Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MCO Terminal C

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I had no problem returning an Avis car at Terminal C last night. All on-site rental car companies at MCO are now offering returns to C. As of now, only Sixt is rening cars from C however. The other agencies require you to take the shuttle to Terminal B.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
As of last Wednesday around 1pm, the rental car garage at Terminal C was accepting returns.

I flew out of there that night. It's a beautiful terminal, but man it's a hike! At least JFK T4 has moving walkways. I was out of gate C230, the very last one on the north pier, and made it as far as the brewery bar; while there, my gate was switched to C235, which was marginally closer back the way I came. There was zero line at security (I was the only person in line for PreCheck), and this was around 5:30pm the day before Thanksgiving.

Like I said, it's a nice terminal, and it's nice to be able to avoid the parking lots known as Route 528 and Semoran Boulevard (at least during high season). Google Maps showed Terminals A and B taking 10+ minutes longer than driving south around the field to Terminal C.

-J.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
As of last Wednesday around 1pm, the rental car garage at Terminal C was accepting returns.

I flew out of there that night. It's a beautiful terminal, but man it's a hike! At least JFK T4 has moving walkways. I was out of gate C230, the very last one on the north pier, and made it as far as the brewery bar; while there, my gate was switched to C235, which was marginally closer back the way I came. There was zero line at security (I was the only person in line for PreCheck), and this was around 5:30pm the day before Thanksgiving.

Like I said, it's a nice terminal, and it's nice to be able to avoid the parking lots known as Route 528 and Semoran Boulevard (at least during high season). Google Maps showed Terminals A and B taking 10+ minutes longer than driving south around the field to Terminal C.

-J.
I was there last night as well, at gate 233 (right by the beer bar). I was waiting there about 4 hours due to delays and would have joined you for a drink if I knew you were there! I entered from the north and did see the heavy traffic trying to enter Terminal B, but the far right lane (which goes to Terminal C) was moving fairly well. There are some pretty obvious design flaws with the new terminal IMO. For example, you need to take the elevator up one level in the parking garage from the rental cars in order to enter the terminal, but the terminal entrance isn't aligned with that floor, so you need to then take an escalator or another elevator the rest of the way up. Also, the final rental car return sign right before the terminal shows a large right arrow, but it's not clear whether you turn right immediately before or after the sign (it is much closer to the turn slightly before, but that involved a 5 minute loop back around again).
Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I was there last night as well, at gate 233 (right by the beer bar). I was waiting there about 4 hours due to delays and would have joined you for a drink if I knew you were there! I entered from the north and did see the heavy traffic trying to enter Terminal B, but the far right lane (which goes to Terminal C) was moving fairly well. There are some pretty obvious design flaws with the new terminal IMO. For example, you need to take the elevator up one level in the parking garage from the rental cars in order to enter the terminal, but the terminal entrance isn't aligned with that floor, so you need to then take an escalator or another elevator the rest of the way up. Also, the final rental car return sign right before the terminal shows a large right arrow, but it's not clear whether you turn right immediately before or after the sign (it is much closer to the turn slightly before, but that involved a 5 minute loop back around again).
Sorry, should have been more specific - I was there last Wednesday

I hit some heavy traffic before the traffic light, but otherwise it was relatively fine. We were unsure if we were in the correct lane at one point (the signage could be better), but I was let out right by the entrance doors, which is where PreCheck is located.

-J.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
You can enter the Terminal C Pedestrian Bridge directly from the Garage if you take any elevator to Level 4. If you get off or are on Level 3 you will have to use the escalator or take another elevator to go up to Level 4 into the Pedestrian bridge to cross into Terminal C.

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Sorry, should have been more specific - I was there last Wednesday

I hit some heavy traffic before the traffic light, but otherwise it was relatively fine. We were unsure if we were in the correct lane at one point (the signage could be better), but I was let out right by the entrance doors, which is where PreCheck is located.

-J.
Unfortunately I’ve noticed the roadway wayfinding signage for Terminal C is very poor from the North Airport Entrance (Semoran Blvd & SR-528) but I’d recommend staying in the far right lane to avoid getting caught in the Terminal A/B traffic which sometimes spills over into the middle thru lanes. If arriving from the South entrance (SR-417 & Boggy Creek Road) the roadway signage for Terminal C is much better since it’s the first terminal but you will want to stay in the far left lane after the traffic light to avoid getting cut off from drivers weaving to get over at the last minute into the right Terminal A/B lanes (this happens almost every time I enter the airport from the south entrance)
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:52 am

supposedly im traveling from MCO on Sunday, March 5th back to NYC. from what i can ascertain, it seems as though the plaza premium lounge opens at 2pm?!

that seems a bit odd and disappointing at the same time honestly...
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
You can enter the Terminal C Pedestrian Bridge directly from the Garage if you take any elevator to Level 4. If you get off or are on Level 3 you will have to use the escalator or take another elevator to go up to Level 4 into the Pedestrian bridge to cross into Terminal C.
Any updates on the rental car situation at Terminal C? I made a Sixt booking just in case, although it's $200 more expensive than my existing National booking. But with 6 of us and multiple bags, I couldn't stomach the idea of going from C to B just to pick up the car.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Any updates on the rental car situation at Terminal C? I made a Sixt booking just in case, although it's $200 more expensive than my existing National booking. But with 6 of us and multiple bags, I couldn't stomach the idea of going from C to B just to pick up the car.
We were there mid-December. Flew on B6 in and out of Terminal C and also rented a car from Sixt. The rental counter is in the same area as baggage claim. You then go down into the garage to get into the car. Sixt had a good number of cars there, but seems to also shuffle vehicles between C and B.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by skw1
We were there mid-December. Flew on B6 in and out of Terminal C and also rented a car from Sixt. The rental counter is in the same area as baggage claim. You then go down into the garage to get into the car. Sixt had a good number of cars there, but seems to also shuffle vehicles between C and B.
Sorry, what do you mean by "seems to also shuffle vehicles between C and B"? Does that mean we can show up and they send us to Terminal B anyway?
Old Jan 15, 2023, 6:52 pm

Yes at the moment Sixt is currently the only Rental Car operator that allows car pick ups from Terminal C (all the other major carriers allow drop offs at C now). However I definitely don’t think it’s worth $200 extra just to rent from a company that allows pick ups from C. MCO started running a curbside shuttle in addition to the automated tram for those with a lot of luggage but I’d recommend just sending one person to pick up the rental car and have everyone else wait at the curbside for luggage and you can loop back around and pick them up right at the curb even if picking up a car from Sixt at the Terminal C garage.

Sorry, what do you mean by "seems to also shuffle vehicles between C and B"? Does that mean we can show up and they send us to Terminal B anyway?
Likely means Sixt just rotate the cars around between the two garages so no.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 7:49 pm

Yes, confirmed again that Sixt was the only pick-up company in C, and even then, we had to wait there for 15 minutes while someone ran to B to grab the car we reserved. It was more expensive, as I said, but we did get a nice BMW X5 for far cheaper than it would have been anywhere else.

But seriously, C has been open for months now. It's time for everyone to get their act together.
GW McLintock and michael1023 like this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 4:17 pm

Update on MCO Terminal C Construction Progress

Looks like construction on the abandoned pedestrian walkway project (which was halted during COVID) from Terminal C to the Intermodal Terminal for Brightline & tram to Terminals A/B will resume soon and be completed within 15-18 months thanks to federal infrastructure law earmarks for the project. This new pedestrian bridge will also house the permanent home for Rental Car counters (currently the rental companies have temporary counters located in the baggage claim area). As far as rental cars available for pick-up in the C garage, it appears that Sixt is still the only company with vehicles in the C garage and the rest are only available in A & B so GOAA has extended the contract on shuttle buses from Terminal C to the B Garage.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...ief-is-coming/
N830MH likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Looks like construction on the abandoned pedestrian walkway project (which was halted during COVID) from Terminal C to the Intermodal Terminal for Brightline & tram to Terminals A/B will resume soon and be completed within 15-18 months thanks to federal infrastructure law earmarks for the project. This new pedestrian bridge will also house the permanent home for Rental Car counters (currently the rental companies have temporary counters located in the baggage claim area). As far as rental cars available for pick-up in the C garage, it appears that Sixt is still the only company with vehicles in the C garage and the rest are only available in A & B so GOAA has extended the contract on shuttle buses from Terminal C to the B Garage.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...ief-is-coming/
Ridiculous. National, Hertz et al don't need some massive infrastructure investment in order to start providing pick-ups in C. You need a roadside stand, a few dozen parking spaces, and 2-3 people. Look at what a no-frills, jury-rigged operation Sixt is running there -- and yet, we decided to pay them more money rather than dragging all of our luggage to B after landing.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:21 pm

Rental Car Pickup now available from the Terminal C Garage.

Good news for those renting a car. You no longer need to take a shuttle/tram to Terminal B to pick up a rental car when arriving at Terminal C. All the on-site rental companies now have pick ups available in the Terminal C Garage.

RWPrincess and michael1023 like this.
Old May 11, 2023, 10:55 am

Still unable to confirm 100% but it seems Avis Preferred is not available at MCO C - everyone stands in line

RWPrincess likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.