Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Why is nobody talking that Mint has gotten much more expensive?

Why is nobody talking that Mint has gotten much more expensive?

Old Aug 26, 2022, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Prices are high because they're selling seats and capacity is capped.

The only "hack" I have is to book Mint to LHR and Blue on the way back. $1600-1800 RT.
my flight is empty and yet they want to charge me $1,200+ one way per person? hmm...
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
The price of a Mint seat I was watching doubled in the last few weeks, with zero seats sold. I'm watching FLL - SFO flight 277 on 1/7/23. When I first looked it was about $1200. Then it went to $1700, and now it's almost $2300. And the seatmap has been empty all along.

Edit: I have to make the trip, so I booked two Mint seats a couple of hours ago. Now it's showing $2731.

Last edited by bilofsky; Sep 7, 2022 at 10:45 pm
Old Sep 8, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bilofsky
The price of a Mint seat I was watching doubled in the last few weeks, with zero seats sold. I'm watching FLL - SFO flight 277 on 1/7/23. When I first looked it was about $1200. Then it went to $1700, and now it's almost $2300. And the seatmap has been empty all along.

Edit: I have to make the trip, so I booked two Mint seats a couple of hours ago. Now it's showing $2731.
The vast majority of domestic Mint seats are sold within a month of the flight. There will be many price fluctuations between now and then.

The seat map many months ahead means little. If they know the seats are likely to sold at a high price within a week of the flight, it makes no sense to sell out the cabin months ahead at low fares.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Prices are high because they're selling seats and capacity is capped.

The only "hack" I have is to book Mint to LHR and Blue on the way back. $1600-1800 RT.
No, they are not selling that many Mint seats; they just don't have enough staff now to properly manage the flights. I heard that B6 recently lost a lot of associates both in regular revenue management and ancillary revenue.

However, people also need to realistic. Very much doubt B6 will ever offer JFK SEA for $299 one-way in Mint.
MSYtoJFKagain likes this.

Last edited by fly747first; Sep 12, 2022 at 6:51 pm
Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
As others said: people found out about the product. It's a superior business class product on popular routes. We moved our business travel (Bay Area -> NY / BOS) to B6. I am sure others did the same.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:36 pm

Update: I’m starting to see mint flights from BOS-LAX back in the $1300 R/T range. Though it’s rare, it looks like the prices are starting to come down!
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
Originally Posted by bhuwan
Update: Im starting to see mint flights from BOS-LAX back in the $1300 R/T range. Though its rare, it looks like the prices are starting to come down!
FLL - SFO Jan. 7 hasn't come down - still $2,731.

But the next day is $3,145! Can anyone top that within the U.S.?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:49 am

Maybe Delta? Just Kidding. Sorta. When I was looking for RT tickets lately, Delta was like $4,500, all the rest (including JB) were around $2,000-$2300. And that was even searching the respective "home" airports (ie: JFK, EWR, BOS). Obviously dates/times/destinations will matter.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by bhuwan
Update: I’m starting to see mint flights from BOS-LAX back in the $1300 R/T range. Though it’s rare, it looks like the prices are starting to come down!
I just priced SFO-BOS-SFO in Mint for mid-October. JetBlue was $3400 RT ($3000 if I left BOS at 6am). Chose instead to fly United, whom I previously would spurn. But UA is $1200 less in First!

I know that JetBlue Mint is better, especially those single suites, but actually I find their Mint seats too hard and uncomfortable. For a 5-6 hour flight, I'll stick with UA until the price comes back down to earth!
bilofsky likes this.

Last edited by StingWest; Sep 21, 2022 at 4:50 pm
Old Sep 29, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just booked JFK-SAN for year end.

B6 Mint for 2: $4k
DL F for 2 (in their Delta One flat beds but sold as First): $4.6k

Pricing in F across the board has just gone higher as some folks step up to pay a premium to fly upfront in a post COVID world
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
However, people also need to realistic. Very much doubt B6 will ever offer JFK SEA for $299 one-way in Mint.
To be honest, they have offered $369 EWR-LAX/SFO and $399 MIA-LAX in the past. The latter was within the last few months ( but with horrible timings of a 6am or 9pm MIA departure )

However, at the moment they have Mint aircraft shortages which led B6 to operate some LON flights with A321neo's rather than A321LR's which also affected domestic leg pricing and reduced suites. They needed to switch some of their SAN and SEA Mint flights to non-Mint aircraft. PBI-LAX is no longer a Mint route due to the same exact reason. Someone has also told me that he has noticed A320's operating select frequencies on JFK-LAX these days.

Very recently, I have flown an A321ceo with Mint on a non-Mint 2h route which was subbed from an A220-300 last minute and I have realized that some other flights had the same issue. If I'm not wrong JetBlue also has delivery issues with their A220's in addition to A321LR's thus they are not able to manage the fleet as they have originally planned so which means fewer Mint seats within the US domestic network.

Once these delivery issues are all complete, I assume that we'll see domestic Mint routes other than NYC-LAX/SFO & FLL-LAX go down in terms of pricing. Domestic Y pricing on JetBlue and several other carriers are going back to normal after the Spring/Summer 2022 demand increase and markups and I imagine Mint pricing would also be competitive.
corky, BettyKat and bilofsky like this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Looks like some fares are coming down — seeing $504 one-way BOS-SEA (or vice versa) in November - December and all of January
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Apparently until mid-December, non-prime-time JFK-LAX flights could be found for $547 in Mint.
Mostly 6am and 8:30pm & onwards departures from JFK and 1-4pm departures from LAX which arrives at JFK 10pm-1am.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:35 pm

And now it's $3,831.

And only 5 seats sold.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
To be honest, they have offered $369 EWR-LAX/SFO and $399 MIA-LAX in the past. The latter was within the last few months ( but with horrible timings of a 6am or 9pm MIA departure )
B6 did in fact offer JFK SEA JFK for $299 one-way previously but my point is that with much stronger demand now, I highly doubt they will ever offer such rate again

Also, they only reason they priced EWR LAX/SFO that low was to try to steal some pax when they first started the service from EWR; same as the relatively new MIA LAX flights
ISTFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.