Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GW McLintock
Welcome to the JetBlue TrueBlue Forum FLAME-FREE Q&A Thread!

As seen on many other forums, the Flame-Free Q&A Thread is a friendly place for members to ask anything, even the most basic of questions. No snarky responses here! There are no stupid questions in this thread. This is a centralized place to ask simple questions for which you may not want to start an entire thread. A special effort will be made to avoid using acronyms, jargon, or other language difficult to understand to those who may not fly JetBlue so often. Personally I've found this type of resource to be immensely helpful on other forums, and it's about time that we have one here.

So without further ado... ask away
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2023, 8:46 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yes, but it requires manual agent input to add the second ticket's segments as dummy segements to print the bag tag, that only more senior agents and supervisors know how to do. If you're trying to check bags at Boston or JFK, you'll probably be fine if they can get a supervisor (ticket counter agents are usually the most junior). If you're trying to check bags at an outstation, it will be hit or miss as to whether they'll know how to do it.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
For SFO - NYC, any thoughts about whether it's worth paying up for Mint over AA's lie-flat seats?
Old Mar 11, 2023, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by bilofsky
For SFO - NYC, any thoughts about whether it's worth paying up for Mint over AA's lie-flat seats?
Assuming you mean AA J since both their F and J have lie-flats, the main difference is that in Mint you have a better shot at aisle access as you can book an aisle seat or the throne seat. Otherwise I would take whatever is cheaper or has the better schedule (or better pads your mileage account). The food in Mint is also better on occasion. However I would prefer to arrive into T8 than T5 at JFK.

-J.
bilofsky likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
I'm trying to book a flight on the website with points plus Travel Bank credits. But when I select Points plus Cash two things happen:
  1. Once I select points plus cash, I no longer see it applying the credits, and
  2. I don't see a way to go back to cash plus credits.
Am I just not seeing the right thing to click?
Old Mar 23, 2023, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by bilofsky
I'm trying to book a flight on the website with points plus Travel Bank credits. But when I select Points plus Cash two things happen:
  1. Once I select points plus cash, I no longer see it applying the credits, and
  2. I don't see a way to go back to cash plus credits.
Am I just not seeing the right thing to click?
This has been somewhat extensively discussed. The functionality was removed earlier this year. I do not expect it will ever return.

You can allegedly do this over the phone.

-J.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
This has been somewhat extensively discussed. The functionality was removed earlier this year. I do not expect it will ever return.

You can allegedly do this over the phone.

-J.
Thanks. I was able to do it over the phone at a penny a point. I was not charged $25.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
sorry[but as a new aa executive platinum i am trying to understand the perks on jetblue...do i get 2 free checked bags no matter what fare i purchase?also do my family have baggage privilleges as well if they are on the same reservation to me? thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2023, 2:50 pm

I have 4500 points and a travel credit in my account since most have been pooled into another family member. I have $50 taxes to pay and wondering if there is a way for me to use my family member's points but my travel credit to book? Any other creative methods if that's not allowed? Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2023, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam007
I have 4500 points and a travel credit in my account since most have been pooled into another family member. I have $50 taxes to pay and wondering if there is a way for me to use my family member's points but my travel credit to book? Any other creative methods if that's not allowed? Thanks
You can do this over the phone or in a chat.

Why can't I use travel bank on a points flight (for the taxes portion)
JetBlue Website Continually Not Functional

-J.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 8:28 am

I thought I was able to apply travel bank credits to an award booking. I cancelled a flight to PUJ and my points and money haven't been refunded yet, but I tried rebooking and it says I can't apply travel bank credits anyway. Would calling in bypass this or am I SOL?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlphonsoMango
I thought I was able to apply travel bank credits to an award booking. I cancelled a flight to PUJ and my points and money haven't been refunded yet, but I tried rebooking and it says I can't apply travel bank credits anyway. Would calling in bypass this or am I SOL?
See the previous post:

-J.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:40 am

See the previous post:

-J.
Thank you. I just chatted and I was told they can't apply it since PUJ doesn't refund the $10 tourism tax so now I'm short money and can't apply the travel bank. Do you think calling in would help? I see another poster mentioned they can't pay with points, travel bank, and credit.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlphonsoMango
Thank you. I just chatted and I was told they can't apply it since PUJ doesn't refund the $10 tourism tax so now I'm short money and can't apply the travel bank. Do you think calling in would help? I see another poster mentioned they can't pay with points, travel bank, and credit.
Unfortunately, the government of the Dominican Republic charges a nonrefundable tax on each ticket, so if you cancel you are out the money. It sucks and I personally have cut back on my DR travel since that was implemented several years ago -- in fact, I don't think I have been for leisure since they started that. You should be able to recover the rest of the taxes. I thought the DR tax was $20 for some reason.

-J.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 9:05 am

Programs: QF Silver
Originally Posted by Ms_KH
I booked a basic blue fare with EMS. If I change my flight, do I retain my EMS benefits? When I go into change flight, it says I have a check bag, but wants to charge me for a seat in row 2. Thanks!
Hi all - can anyone help me with this one? Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2023, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Ms_KH
Hi all - can anyone help me with this one? Thanks!
"Are Even More Space charges refundable?

"Currently, all Even More Space charges are refunded to the original form of payment should you need to change or cancel your flight. Charges are also refunded if JetBlue cancels your flight due to an operational disruption and cannot seat you in an Even More Space seat on your re-accommodated flight. However, all charges are forfeited if you paid for an Even More Space seat and later select a seat other than an Even More Space seat, or if you do not show up for your flight and have a pre-reserved Even More Space seat."

Source:

https://www.jetblue.com/flying-with-us/even-more-space

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.