Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GW McLintock
Welcome to the JetBlue TrueBlue Forum FLAME-FREE Q&A Thread!

As seen on many other forums, the Flame-Free Q&A Thread is a friendly place for members to ask anything, even the most basic of questions. No snarky responses here! There are no stupid questions in this thread. This is a centralized place to ask simple questions for which you may not want to start an entire thread. A special effort will be made to avoid using acronyms, jargon, or other language difficult to understand to those who may not fly JetBlue so often. Personally I've found this type of resource to be immensely helpful on other forums, and it's about time that we have one here.

So without further ado... ask away
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2022, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by gutenmorgan
It feels like this should be an incredibly obvious thing but I am having trouble believing it--does Jetblue really not have a mealservice (however mediocre) on transcon flights? Just figuring out whether I need to eat at the airport today before leaving and am mildly shocked that the answer is "if you don't want sunchips and a diet coke over 6+ hours, yes" . Between their terminal's bad lounge options and this, I'm failing to grasp why anyone chooses the airline for transcon if they aren't flying in Mint or taking a short flight.
AFAIK most airlines don't offer any meals in Y domestically. I know AA (and maybe DL?) offer a BOB item for free but that's hardly a meal; Alaska offers a snack like JetBlue. You can buy fresh food items on JetBlue (though they cannot be preordered like on AS).

-J.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 3:52 pm

JFK/LAX on aa is designated a “flagship route” and I believe offers like a “chicken or pasta” type meal but perhaps I am hallucinating. I figured that was representative of mainline carriers flying that route, which JetBlue basically is these days. Thank you for confirming regardless! I’m piling some extra trail mix into my cup at the lounge even as we speak.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 10:47 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
It feels like this should be an incredibly obvious thing but I am having trouble believing it--does Jetblue really not have a mealservice (however mediocre) on transcon flights? Just figuring out whether I need to eat at the airport today before leaving and am mildly shocked that the answer is "if you don't want sunchips and a diet coke over 6+ hours, yes" . Between their terminal's bad lounge options and this, I'm failing to grasp why anyone chooses the airline for transcon if they aren't flying in Mint or taking a short flight.
They sell food on board. Relatively real food. We usually pick up something we like better before we go to the airport. We take JetBlue cross country regularly, because they usually are the less expensive option, have more legroom and better entertainment (and free Wifi) than the others. Lounges and free food really don't enter into our travel choice calculation.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
JFK/LAX on aa is designated a “flagship route” and I believe offers like a “chicken or pasta” type meal but perhaps I am hallucinating. I figured that was representative of mainline carriers flying that route, which JetBlue basically is these days. Thank you for confirming regardless! I’m piling some extra trail mix into my cup at the lounge even as we speak.
No you're mostly correct — the AA premium transcons (JFK-SFO/LAX) in Y used to offer a cold meal and based on this thread (2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)) it's been brought back post-covid. DL used to do that pre-covid as well, but right now they're doing nothing, while UA had hot meals in Economy Plus (which are also not back) but nothing in regular economy. So if you want food AA is probably the way to go among the 4 (or 5 if you count AS) options you have for transcons
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
No lounge for Mint passengers on the LON flights?

My daughter is flying BOS-LHR and LGW-BOS in Mint. I just want to confirm that there is no B6 lounge access in BOS or either of the LON airports.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
There is currently no JetBlue lounge or equivalent access anywhere in their network. The only way you could get into a lounge is if you have Centurion Lounge access or Priority Pass.

-J.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
My daughter is flying JetBlue for the first time. She has a 14.5" carry on bag, they say 14" is maximum. Is this going to be a problem? How strict are they?

Thx.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sopwith
My daughter is flying JetBlue for the first time. She has a 14.5" carry on bag, they say 14" is maximum. Is this going to be a problem? How strict are they?

Thx.
Depends on the boarding group, airport, flight load, mood of the gate agent, weather over Guam, etc. Personally I think she will be fine, but as always YMMV.

-J.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 2:12 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Depends on the boarding group, airport, flight load, mood of the gate agent, weather over Guam, etc. Personally I think she will be fine, but as always YMMV.

-J.
This is pretty much the only answer. Might get thru, might not. No way to guarantee it with an oversized bag, no matter how slightly oversized.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Hi JetBlue Forum, I'm hoping for some advice or suggestions - I live in Portland Oregon and fly out of PDX (though going up to SEA isn't out of the question) and am sitting on about 66,000 TrueBlue points. I've tried using the JetBlue website and google searches to find any flights and all I can seem to find is a redye into JFK, which limits the utility of the points to a great degree. For those of you who are seasoned TrueBlue points users, is it worthwhile to book awards flights to JFK and then proceed to Europe on another carrier? FWIW we primarily fly on Alaska out of PDX and use Delta's Amsterdam flight to get to Europe. I do not really know what to do with these points, if I'm being honest.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UCBeau
Hi JetBlue Forum, I'm hoping for some advice or suggestions - I live in Portland Oregon and fly out of PDX (though going up to SEA isn't out of the question) and am sitting on about 66,000 TrueBlue points. I've tried using the JetBlue website and google searches to find any flights and all I can seem to find is a redye into JFK, which limits the utility of the points to a great degree. For those of you who are seasoned TrueBlue points users, is it worthwhile to book awards flights to JFK and then proceed to Europe on another carrier? FWIW we primarily fly on Alaska out of PDX and use Delta's Amsterdam flight to get to Europe. I do not really know what to do with these points, if I'm being honest.
Sadly PDX doesn't have nearly as many options on JetBlue as it used to have. Back in the day you could go to LGB or even Anchorage! Now you only have JFK and BOS. From those two airports you have access to pretty much the entire east coast, so there are options even if it requires a stop.

You might consider going up to SEA (or even down to LAX/SFO) on your own and catching a Mint flight out of there, if only to burn your points and get your money's worth.

-J.
UCBeau likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by UCBeau
I've tried using the JetBlue website and google searches to find any flights and all I can seem to find is a redye into JFK, which limits the utility of the points to a great degree.
Looks like PDX-JFK resumes 3/26 with only one flight a day, the red eye.
TrueBlue points can also be used on Hawaiian Airlines flights where Hawaiian has opened partner availability. Consider looking at PDX-HNL/OGG.
UCBeau and GW McLintock like this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
Was there any announcement indicating why JFK-SJO looks to be suspended from 5/3/23 to 6/14/23, but not before or after?? It seems to be a recent change

Last edited by Intheair2night; Nov 15, 2022 at 4:14 pm
Old Nov 15, 2022, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I posted this on the AA forum a few weeks ago but did not get a response. Figured I’d try again here.

I purchased a one-way MSY-JFK-BOS on AA.com. Both flights are operated by B6.

B6 operates a MSY-BOS non-stop shortly after my MSY-JFK flight is scheduled to depart.

As an AA elite member, will B6 switch me over to the non-stop flight without a fee if space is available on the day of departure? Obviously I’d rather not connect at JFK if I don’t have to.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Hi JetBlue gurus,

I've got my first B6 flight coming up in a couple of weeks LAX-BOS. I'm in the B6 equivalent of MCE on AA - I paid for the seats because it's the holiday and and knew I wouldn't get em if I waited till 24 hours before check in (and I was right - flight is already sold out looks like)

I'm EXP on AA - and most of my flying is LAX-BOS. Based on scheduling for next year, looks like AA is relying on B6 to provide most of this routing, and fares are cheaper on B6 for this route than AA because looks like AA is really focusing on its premium A321 service on this route.

So my question is this - and if there's a Wiki about this please point me to it - are AA elites considered for complimentary upgrades on B6 the way we are on AA under the new LP system based on your rolling LP balance, fare price etc? I'm just wondering if it's worth me spending about $200 extra per leg on AA because I might have abetter chance of an upgrade on my "home airline" than on a B6 codeshare with this new alliance.

Also, does B6 have a lounge at LAX that I might have access to as an Admirals Club Member?

Finally, does B6 recognize AA elites for priority boarding?

Thanks in advance for any additional tips and advice - I'll start reading more through posts on this forum as I have a feeling I'm going to be spending more time on B6 in the future - but need to stay OW by dumping all miles to AA to earn award tickets for my kid in the UK!

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.