Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GW McLintock
Welcome to the JetBlue TrueBlue Forum FLAME-FREE Q&A Thread!

As seen on many other forums, the Flame-Free Q&A Thread is a friendly place for members to ask anything, even the most basic of questions. No snarky responses here! There are no stupid questions in this thread. This is a centralized place to ask simple questions for which you may not want to start an entire thread. A special effort will be made to avoid using acronyms, jargon, or other language difficult to understand to those who may not fly JetBlue so often. Personally I've found this type of resource to be immensely helpful on other forums, and it's about time that we have one here.

So without further ado... ask away
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Old May 25, 2024, 4:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Le_Champion
Cheers we have no precheck but have the priority security thru EMS seat. And yes two checked bags. Will aim to get there 2hrs before

Hi there! JFK is my home airport and I fly Jetblue all the time as I live in NYC.

If you have checked bags, you will print your bag tags at a self service kiosk. They have about 15-20 of these in the Jetblue terminal (Terminal 5). Then you just simply drop off your bags at the bag drop lines. This goes very quick. I do a checked bag 90% of the time. The most I ever waited was around 4 min as they have 3 separate lines for this.

I just wanted to give you that insight. Have a great time in Vegas! It's one of my favorite places. I was just there last Saturday
Old May 26, 2024, 5:44 pm
daq

Remove seat selection

Hi, I just purchased 2x Blue seats on an already very full flight in July through American Express. I was assigned 2 middle seats in the back of the plane in different rows. There are many seats available for purchase but none next to each other that are free to select. Is there a way for me to remove my seat assingnment and hope for the best (i.e. them assigning us preferred seats etc). I figure it can't get any worse than 2 middle seats in the back?
Old May 27, 2024, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by daq
Hi, I just purchased 2x Blue seats on an already very full flight in July through American Express. I was assigned 2 middle seats in the back of the plane in different rows. There are many seats available for purchase but none next to each other that are free to select. Is there a way for me to remove my seat assingnment and hope for the best (i.e. them assigning us preferred seats etc). I figure it can't get any worse than 2 middle seats in the back?
Call/chat and ask. That's the only way I can think of.

-J.
Old May 30, 2024, 10:06 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
If I miss my mid-day flight (I will get to the airport up to an hour late) and the next nonstop is late evening red-eye, will they put me on that flight, assuming there are empty seats on it? If so, will they charge me the $75 same day change fee? I have a blue fare using points.
Old May 30, 2024, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by nsx
If I miss my mid-day flight (I will get to the airport up to an hour late) and the next nonstop is late evening red-eye, will they put me on that flight, assuming there are empty seats on it? If so, will they charge me the $75 same day change fee? I have a blue fare using points.
Assuming you aren't a Mosaic or anything, I think they will allow you to stand by for it. However a seat is not guaranteed.

-J.
Old May 30, 2024, 11:31 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Assuming you aren't a Mosaic or anything, I think they will allow you to stand by for it. However a seat is not guaranteed.
Thanks. Would I be able to check my one free bag?
Old May 30, 2024, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nsx
Thanks. Would I be able to check my one free bag?
I don't see why not. Just note that as long as the flight is domestic, your bag will travel regardless if you get a seat.

-J.
Old May 31, 2024, 1:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Booked DOH-JFK using Jetblue miles on Qatar airways business class. Need to get to LAS but Jetblue never shows DOH-LAS when searched together. So booked DOH-JFK to grab seats on QR when they became available using Jetblue miles.

Then, booked JFK-LAS using Jetblue miles. Can the reservations be linked by Jetblue or by Qatar so I don't pay baggage fees on the JFK-LAS leg? Can QR through check it? I will have 4 bags (2 pax) so it will be about $170 savings if I can do something in advance to avoid that. I dont have any Jetblue status or credit card. Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2024, 10:16 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk

Then, booked JFK-LAS using Jetblue miles. Can the reservations be linked by Jetblue or by Qatar so I don't pay baggage fees on the JFK-LAS leg? Can QR through check it? I will have 4 bags (2 pax) so it will be about $170 savings if I can do something in advance to avoid that. I dont have any Jetblue status or credit card. Thanks!
Doubt it, different booking numbers. Can ask nicely but YMMV. I had issues DUB-BOS, BOS-BWI on separate reservations and both on B6. I have had issues on all airlines linking reservations/perks
Old Jun 4, 2024, 6:36 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk
Booked DOH-JFK using Jetblue miles on Qatar airways business class. Need to get to LAS but Jetblue never shows DOH-LAS when searched together. So booked DOH-JFK to grab seats on QR when they became available using Jetblue miles.

No. Qatar will only check-through separate tickets on OneWorld carriers, which JetBlue is not.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 8:24 am

Just flew in Mint LAX to JFK on the updated A321neo with the full 8 pods. No blankets or pillows and the IFE stopped working after takeoff, is this something worth complaining over? Honestly the lack of blankets was the worst part because it was freezing, but not sure its worth the time to pursue
Old Jun 13, 2024, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flipperjoe
Just flew in Mint LAX to JFK on the updated A321neo with the full 8 pods. No blankets or pillows and the IFE stopped working after takeoff, is this something worth complaining over? Honestly the lack of blankets was the worst part because it was freezing, but not sure its worth the time to pursue
Absolutely. Send a concise message via the feedback form and they should give you something. The blanket product is one of their strategic partnerships and is a selling point of the Mint experience.

-J.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 11:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
Will add a (unfortunate) datapoint here - I've had two full-fare refundable Mint tickets where the seat didn't recline, and didn't get anything in response but a "we noted it but won't give you compensation since you're not on the plane"

I'd for sure report it, but it's always a random chance on what you'll get as a mea culpa
jjbiv and GW McLintock like this.
Old Yesterday, 12:55 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Parents are going to be on the 4th revenue flight of N3194J

I can't believe my parents of all people will be on the 4th revenue flight of N3194J (B6 1566 SAT-BOS June 14th)..They won't even care and I'm jealous because I haven't even been on an A220 (A223).

Question is are there likely to be some hiccups because the plane is so new? semi serious question..Is New Plane Smell real? 😁
Old Yesterday, 2:43 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
are there likely to be some hiccups because the plane is so new?
No

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
semi serious question..Is New Plane Smell real? 😁
Yes! Just like with a car, the plastics need to air out.
jjbiv likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.