Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Delayed already (on a long layover) what do you think

Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Hi, all. We started off in Shannon, Ireland today so I don’t really know what happened but we are in JFK terminal 5 and there are a bunch of delayed flights.

We have been sitting here, exhausted a few hours into a nearly 7 hour layover. Personally, I wouldn’t mind going to the TWA hotel and going to bed.

Does anyone have a guess on the likelihood that the flight crew will have to time out on this? Thanks for any thoughts. This is an aer lingus jet blue code share.

Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by whitewave
Hi, all. We started off in Shannon, Ireland today so I don’t really know what happened but we are in JFK terminal 5 and there are a bunch of delayed flights.

We have been sitting here, exhausted a few hours into a nearly 7 hour layover. Personally, I wouldn’t mind going to the TWA hotel and going to bed.

Does anyone have a guess on the likelihood that the flight crew will have to time out on this? Thanks for any thoughts. This is an aer lingus jet blue code share.
No one on here can tell you (unless they work in B6 ops) — IMO the fact that they're delaying the flight by an hour instead of cancelling / delaying overnight means they think they have a crew that can fly it. Could try asking the gate agent at the gate in an hour or so when they show up if there's a crew assigned (which they should be able to see), although not sure if they know anything about duty hours either.
whitewave likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by truncated
No one on here can tell you (unless they work in B6 ops) — IMO the fact that they're delaying the flight by an hour instead of cancelling / delaying overnight means they think they have a crew that can fly it. Could try asking the gate agent at the gate in an hour or so when they show up if there's a crew assigned (which they should be able to see), although not sure if they know anything about duty hours either.
Thanks. They didn’t know anything. I spoke with a FA friend (not jet blue though) and she said there is no reason to think it won’t go.

it’s under an hour delayed now so I guess the pilot is hauling butt. I’m going to try and rally and make the flight.

The people at the gate where I’m sitting— JFK to MCO just applauded their pilot who just showed up. I think they have been delayed 2 hours.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Ok well seek an ye shall find I guess. We just walked to the new gate and the two pilots are sitting here with us lol. I assume they are our pilots and not pilots flying elsewhere. Idk. They are both on the phone so I’m not asking.

Edited: our gate just changed again so I guess they aren’t our pilots.

edited again, 5 gate changes but it looks like we will board after they clean and cater the plane

Last edited by whitewave; Jun 9, 2022 at 8:41 pm
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:04 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
So???
whitewave likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
So???
Looks like the flight left 1h30min late and made it to MSY at 1:37am
whitewave likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
So???
Got home after 2am, after being awake for about 24 hours. I’ve been sleeping all day.

The flight was non eventful. The staff were tired but friendly and professional. The plane was very nice. I’m glad we didn’t delay until today because we had a long period of severe weather this morning.

thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.