Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Travel Agent Booking to J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

I’m planning on flying B6 BOS -> SEA in June due to the Mint Product. My employer has a policy against paying for J, and I’m required to book travel through the CWT Portal (Travel Agent.)

Normally I upgrade online or call the airline and pay the difference with cash or trip credits. I’ve used this strategy successfully on DL and AA.

Will B6 allow me to pay the difference in cash over the phone with them, or refuse and make me call the travel agent to make the change?

Also, how about using B6 trip credits to pay the difference? Would this work even if it was a B6 website booking vs. travel agent?

Is there a dedicated B6 contact number for Travel Agent Bookings (similar to the AA BusinessExtra line)?
Old May 19, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic
I can't help with the travel agent side of things, but the one time I upgraded from Core to Mint, they cancelled my Core seat and booked an entire new reservation.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club British Airways Executive Club
Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm in the same position with a flight BOS to LGW on the 14th. My company has booked it for me but I'd like to upgrade on my own dime without spending hours on the phone.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by matd
Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm in the same position with a flight BOS to LGW on the 14th. My company has booked it for me but I'd like to upgrade on my own dime without spending hours on the phone.
I know B6 offers upgrades for cash at the airport on day of departure if there is availability. I've done it tons of times to LAX and LAS. Not sure if it's offered on international routes.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:42 pm

This doesn't directly answer your questions, but may be helpful nonetheless. In the past, I have booked through the website using a company credit card and then upgraded (again through the website) to Mint using my personal card. My memory is that the process was similar to upgrading to Even More Space, just with a higher price tag for the Mint seats. More recently, I booked through my employer's travel agent and then used my personal card to upgrade to Even More Space after booking (unfortunately, Mint was unavailable for my route on my travel dates). The website gave an error for one leg of my trip (unrelated to it being booked through a travel agent), so I called in to do the seat change. The hold time was reported to be close to an hour, but they did have a callback feature that meant I didn't have to wait on the line for that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.