Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

How to get Aa elite benefits on JetBlue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get Aa elite benefits on JetBlue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by benaccetto
Just wanted to share my experience. I am an AA Platinum Select card holder. Booked my Blue Basic fare for my wife & I a couple of months ago, LAX-EWR on JetBlue red-eye flight. When I made my reservation, after entering my AA FF number, I looked to reserve seats but was only given a $$ upgrade option. This past weekend, I called in to JetBlue and was told that AA Platinum Elite status had no benefits for seating or baggage for Blue Basic (ie. Extra charges for checked or overhead baggage, no seats until 24 hours before flight.)

Last night, I checked in exactly 24 hours ahead. The reservation still said no bags, but when I added one for each of us and proceeded to the next page, there was no charge for the bags. Continuing on, I went to reserve seats and was offered up EMS seats. Took those seats and completed the check in. Also my reservation had previously been tagged for the last boarding group but after my check in, it said that I was boarding with the AAElite group.

So it appears that AA Elite benefits are not able to be applied until check in but until then, there is no way to get free bags or seats. I am pretty sure that I got the baggage option first so that probably did not rely on the EMS option, making the only issue being you cannot claim benefits until the 24 hour check-in period. Of course, that might mean that if there is a full flight of JetBlue Mosaic passengers, it might be difficult to get the EMS upgrade, but you should be able to at least be able to check luggage free of charge. I am also expecting that since I was able to get an EMS upgrade, I could also use the carry-on overhead option but with a non-stop, we are fine with checking our bags.

Hopefully my experience is mirrored by other AA Elites. It still seems like reciprocity is not very well documented but at least it does appear as though there is some benefit for AA Elites.
(Emphasis added.)

I'm a little confused by your post. "AA Platinum Select" is not the name of an AAdvantage elite tier; it is the name of a Citi-issued credit card which earns AAdvantage miles and confers some benefits when flying on AA metal. There are no JetBlue benefits associated with having such a card.

If you also happen to have elite status in the AAdvantage program (Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro, or Executive Platinum), then that would explain the benefits you received from JetBlue at check-in.

It had previously been reported that the free-checked-bag benefit was only confirmable at the airport, and not during online check-in. But it appears that you were able to get it online.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:27 pm

Sorry about that. I corrected my post to state that I am a Gold Elite.

Yesterday night, when I did my online check-in at 24 hours before flight time, it still said that I would have to pay for checked luggage and I was preparing to pay so I added the bag and went to the next page in my check-in. On the next page, it had a $0.00 charge for the bag that I had entered. My wife and I were just going to go with 1 bigger bag (extended weekend trip) but after seeing no charge, I went back, entered a bag for each of us and proceeded to the next page where it accepted both the bags (1 each) without a charge. The next page after that was choosing seats and I realized at that point that I was getting EMS seats.
guv1976 likes this.

Last edited by benaccetto; Aug 4, 2022 at 4:34 pm Reason: Status clarification
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
As an AA EXP, I did a same-day switch (I was able to do so starting midnight on the departure day) for my mint flight but on check-out still had to pay the $75 same-day switch fee. I figured I would arrive at the airport before my flight to get it taken off. None of the Jetblue agents, both at the regular travel assistance desk and the mint desk knew that same-day switch was complimentary.

In the end I gave up and DM'd jetblue on twitter, and they promptly refunded me the $75 switch fee.
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:54 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
B6 Award ticket with a companion. Both of us got two bags for free and EMS during check-in.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound
B6 Award ticket with a companion. Both of us got two bags for free and EMS during check-in.
If this was with TrueBlue points, how did you update your FF details? It's greyed out for me when going to jetblue.com and managing my trip.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:27 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lowfareair
If this was with TrueBlue points, how did you update your FF details? It's greyed out for me when going to jetblue.com and managing my trip.
It wasn't for me.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by lowfareair
My experience:
(just did this a week ago for a flight on B6 in 2 weeks)

Booked with TrueBlue points, then used the chat function in the JetBlue app to request an agent change the account to my AAdvantage number.

I attempted to do it online (PC and iPhone app) but the field remained greyed out. Seems like calling/messaging is the only way to fix after booking.

Hopefully I’ll get EMS seats when I go to check-in!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
My experience was the same as AAkiddo. However, after adding my AA number, I was unable to view my reservation on the JetBlue site and could not add it. It did appear on my app but still cannot manage reservation.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 7:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Ambassador (LT Titanium)
Is it confirmed that NONE of the AA-Jetblue stated benefits show at time of booking, and we can only see them (hope to see them) @ 24hrs prior to flight? I booked a Blue Basic fare and would hate to be left with not even a carry on..
Old Mar 27, 2023, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Originally Posted by sam2k2002
Is it confirmed that NONE of the AA-Jetblue stated benefits show at time of booking, and we can only see them (hope to see them) @ 24hrs prior to flight? I booked a Blue Basic fare and would hate to be left with not even a carry on..
That's correct. All the benefits start at check-in.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by sam2k2002
Correct. T-24 hours is when the doors to the kingdom open. Not to worry. They open - I'm content as an AA EXP fly B6 if it means saving 3-4 hours over an AA connection.
Old May 11, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
I have a variant of the same problem. I have been Mosaic for a number of. years by some combination of flights and credit card spend. I'm AA Plat for Life but more importantly I'm BA Gold for Life. I'd like to accumulate Mosaic points but get perks if there are any for being One World Emerald.
Old May 11, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by shawbridge
I have a variant of the same problem. I have been Mosaic for a number of. years by some combination of flights and credit card spend. I'm AA Plat for Life but more importantly I'm BA Gold for Life. I'd like to accumulate Mosaic points but get perks if there are any for being One World Emerald.
B6 is not a part of one world so that means nothing in this context. Just use your TrueBlue number and get whatever benefits that brings you.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old May 11, 2023, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
B6 is not a part of one world so that means nothing in this context. Just use your TrueBlue number and get whatever benefits that brings you.
While B6 is not part of oneworld, AA elites do get perks when flying B6. But I'm pretty sure that to get those perks, one's AAdvantage number has to be in the PNR.
Old May 11, 2023, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
I wasn't clear until I read the response. I'd like to get Mosaic points but OneWorld Emerald Perks when flying AA. Is that possible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.