Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue to Cut/Suspend 27 Routes!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

https://simpleflying.com/jetblue-cut...s-summer-2022/

JetBlue is cutting or postponing 27 routes, based on the carrier's schedule filing over the weekend.
AUS-CUN and BNA-CUN appear to have been permanently cut. Another 25 routes have been suspended for the summer. Some of these (like JFK-EYW) are likely seasonal cuts, others are probably more due to low demand and high fuel prices.

Full list of suspensions:
  • BOS-EYW
  • FLL-CLE/CTG/GCM/ORD/PDX/PLS/POS/SEA/SXM
  • BDL-LAS/SFO
  • JFK-EYW
  • LAX-AUS/RDU/SJO/PBI
  • EWR-ATL/AUS/CHS/JAX/LAS/PHX/RDU/SAN
-J.
N830MH likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:17 am

I think staffing is the greatest reason for this. They added a lot of flights and are finding that they simply can't operate it.

Maybe they are actually putting more emphasis on operations now that Scott is gone.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by tphuang
I think staffing is the greatest reason for this. They added a lot of flights and are finding that they simply can't operate it.

Maybe they are actually putting more emphasis on operations now that Scott is gone.
He did! He was resigned and then he got a job at Delta. In a few month since he work for Delta and after he was resigns from Delta a very short time. He is nowhere to find a new job.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
https://simpleflying.com/jetblue-cut...s-summer-2022/

AUS-CUN and BNA-CUN appear to have been permanently cut. Another 25 routes have been suspended for the summer. Some of these (like JFK-EYW) are likely seasonal cuts, others are probably more due to low demand and high fuel prices.

Full list of suspensions:
  • BOS-EYW
  • FLL-CLE/CTG/GCM/ORD/PDX/PLS/POS/SEA/SXM
  • BDL-LAS/SFO
  • JFK-EYW
  • LAX-AUS/RDU/SJO/PBI
  • EWR-ATL/AUS/CHS/JAX/LAS/PHX/RDU/SAN
-J.
will this make the rest of the flights more on time?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by michael1023
will this make the rest of the flights more on time?
One can only hope

-J.
N830MH likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
No love lost for EWR-AUS. I've been tempted onto that flight a couple of times and regretted each one.
jjbiv likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.