Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Liquor and EatUp Cafe Returning March 15th

Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

Per an article on PaxEx.Aero (h/t to sbm12), EatUp Cafe fresh food items and liquor will be returning on March 15th. Fresh food will be available on 34 transcon routes:
  • BDL-LAS, LAX, SFO
  • BOS-BUR, LAS, LAX, PSP, SAN, SEA, SFO
  • JFK-BUR, PSP, OAK, ONT, PDX, SEA, SJC, SMF, SJC, LAS, LAX, SAN, SFO
  • EWR-LAX, LAS, SAN, SFO
  • FLL-LAX, SAN, PSP, PDX, SEA, SFO
  • MIA-LAX
  • PBI-LAX
Not quite as many as before, and prices are going up to over $10 for some items. Additionally, fresh food will be round-trip catered from the east coast (which, in the past, meant that sometimes they would run out before the return flight). Liquor returns to all flights, which is definitely welcome.

The price increase is disappointing. I don't think I would pay $14 for a cheese plate or a cold turkey sandwich (which has always been mostly bread anyway), though I also wouldn't have paid $12 for those either (the old price). I'm flying AS later this month and I pre-ordered (what a concept!) a chicken and beet salad for $9.50.

Blue Chips have also been removed from the snacks and drinks page -- I hope they are not permanently gone

-J.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:01 am

i might have asked this before, but can someone explain why a roughly 6 and a half hour flight from jfk to gye gets nothing but snacks or sodas
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by michael1023
i might have asked this before, but can someone explain why a roughly 6 and a half hour flight from jfk to gye gets nothing but snacks or sodas
They don't have catering in GYE and there is not enough demand. It is not a high-value destination.

I think they should get EatUp Cafe on that flight... but if I were taking that route I would bring my own food 100% of the time. A shelf-stable turkey sandwich doesn't make a difference for me.

-J.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by michael1023
They should have catering on JFK-GYE! EatUp Cafe was temporarily paused but will return on March 15th. If your flight was before this, there would be nothing but snacks or soda on any flight.

https://www.jetblue.com/flying-with-.../snacks-drinks
If you scroll to the bottom, there is catering onboard JFK-GYE.

*EatUp Caf is available only on flights between:
  • New York (JFK) to/from Antigua (ANU), Albuquerque (ABQ), Aruba (AUA), Aguadilla (BQN), Barbados (BGI), Burbank (BUR), Cancun (CUN), Cartagena (CTG), Denver (DEN), Grand Cayman (GCM), Grenada (GND), Guayaquil (GYE),...
michael1023 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
They don't have catering in GYE and there is not enough demand. It is not a high-value destination.

I think they should get EatUp Cafe on that flight... but if I were taking that route I would bring my own food 100% of the time. A shelf-stable turkey sandwich doesn't make a difference for me.

-J.
There is catering on flights between JFK and GYE. They may run out on GYE --> JFK since often the catering is loaded up in JFK for the roundtrip.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mbg1998
There is catering on flights between JFK and GYE. They may run out on GYE --> JFK since often the catering is loaded up in JFK for the roundtrip.
That makes more sense. It's a long flight to have nothing at all.

-J.
marathonerNYC likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by mbg1998
They should have catering on JFK-GYE! EatUp Cafe was temporarily paused but will return on March 15th. If your flight was before this, there would be nothing but snacks or soda on any flight.

https://www.jetblue.com/flying-with-.../snacks-drinks
If you scroll to the bottom, there is catering onboard JFK-GYE.

i forgot to mention, on my last flight, i was able to at least purchase a 9 dollar cheese box thing, but the eat up cafe does look somewhat more appealing..
marathonerNYC likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Inflight currently. All of the FAs are very excited for Tuesday when food returns. Liquor... they had no comment, but I am looking forward to it

-J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.