Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

I know its been discussed, but what in the heck happened to Jetblue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I know its been discussed, but what in the heck happened to Jetblue

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: JetBlue
Originally Posted by inet32
Apparently training customer "service" agents isn't one of their operating expenses.
I was unaware that actually employing customer service agents was an operating expense.
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:26 am

Easy to cancel rez on Saturday morning. Just a 25 minute wait for chat rep. Canceled due to all the noise about poor operations. Thought I’d roll the dice over at delta. Who knows.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
Yeah, it's been pretty rough lately. My most recent trip was loaded with issues.

Pilots and cabin crew remain spectacular, but it seems like Flight & Airport operations leave them in such terrible situations all the time by just being awful.

Also JetBlue, delay notifications are useless if you don't send them immediately... Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:34 am

I am so tired of this line

We're working hard to reduce this delay, so we ask that you still arrive at the airport for your original departure time.

For a five hour delay that turned into six.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
First time here flying with Jetblue. Under managed my trip, it says "incomplete passenger data". When I added my passport information and address, it says "emergency contact phone country code invalid". So, I called Jetblue and they added the emergency contact information. When I added my passport data again, same thing came up - "emergency contact phone country code invalid". So, I can't continue. This the passenger data essential? Can I travel leaving this area incomplelte? Trip is EWR- SXM (St Maarten) and back.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm actually having a positive JetBlue experience this year. While I've only flown them twice (FLL-HPN in March and JFK-RDU in June) both times I booked on them after other airlines cancelled my flights. Both my B6 flights were close to on time, in both cases I used my AA status to board early and select free Even More Space seats and service was friendly. So I appreciate that.

Also my anecdotal experience going back a few years is that B6 is often unreliable so seeing all the delays out of RDU is something I've noticed for years.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:31 pm

I don’t know if it’s just me, but every time I book EMS seats, I feel like it’s a battle to get my carry on in the overhead bin. And I mean close to me, not 5 rows behind me either
BmanCCP likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Sigh. I remember when I first discovered B6. It was a trip from JFK-FLL in January of 2002. B6 was new, and it was such a refreshing airline: while the terminal at JFK still needed a lot of work, the staff were friendly and welcoming, the seats in the flight were comfortable, the Terra Blue chips were a nice touch, the IFE was great, and the FAs were the nicest I had encountered in ages. And the price was unbeatable back then, of course.

By 2012, prices were on par (often higher) than AA and DL on my routings, with no chance of upgrades (for obvious reasons). By then, on B6, the main cabin's seats were no longer all that comfortable. If you wanted a marginally more comfortable seat, you had to pay for it (which often made tickets more expensive than AA and DL). The IRROPS issue was another thing. Customer service was not great by 2012. The FAs were still quite good. I made the switch to AA in 2012. It sounds like nothing at B6 has improved in the decade since then.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassadorless / UA 1K / National Executive Elite
mmmhmmm

Originally Posted by michael1023
I don’t know if it’s just me, but every time I book EMS seats, I feel like it’s a battle to get my carry on in the overhead bin. And I mean close to me, not 5 rows behind me either
Welcome to AA elites (All Levels) pounding the space before you.
MSYtoJFKagain likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by BmanCCP
Welcome to AA elites (All Levels) pounding the space before you.
Yeah, I noticed this as a downside on the A220/A320 especially upfront. I've been booking my usual further back EMS seats and those are still safe. For now.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Yeah, I noticed this as a downside on the A220/A320 especially upfront. I've been booking my usual further back EMS seats and those are still safe. For now.
and to boot, the FAs take up all the overheard in row 1. if i book EMS, i expect my carry on to be in the overhead near me, not 4 rows behind. makes de boarding a disaster
bruceba likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:01 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew B6 yesterday JFK-RDU on another A-320. We had a 25 minute delay due to maintenance but it was otherwise another very pleasant flight. I was the first to board as an AA Elite, got my EMS seat in the exit row, four choices of snack options and full drink service and I got to watch an hour of a movie. It was cheaper and just as pleasant as if I'd flown AA JFK-RDU. 3/3 on good B6 flights this year for me at least.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
JetBlue Announces System Operations Leadership Appointment

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- JetBlue (NASDAQ: JBLU) today announced the appointment of Steve Olson as the airline’s new vice president, system operations. He will report to Joanna Geraghty, JetBlue’s president and chief operating officer.

Alex Battaglia, who has led JetBlue’s system operations and airports teams, is retiring from JetBlue after more than 15 years with the company in a number of leadership roles, and after nearly 40 years in the airline industry.

-J.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: Free agent
Thank god.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by rylan
Its pure operational incompetence at this point. Recovery from disruptions has gotten worse and worse...
Originally Posted by danwer930
Also worth noting: out of 6 recent trips with them, 5 had something significant wrong ... I don’t even know if I can fly them again after today, until or unless they start to care about the customer experience again.
I booked ORD-JFK on TB points for Mrs. BearX220 and me for a Labor Day weekend escape. I tracked our flight number daily for two weeks and it operated hours behind schedule, sometimes 5 or 6 hours late, on the majority of the days it wasn't cancelled outright. We have Broadway tix the night of travel day, and just monitoring the daily JetBlue chaos was stressing me out. I dropped the booking and bought tickets with cash on Delta. It's saying something when I pass up a free flight, but I just have no faith in this operation anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.