Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:18 pm

I just got I think a generic email about these flight cancellations. We are doing our best etc.

did everyone get this email? Or maybe just those whose flights might/will be cancelled? Mine is sat heading back to nyc from here in Guayaquil.

(Pending my Covid test tomorrow of course)
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by michael1023
I just got I think a generic email about these flight cancellations. We are doing our best etc.

did everyone get this email? Or maybe just those whose flights might/will be cancelled? Mine is sat heading back to nyc from here in Guayaquil.

I believe it was sent out to Everyone, since it refers to flights till 1/31/22 and will include those who havent purchased yet and will
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Yes I received one. I was digging through it looking for a cancellation announcement.....
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:31 pm

If your flight hasn't been cancelled yet, you are probably fine. It's likely at least for the next few days, there will be minimal last minute cancels.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tphuang
If your flight hasn't been cancelled yet, you are probably fine. It's likely at least for the next few days, there will be minimal last minute cancels.
Im not so sure about that, if anything Id say the opposite flights weeks away have a better chance of not being CXed as those out with Covid will return to work. Now as we still havent reached the Peak of it day by day folks will be testing Positive and calling in sick resulting in more flights being CXed. Now which flights B6 puts a priority on to keep I have no idea

take JFK-SAV 1 day its the 6am thats CXed the next day its the 4pm, they arent simply CXing everyday the 6am and some days both flights went off
Old Dec 30, 2021, 6:56 pm

What a piece of sh*t airline.

i got rebooked from JFK to LGA with a connection in FLL 13 hours later.

when I try to cancel, it tells me I can’t get a refund she will get credit in my travel bank
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Im not so sure about that, if anything Id say the opposite flights weeks away have a better chance of not being CXed as those out with Covid will return to work. Now as we still havent reached the Peak of it day by day folks will be testing Positive and calling in sick resulting in more flights being CXed. Now which flights B6 puts a priority on to keep I have no idea

take JFK-SAV 1 day its the 6am thats CXed the next day its the 4pm, they arent simply CXing everyday the 6am and some days both flights went off
They have cut more flights over the next couple of days than earlier this week. They also should have more certainty on staffing numbers in the next couple of days vs 10 days from now. Today they just had a couple of more cancels after the proactive cancels. So my guess is that if you haven't been cancelled yet, you are reasonably safe.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tphuang
They have cut more flights over the next couple of days than earlier this week. They also should have more certainty on staffing numbers in the next couple of days vs 10 days from now. Today they just had a couple of more cancels after the proactive cancels. So my guess is that if you haven't been cancelled yet, you are reasonably safe.

Sorry to disagree with the above but I do, . What happens if say Mon 20 crew members call up they justgot their test results and its Positive, what if happens to an employee at an out station? I do agree that if they expect x employees to call in sick and x does or less then x does then things should workout

Update: as I expected and said up thread, a news report on CBS radio now from B6 said all the CXing they did was sue to the lack of employees and if more end up calling in sick then alot more flights will be CXed, so unless a person hasa flight with 24 hrs I wouldnt say any flight is Safe

Last edited by craz; Dec 31, 2021 at 1:37 pm
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Sorry to disagree with the above but I do, . What happens if say Mon 20 crew members call up they justgot their test results and its Positive, what if happens to an employee at an out station? I do agree that if they expect x employees to call in sick and x does or less then x does then things should workout

Update: as I expected and said up thread, a news report on CBS radio now from B6 said all the CXing they did was sue to the lack of employees and if more end up calling in sick then alot more flights will be CXed, so unless a person hasa flight with 24 hrs I wouldnt say any flight is Safe
mine is tomorrow from gye to jfk. I hope I’m ok? Fingers crossed b61270
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
my flight worked out ok today...a couple of empty seats b/w BOS to ORD
Old Jan 2, 2022, 6:40 am

mine is tomorrow from gye to jfk. I hope I’m ok? Fingers crossed b61270
thankfully my flight was only delayed about an hour. I feel lucky to have even flew, what with all the cancellations in the news 24/7

on a side note, once landed at JFK, it took about 30 minutes for a gate…but not a normal gate, we had to deplane on one of those mobile gates and take a shuttle bus in the pouring rain to customs and immigration at 12am!

not the best experience, but I feel as thought to blame more JFK then B6.

happy new year y’all

I also told my wife. I hope not to travel (unless emergency) to GYE until this test to return is long gone. The anxiety I had in the back of my head for 2 weeks was unfair for her and her family.

cheers
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
At one point recently they had three people running the entire operation.
I don't believe that. Most people in the back office working from home? Of course. Only three people in the operations center? No way. Not possible to run an airline with that few.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by telloh
I don't believe that. Most people in the back office working from home? Of course. Only three people in the operations center? No way. Not possible to run an airline with that few.
Believe it or not, that is what happened several days ago. I am obviously not in a position to officially confirm nor deny this, but it is what it is

-J.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:58 pm

They need more than three dispatchers on a shift to run an operation the size of JetBlue. Plus maintenance controllers, load planners, crew schedulers, crew travel, customer service liasons, duty staff, managers, etc. I don't understand how three people could run the airline or how the FAA would let them exercise operational control with such few staff. Sounds like a situation which would trigger a ground stop for B6 flights.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 5:17 am

I was told by someone from JetBlue that they have been hit hard, but never had anything close to just 3 people in the operations center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.