Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Compensation for Non-Reclining Seat on a Red-Eye Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2021, 4:14 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald

A friend recently took the red-eye from LAX to BOS. She paid $100 extra for an Even More Space seat. The recline mechanism did not work and the audio jack was broken. The flight attendant could not move her to another seat because the flight was full. He promised that someone would contact her within 24 to 48 hours with a voucher. After no one contacted her, she called JetBlue and was offered a $15.00 voucher, which is grossly inadequate; at the very least, they should have refunded the $100 charge for the Even More Space seat. She messaged them on Instagram and Twitter, but they stopped responding. Is there anything else that she can do short of filing a complaint with the DOT?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:49 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Complain publicly on Facebook and/or Twitter?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:12 pm

She can try the apple/android chat
https://www.jetblue.com/contact-us

or send an email via this form
https://www.jetblue.com/contact-us/share-a-concern

I’ve had success with both. Most recent complaint was a 54 (fifty four!!!) minute wait for bags at JFK and Mint/Mosaic bags were not first out on top of that!

Originally Posted by TWA884
A friend recently took the red-eye from LAX to BOS. She paid $100 extra for an Even More Space seat. The recline mechanism did not work and the audio jack was broken. The flight attendant could not move her to another seat because the flight was full. He promised that someone would contact her within 24 to 48 hours with a voucher. After no one contacted her, she called JetBlue and was offered a $15.00 voucher, which is grossly inadequate; at the very least, they should have refunded the $100 charge for the Even More Space seat. She messaged them on Instagram and Twitter, but they stopped responding. Is there anything else that she can do short of filing a complaint with the DOT?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:03 am

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats
I’ve had success with both. Most recent complaint was a 54 (fifty four!!!) minute wait for bags at JFK and Mint/Mosaic bags were not first out on top of that!
I've sent a complaint about the same issue twice in the last month. Close to 1 hr wait time for baggage at JFK. But it wasn't really the wait time, but more so that Mint/Mosaic bags were not out 1st. I'd guess that it was about 1/4 the way through before I saw any baggage with Mint/Mosaic tags. Received $25 TB credit each time.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:09 am

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
Most I ever received for broken jack and/or entertainment system not working was prob around the same or around $25 at most, as a Mosaic.

Just to be sure, your friend wasn't in an exit row EMS right? As posted above already, I'd try to send an email via the JB form. I've always received a response back fairly quickly. Can also complain if your friend received a survey after the flight.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:10 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by easy_money
Just to be sure, your friend wasn't in an exit row EMS right? As posted above already, I'd try to send an email via the JB form. I've always received a response back fairly quickly. Can also complain if your friend received a survey after the flight.
From my friend:
It was a seat meant to recline and the button was broken so it didn’t. It normally wouldn’t have bothered me so much except it was an overnight flight so I couldn’t sleep the whole night. The sound jack was also broken and hanging off the chair. It was useable but every time I moved the sound would cut out and I had to fiddle with it. At first I was nice. I waited 3 days for someone from Jet Blue to reach out because the flight attendant said they would. When nobody did, I sent an email just like hey I’m just reaching out about my broken seat since I haven’t heard from anyone. But when they offered the generous $15.00 things went sour. This was all over email and it appeared to be different people. Now they are just ignoring me.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I think if the difference between sleeping and not sleeping is 15 degrees of recline, there are bigger issues at play here. The broken sound jack sounds like a legit complaint.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats
She can try the apple/android chat
https://www.jetblue.com/contact-us

or send an email via this form
https://www.jetblue.com/contact-us/share-a-concern

isnt that more of a airport/facilities thing as opposed to a B6 thing?

for my flight yesterday, i was literally the first person to check in to JFK from GYE and our bags were like the 3rd and 4th bags out
Old Jan 2, 2022, 5:55 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by michael1023
isnt that more of a airport/facilities thing as opposed to a B6 thing
No, each airline loads/unloads their own bags with ramp service employees, or they subcontract to a separate company or another airline in some cases. The airport authority does not generally handle baggage services.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
No, each airline loads/unloads their own bags with ramp service employees, or they subcontract to a separate company or another airline in some cases. The airport authority does not generally handle baggage services.
oh ok, i wasn't sure. can i blame B6 for making our flight deplane on a mobile gate in the middle of JFK and then taking a shuttle bus to immigration in the pouring rain at 12am the other night lol,

thanks
Old Jan 3, 2022, 6:55 am

oh ok, i wasn't sure. can i blame B6 for making our flight deplane on a mobile gate in the middle of JFK and then taking a shuttle bus to immigration in the pouring rain at 12am the other night lol,

thanks
Did you clear immigration at T-4? My guess is that T-5I closed by then. And maybe they didn't have access to any jet bridge at T-4?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by tphuang
Did you clear immigration at T-4? My guess is that T-5I closed by then. And maybe they didn't have access to any jet bridge at T-4?
yeah, once we cleared immigration and used the bathrooms, i noticed we were in fact in Terminal 4. I guess that was it? I wish they still could have found a normal gate...
Old Jan 3, 2022, 7:14 am

yeah, once we cleared immigration and used the bathrooms, i noticed we were in fact in Terminal 4. I guess that was it? I wish they still could have found a normal gate...
With the current staffing crisis everywhere in the airport operations, it could be any number of things.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
I got a measly $100.00 for a broken upright Mint seat on a red eye. A $3000+ ticket to St. Lucia. They never properly sent me the code to redeem then Covid hit, so really NOTHING.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by zoegksf
I got a measly $100.00 for a broken upright Mint seat on a red eye. A $3000+ ticket to St. Lucia. They never properly sent me the code to redeem then Covid hit, so really NOTHING.
You should get more. I got $100 for a non-functional IFE that I didn't even watch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.