Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

B6 1168 PBI-HPN 17 December possible incident

Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum

Friends just landed at Westchester airport, describing a fairly harrowing landing. Apparently many pax were screaming during the approach. One of ours described the plane flying with a roll nearing 45 degrees, seeing only the water of Long Island Sound from one side and sky through the other.

The flight landed, no emergency declared (nothing said at all and the cockpit door remained closed during deplaning). Here are the route maps:

Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:00 pm

Sounds harrowing. Luckily it was a safe landing. When "nothing said at all" after arrival - not even a typical landing announcement? Or not acknowledging the turbulent descent? That seems incredibly awkward.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
According to the FlightAware track log (which is accepted as accurate in the industry), it looks like a perfectly normal approach and landing. HPN has a short runway and the plane brakes quickly; also to avoid JFK airspace they have to make a couple of tight turns. But nothing appears out of the usual and there wasn't any emergency response at HPN today.

-J.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Whenever I hear someone say that a flight was harrowing, I always ask them how the flight attendants were reacting. If they were going about normal preparation for landing, then it was likely a routine approach for that airport as GW said.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
Whenever I hear someone say that a flight was harrowing, I always ask them how the flight attendants were reacting. If they were going about normal preparation for landing, then it was likely a routine approach for that airport as GW said.
Yup, it isn't bad until you hear "heads down."
GW McLintock likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.