Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

JetBlue | TrueBlue

Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed JetBlue cabin layout plans

Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed JetBlue cabin layout plans

Old Nov 11, 21, 5:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed JetBlue cabin layout plans

Hello esteemed FlyerTalkers. I'd like to welcome you to aeroLOPA. It's a project I started over a year ago initially for my own benefit but from May this year the project transformed into its own dedicated website.

AeroLOPA's mission is to create and share detailed seat diagrams that are as easy to access and read on a mobile phone as they are on a desktop computer. What they do not do is tell you where the best seats are, rather its aim is to provide all the necessary information so you can make that decision for yourself by weighing up the variables and options available to you. For the all chit chat, questions, answers, and debate, FT is still the place

I have received several requests for JetBlue seat maps, spurred on no doubt by the recent joint business venture with American Airlines, so I set to work on this and boy, what a challenge it turned out to be. Most airlines provide at least a rudimentary seating diagram to get you started with but with B6, it was a blank canvass. But I now have a draft set I'd like to share with you here.

The creative process normally starts with a technical blueprint of each aircraft type. Factory standard galley, washroom, storage units are inserted, then the cabins are populated with seats and carefully space planned. It sounds simple, but to ensure accuracy scores of photos are scrutinised, cabin videos closely studied frame by frame allowing seat positions to be spot checked, adjusted as necessary and the diagrams fine tuned. I have now worked through the fleet but I should mention I have not been able to give the A320 Classic and A321 Classic seat plans the normal standard of scrutiny, so these will require some more work before I can sign them off as complete.

I hope the cabin layout plans will also be useful to you. The "Even More Space" seats are marked with orange accents

Enjoy and let me know what's working and any areas you think need attention.

Airbus A220-300
Configured 140M

Airbus A320 Classic
Configured 150M

Airbus A320 Restyled
Configured 162M

Airbus A321ceo Classic
Configured 200M
Seat map is in production

Airbus A321ceo Classic plus Mint
Configured 16J 143M

Airbus A321neo
Configured 200M

Airbus A321neo LD
Configured 16J 144M

Airbus A321neo LR
Configured 24J 114M

Embraer E190
Configured 100M
Old Nov 11, 21, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVPG, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rwds
This is all very cool. I like the idea a lot.

On the 32S (A321ceo with Mint) the jumpseat should be directly in line with row 18 (basically where 18D would be), not in front as it is a forward-facing jumpseat. This is different than on the 321 (A321ceo) where both jumpseats at 2R and 3R are aft-facing and along the wall.

Overall a really great idea.

-J.
AutoSlash and Prospero like this.
Old Nov 13, 21, 1:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

The seat maps are now live on the aerolopa.com website. A few corrections have been made

1. on the A220, row 4 is now shown as Even More Seats (indicated as Core in the draft posted above)
2. on the A321ceo with Mint, door 3R jump seat has been update, per GW McLintock's very kind description

The A321ceo Classic (200 seater) is still on the drawing board. If anyone has photos of this cabin and is able to share them, it would be massively appreciated
Old Nov 13, 21, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Here is the draft layout of the 200 seat A321ceo Classic. I managed to find measuring points at doors 2L/R and 3L/R plus seat rows spanning 10 to 31. Detailed positions of rows 1 to 7 and the rear lavatory arrangement are still subject to verification.

Old Nov 14, 21, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVPG, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rwds
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
Here is the draft layout of the 200 seat A321ceo Classic. I managed to find measuring points at doors 2L/R and 3L/R plus seat rows spanning 10 to 31. Detailed positions of rows 1 to 7 and the rear lavatory arrangement are still subject to verification.

Very close... there is only one lav ahead of the 4L door, and none on the other side. Opposite that lav is a galley (ahead of 4R), and aft of 4R is also the galley. There are two SpaceFlex lavs aft of 4L. Otherwise this is mostly correct. So just move the pair of lavs to the back and space out the seats a little more. Row 34 should line up with the last window.

-J.
Prospero likes this.
Old Nov 14, 21, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
Very close... there is only one lav ahead of the 4L door, and none on the other side. Opposite that lav is a galley (ahead of 4R), and aft of 4R is also the galley. There are two SpaceFlex lavs aft of 4L. Otherwise this is mostly correct. So just move the pair of lavs to the back and space out the seats a little more. Row 34 should line up with the last window.

-J.
Thank you so much. Your help is immeasurable. Here is the updated layout...

GW McLintock likes this.
Old Nov 14, 21, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you so much. Your help is immeasurable. Here is the updated layout...

As far as I can tell, this is accurate

-J.
Prospero likes this.
Old Nov 14, 21, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the A320 Restyled, not all of them have the Thales AVANT system. A small subset of the fleet has LTV4 (which includes XM radio) and the Collins Pinnacle seats. The layout is identical and there's no real way to know what you will get until you board.

The 321neo HD has an incorrect seat count -- should state 158 core seats (not 110).

This page should say "Embraer 190" instead of 175 On the E190 page itself, row 1 is Even More Space.

Otherwise you are spot on. Great website and I am sure it will be very helpful.

-J.
Prospero likes this.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Nov 14, 21 at 12:29 pm
Old Jan 26, 22, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great job Prospero on a very helpful site.

If I could make a suggestion, though it would be a lot of work for you it might be even more beneficial to somehow indicate rows with immovable armrests.

Spoiler

Not sure if you want to take on this additional workload but the thought occurred to me tonight when looking at an AS 737 seat map.

-J.
Old Jan 27, 22, 7:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, TrueBlue
I remember when I tried to access the site back in November, none of the images loaded in Chrome or FireFox.

Still no images available when I access the site.

Old Jan 27, 22, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbg1998 View Post
I remember when I tried to access the site back in November, none of the images loaded in Chrome or FireFox.

Still no images available when I access the site.
That's odd... the site works fine for me; I can access every JB aircraft page without issue.

-J.
Old Aug 12, 22, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton ♢, IHG ♢, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Pres Circ
Hello esteemed FlyerTalkers. I'd like to welcome you to aeroLOPA. It's a project I started over a year ago initially for my own benefit but from May this year the project transformed into its own dedicated website.

AeroLOPA's mission is to create and share detailed seat diagrams that are as easy to access and read on a mobile phone as they are on a desktop computer. What they do not do is tell you where the best seats are, rather its aim is to provide all the necessary information so you can make that decision for yourself by weighing up the variables and options available to you. For the all chit chat, questions, answers, and debate, FT is still the place

I have received several requests for JetBlue seat maps, spurred on no doubt by the recent joint business venture with American Airlines, so I set to work on this and boy, what a challenge it turned out to be. Most airlines provide at least a rudimentary seating diagram to get you started with but with B6, it was a blank canvass. But I now have a draft set I'd like to share with you here.

The creative process normally starts with a technical blueprint of each aircraft type. Factory standard galley, washroom, storage units are inserted, then the cabins are populated with seats and carefully space planned. It sounds simple, but to ensure accuracy scores of photos are scrutinised, cabin videos closely studied frame by frame allowing seat positions to be spot checked, adjusted as necessary and the diagrams fine tuned. I have now worked through the fleet but I should mention I have not been able to give the A320 Classic and A321 Classic seat plans the normal standard of scrutiny, so these will require some more work before I can sign them off as complete.

I hope the cabin layout plans will also be useful to you. The "Even More Space" seats are marked with orange accents

Enjoy and let me know what's working and any areas you think need attention.

Airbus A220-300
Configured 140M

Airbus A320 Classic
Configured 150M

Airbus A320 Restyled
Configured 162M

Airbus A321ceo Classic
Configured 200M
Seat map is in production

Airbus A321ceo Classic plus Mint
Configured 16J 143M

Airbus A321neo
Configured 200M

Airbus A321neo LD
Configured 16J 144M

Airbus A321neo LR
Configured 24J 114M

Embraer E190
Configured 100M
Great idea and good execution. If you can allow us to add user comments on a seat by seat basis (like Seatguru) so we can read others experiences, it'd be awesome
AutoSlash and hurnik like this.
Old Aug 12, 22, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry View Post
Great idea and good execution. If you can allow us to add user comments on a seat by seat basis (like Seatguru) so we can read others experiences, it'd be awesome
Thanks,

This is something I'd love to introduce. The site is hosted on the format.com platform which did offer an interactive feedback facility run by a third party. I tried it out and it appeared to do everything it promised. The downside though was in return for running their plug-in, it added adverts to each page - not just one or two ads but chunks of the darned things which I found too intrusive, so I decided to deactivate it.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Aug 15, 22, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton ♢, IHG ♢, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Pres Circ
Thanks,

This is something I'd love to introduce. The site is hosted on the format.com platform which did offer an interactive feedback facility run by a third party. I tried it out and it appeared to do everything it promised. The downside though was in return for running their plug-in, it added adverts to each page - not just one or two ads but chunks of the darned things which I found too intrusive, so I decided to deactivate it.
I hear you. Those that are bothered by ads have many free solutions, such as ad-blockers and the Brave browser. Those that don't care just surf as usual and ignore the ads. Of course, I haven't seen how intrusive the ads are, but if either an ad-blocker or Brave block em... might be worthy functionality to add knowing those that care can remove them easily (and free)
hurnik likes this.
Old Aug 15, 22, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry View Post
I hear you. Those that are bothered by ads have many free solutions, such as ad-blockers and the Brave browser. Those that don't care just surf as usual and ignore the ads. Of course, I haven't seen how intrusive the ads are, but if either an ad-blocker or Brave block em... might be worthy functionality to add knowing those that care can remove them easily (and free)
If it's a matter of hosting elsewhere, I'd even pay a yearly subscription to an accurate seat map with comments. But then again I may not be the typical traveler.

Search this Thread