Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Paid Preferred Core Seats (Speculation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 3:41 am
Original Poster

I wasn't able to capture a screenshot without any personal information in it, so you'll have to take my word on this.

I just purchased a JetBlue flight directly on JetBlue.com, and on the purchase confirmation screen, an asterisk (*) showed up next to my seat assignment. The explanation for the asterisk given on the page was that asterisk denotes "Paid Preferred Core Seats".

The flight I booked was on JetBlue metal, not a codeshare. I booked a standard Blue fare.

I was not charged anything extra for this seat. That said, I wonder if part of the recent website downtime was adding this functionality to their website so they can flip the switch soon to start charging for "Preferred Seats" like AA et al.
Old May 11, 2021, 4:23 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM

It's an additional revenue source, and leads to more seats to choose from for people who book close to departure. If they make these preferred seats free to Mosaics, it will slightly improve the Mosaic program too, since you're much more likely to get your favorite seat.
Old May 11, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
For Blue Basic fares, JetBlue has always had variable pricing for Core seats — e.g., on that BOS-DEN flight, an aisle at the front will cost you $15 vs $6 for a middle seat at the back. So the distinction isn't entirely new, even if the labeling is.
VFR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.