Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

No more comp upgrades to EMS for mosaics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2021, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Flew on Jet blue round trips in Feb and late March on blue basic and blue fares..got comp upgrades to EMS on all 4 flights. Just flew R/T this week and the policy has changed..No more comp upgrades to EMS, I was given the option of purchasing EMS $63 each way from New York to Tampa . This was on a regular Blue fare that is $40 more each way than a Blue basic. Not many benefits of being Mosaic anymore...No more alcohol served, Blue fares get no fee changes/cancellations. I already get free luggage with the credit card..The only benefit outside of earning extra points is Early boarding.. not very happy with the dilution of Mosaic benefits...
Old Apr 23, 2021, 8:24 pm

Was it a full flight? And how many people in your party?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 8:24 pm

What exactly happened here?

JetBlue is still advertising complementary Even More Space seats assigned at the airport as an explicit Mosaic perk on their website; they also just formalized it as an official benefit not that long ago. Thus, I’d be surprised if they pulled this perk as an actual policy change.

Did you wait until you arrived at the airport to request the Even More Space seat? Or did you just try to assign it online during seat selection during booking?

They did devalue the EMS-for-points benefit (which did suck!), but this was all the way back in October.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Spoiler

Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
It's published as a Mosaic benefit, so definitely complain
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Only me traveling on these flights, planes were not full and EMS seats available. I inquired at the check in desk and then at the gate . I used to pay with my points ( 700 each flight ) but when they raised the tariff to 2700 points last year I stopped as for 2.5 to 2.75 hr flight its just not worth it. Cash price is $63 each way NY to Florida which is ridiculous. I sent Jet Blue an Email.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by 49holding
Flew on Jet blue round trips in Feb and late March on blue basic and blue fares..got comp upgrades to EMS on all 4 flights. Just flew R/T this week and the policy has changed..No more comp upgrades to EMS, I was given the option of purchasing EMS $63 each way from New York to Tampa . This was on a regular Blue fare that is $40 more each way than a Blue basic. Not many benefits of being Mosaic anymore...No more alcohol served, Blue fares get no fee changes/cancellations. I already get free luggage with the credit card..The only benefit outside of earning extra points is Early boarding.. not very happy with the dilution of Mosaic benefits...
I was told the same thing by two different agents less than a week ago. I was given the option of purchasing an EMS seat at check-in, but refused a free upgrade. The agent at the gate, showed me a screen that only listed the paid option. When I pointed out that JetBlue's website still shows that EMS seats are a Mosaic benefit, I was told to contact the company.

Although one agent said the policy changed April 8, another Mosaic member on the same flight said that she had traveled since that date and was given EMS seats without charge at check-in.

Last edited by rny321; Apr 24, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Old Apr 25, 2021, 5:56 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rny321
I was told the same thing by two different agents less than a week ago. I was given the option of purchasing an EMS seat at check-in, but refused a free upgrade. The agent at the gate, showed me a screen that only listed the paid option. When I pointed out that JetBlue's website still shows that EMS seats are a Mosaic benefit, I was told to contact the company.

Although one agent said the policy changed April 8, another Mosaic member on the same flight said that she had traveled since that date and was given EMS seats without charge at check-in.
If this is true, I think it's my final straw with B6. I'll still fly them occasionally, but I'll stop flying them almost exclusively and certainly no longer care about obtaining Mosaic. The said thing is that many of us predicted partnering with AA would continually drop service quality & benefits at JetBlue and we seem to have been proven correct. The irony that even AA gives free EMS seating at booking to their elites and JetBlue went from charging a little (~1k points for transcon EMS) for Mosaics until the massive deval last fall made it like 6k points. And now we can't even get free EMS at the gate? That literally means customers who paid the least for the flight (Blue Basic) may actually now get upgraded to EMS when assigned seats at the gate because they're the only seats remaining is completely absurd. What happened to JetBlue? And--perhaps more importantly--why did they decide to give up on their own elite FFs and instead focus on becoming a regional feeder airline for AA?!?
hi55us likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by rny321
Did you contact corporate, and if so, what was their reply?
Old Apr 26, 2021, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by dtremit
Did you contact corporate, and if so, what was their reply?
I tried texting, but got a response that they are temporarily unavailable to respond by text. I also tried to reach JetBlue using chat, but the service didn't appear to be working. I plan to call later.

I did speak with another agent who said the stated policy still applies. Unfortunately, there were no EMS seats on that flight.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 3:22 pm

I just had a very long conversation with the Mosaic desk. The agent confirmed with her supervisor that EMS seats at the airport are still complementary. Someone from JetBlue will be explaining the policy to the agents at my departure airport, so hopefully it won't happen to others in the future.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 7:15 am
Original Poster

OP here..I called the mosaic desk and asked about this. The mosaic gal didn't know anything about it, but asked her supervisor via email..The comp upgrade is still on but she said at the discretion of each airport ? I questioned that and she backtracked that and said in the future have the agent call her supervisor .She then said what compensation can she offer me, I said I don't want anything except for Jet Blue to notify their employees that space permitting comp upgrades for Mosaic are still a benefit.. I have a message out via their web site..awaiting a reply. For the record I am barely a senior citizen, appropriately dressed and very polite and respectfull when dealing with the employees at the airport.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
It's a stated benefit on the website; I would have escalated.
  1. Mosaic members may redeem their TrueBlue points for an Even More Space seat except when a Blue Basic fare is purchased (although this is expected to be changed soon). Mosaic members may also request same-day Even More Space seats at the airport at no extra charge (first come, first served—pending availability).
Old Apr 29, 2021, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Received my email reply from Jet Blue that stated
" Although seat enhancements are available to Mosaic customers, our airport and inflight crew have full discretion if there is availability. The request may be denied based on operational need and we truly apologize for the disappointment this causes. Keep in mind, as a Mosaic member you can always use your points to purchase an EMS seat in advance . We have shared your feedback regarding Mosaic benefits with our leadership team. Mosaic benefits are currently being evaluated and we encourage you to watch for changes in the coming future"

I did mention in my email that there were plenty of EMS seats available on both flights.
Old May 1, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
49holding That's a bizarre response; they can't have an "operational need" for the seats if they offered them to you for a fee.
diburning and hi55us like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.