Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Mint flight bumped from morning to afternoon on JFK-SEA??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mint flight bumped from morning to afternoon on JFK-SEA??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by rogo
I've had to do the same.

And now have ruled out flying Mint SEA --> JFK.

I still have one booked on the return. But to say I hate the ground experience at JFK with JetBlue understates my loathing.
I mean there is no experience. T5 isn't bad but with the Airspace lounge gone, there's nowhere to go. Hate is a pretty strong word though.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:02 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
With respect to the utilization discussion earlier in this thread, I do find it interesting that at the same time JetBlue changed the JFK-LAS PM flight from the ~7pm flight, which got to Vegas in time to turn around and do a redeye, to the ~10pm flight, which sits on the ground in Vegas until the morning flight the next day (unless there's some other Mint flight departing Vegas in the very early hours that I missed). And added an EWR-LAS Mint service with the same timetable. The aircraft do need to be on the ground at some point for maintenance checks, so maybe they decided Vegas was a good place to do those, but I'm surprised that NYC-LAS has two super late westbound Mint flights and no Mint redeye options eastbound.
OhDoctor likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bgriff
With respect to the utilization discussion earlier in this thread, I do find it interesting that at the same time JetBlue changed the JFK-LAS PM flight from the ~7pm flight, which got to Vegas in time to turn around and do a redeye, to the ~10pm flight, which sits on the ground in Vegas until the morning flight the next day (unless there's some other Mint flight departing Vegas in the very early hours that I missed). And added an EWR-LAS Mint service with the same timetable. The aircraft do need to be on the ground at some point for maintenance checks, so maybe they decided Vegas was a good place to do those, but I'm surprised that NYC-LAS has two super late westbound Mint flights and no Mint redeye options eastbound.
Hm. I'm flying JFK-LAS RT in Mint and still have the 1945 departure and 0930 return confirmed on the schedule for Nov.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy, Choice Hotels, Hilton
The 1600-2000 JFK-SEA route with a red eye return was the norm prior to covid. I used to take it often when I lived in Seattle and would travel back east to visit family.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PAflyer73
The 1600-2000 JFK-SEA route with a red eye return was the norm prior to covid. I used to take it often when I lived in Seattle and would travel back east to visit family.

I was going to say could be B6 is after the SEA based folks who come into NY for a meeting and go back the same day. Rather then NY based leisure travelers. But dont know how many biz folks are flying these days anyways
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
I mean there is no experience. T5 isn't bad but with the Airspace lounge gone, there's nowhere to go. Hate is a pretty strong word though.
No, the word hate is very appropriate. I've had to check a bag the last two times I've flown Mint from JFK. No one helps. This time I couldn't get the kiosk to pull up my record. The guy starts yelling at me to "go get on the line". I explain I will miss my flight if I get on the line (long story, but I left plenty of time to get to JFK, which I have done many times, and a series of accidents made it very challenging..)... he keeps yelling at me and walks away.

Hate is the right word.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 5:52 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

No, the word hate is very appropriate. I've had to check a bag the last two times I've flown Mint from JFK. No one helps. This time I couldn't get the kiosk to pull up my record. The guy starts yelling at me to "go get on the line". I explain I will miss my flight if I get on the line (long story, but I left plenty of time to get to JFK, which I have done many times, and a series of accidents made it very challenging..)... he keeps yelling at me and walks away.

Hate is the right word.
Hmm, there is a dedicated check-in desk for Mosaics at T5 across from bag drop. Do you not use that? We've made use of that at least 20 times and there's never been more than one person ahead of us (and there are usually two agents there plus a baggage handler). They even have a little fridge with free water.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Interesting addendum: After B6 bounced us from Mint and I switched to DL on the 757 in Delta One, I got the dreaded schedule change e-mail from DL this morning and thought to myself, ugh, DL switched us to a 737, and a higher power really doesn't want me to lie flat on that flight.

But, it's the opposite -- DL is now flying the A330 on the JFK-SEA 0700, which means I'll get to try out a pseudo-Mint suite experience after all!
Buster CT1K and MSYtoJFKagain like this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Interesting addendum: After B6 bounced us from Mint and I switched to DL on the 757 in Delta One, I got the dreaded schedule change e-mail from DL this morning and thought to myself, ugh, DL switched us to a 737, and a higher power really doesn't want me to lie flat on that flight.

But, it's the opposite -- DL is now flying the A330 on the JFK-SEA 0700, which means I'll get to try out a pseudo-Mint suite experience after all!
Funny enough the same exact thing happened to me, psyched to be trying out the A330-900neo and my wife and I will be able to enjoy the Delta One suite for the first time!
OhDoctor likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hi55us
Funny enough the same exact thing happened to me, psyched to be trying out the A330-900neo and my wife and I will be able to enjoy the Delta One suite for the first time!
Feels like they're deploying their best widebody craft on domestic routes a la AA since they're un-mothballing the fleet and there's nowhere international to go. I guess B6 never really had that problem since their international offerings were so sparse to begin with.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 1:23 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Hmm, there is a dedicated check-in desk for Mosaics at T5 across from bag drop. Do you not use that? We've made use of that at least 20 times and there's never been more than one person ahead of us (and there are usually two agents there plus a baggage handler). They even have a little fridge with free water.
I was given no indication such a thing existed.

And if there's a sign for it, it's surely not prominent.

I should add I am not a Mosaic and as long as I live in SEA never realistically would be.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 5:04 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

I was given no indication such a thing existed.

And if there's a sign for it, it's surely not prominent.

I should add I am not a Mosaic and as long as I live in SEA never realistically would be.
That check-in area is for both Mosaics and Mint customers. You can see what it looks like here.

Please think of AutoSlash next time you're flying out of JFK on JetBlue and your life (or at least your check-in) is a breeze.
rogo and Cat88L3 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 1:06 pm

Feels like they're deploying their best widebody craft on domestic routes a la AA since they're un-mothballing the fleet and there's nowhere international to go. I guess B6 never really had that problem since their international offerings were so sparse to begin with.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but they just killed the A330-900neo this weekend again, switching it back to their worst D1 product the 757.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hi55us
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but they just killed the A330-900neo this weekend again, switching it back to their worst D1 product the 757.
Yeah what the hell? We're on the 757 now too, which means you can't even have direct aisle access without climbing over a stranger from the window side. They're going to swap out planes every two weeks on the route now? What gives?
Old Apr 26, 2021, 4:27 pm

Yeah what the hell? We're on the 757 now too, which means you can't even have direct aisle access without climbing over a stranger from the window side. They're going to swap out planes every two weeks on the route now? What gives?
Yeah I know, they're tugging at our heart strings. I hope they sub the A330 or A350 between now and my trip in late June, but I'm not optimistic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.