Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Can't use travel bank fuds for pet fee?

Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:59 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash
Original Poster

Does anyone know why you can't apply your travel bank balance to Jet With Your Pet fees? It would only let me apply it to the $5.XX in taxes on a points booking which I found really annoying as I was hoping for the pet fee to almost zero out my travel bank balance.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Does anyone know why you can't apply your travel bank balance to Jet With Your Pet fees? It would only let me apply it to the $5.XX in taxes on a points booking which I found really annoying as I was hoping for the pet fee to almost zero out my travel bank balance.
I'm not sure why, but I feel I recall reading somewhere on the Jetblue site that TB can't be used for pet fees
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I'm not sure why, but I feel I recall reading somewhere on the Jetblue site that TB can't be used for pet fees
It could have been the JetBlue website:

"Using Travel Bank credits
JetBlue travel credits may be used toward JetBlue airfare and taxes, the air portion of a JetBlue Vacations package, change or cancellation fees and any applicable increase in airfare for changes."
Source: https://www.jetblue.com/help/travel-bank-credits
AutoSlash and Cat88L3 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
It could have been the JetBlue website:

"Using Travel Bank credits
JetBlue travel credits may be used toward JetBlue airfare and taxes, the air portion of a JetBlue Vacations package, change or cancellation fees and any applicable increase in airfare for changes."
Source: https://www.jetblue.com/help/travel-bank-credits
Yup! Here's the copy and paste from Jetblue

Items ineligible for purchase with Travel Bank creditTravel credits cannot be used to pay for any of the following:
  • Change or cancellation fees for reservations booked with TrueBlue points
  • Same-day change fees
  • Ancillary fees
    • Even More Speed
    • Even More Space seats
    • Baggage fees
    • Pet fees
    • Unaccompanied minor fees
  • ShopBlue merchandise
  • Inflight purchases
  • Past-flown flights
  • Partner airline flights

There was so many drop down clicks, but I knew that I read it somewhere!
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 6:12 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
I think the real reason is that it lives in Sabre in a record tied to a PNR and Sabre doesn't have the flexibility to apply it to anything that isn't a fare or a tax. The things that are excluded are accounted for via different mechanisms.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:59 am

hello, I’m just looking for an answer to this question, thanks to everyone who helped me solve this problem, I’m just flying with problems for the first time and I’m really shocked by how many nuances there are))

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.