Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Drops Change Fees Permanently; No New Perks for Mosaic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Drops Change Fees Permanently; No New Perks for Mosaic

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Mosaic AA Lounge Access at JFK would be a big standout perk for MINT fares. Mosaics can use the Flagship and J (Mint) can use the Admirals would be the way to do it without swamping either lounge. But the piece of having B6 out of T8 is still highly unlikely, an Airside Bus would be a nice feature for AA-B6 connecting customers regardless of cabin similar to the *A bus at EWR.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 6:08 pm

Programs: Free agent
B6 will never leave T5. There will be a B6 lounge whenever T6 gets off the ground and built.

I'd be surprised to see Mosaic get any lounge access in T8,
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:25 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I'd be surprised to see Mosaic get any lounge access in T8,
I'd be surprised as well, considering how B6 has no reciprocal lounge access to offer AA elites/club members.
bgasser and MSYtoJFKagain like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:35 am

I flew to Florida early Feb on a basic fare and asked at the check in counter and got a free upgrade to EMS.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 6:06 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by 49holding
I flew to Florida early Feb on a basic fare and asked at the check in counter and got a free upgrade to EMS.
Are you Mosaic?
Old Mar 24, 2021, 5:13 pm

yes , I am mosaic
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:45 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by 49holding
yes , I am mosaic
you understand why I asked, I hope
Old Mar 27, 2021, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
The big move today is JetBlue doing away with the free carry-on bag with their basic economy fare. That's horrible for a lot of people, myself included. It makes JetBlue fares non-competitive to me in most situations.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think AA is now the most customer friendly airline in America. You can buy just about any ticket and not regret it.

I have flown with Jetblue quite a bit. I also fly internationally from Cancun to the US and vice versa many times and when I did this, I felt like Jetblue was the best and most comfortable. Back then they gave you one free checked luggage and that stopped. But the last time few years ago I flown with them, it was fine. But you are saying the basic fare you pay right now on the website... does not include a carry on? When did this happen? That is ridiculous because all the main airlines like them, Delta and American Airlines never charge a fee for that. It was always you pay x amount of a checked bag... and you get carry on for free and personal item... which for me is a fanny pack. So i have a large messenger bag which has my laptop and lot of electronics and also a fanny pack.

I am going to fly back to the US from Cancun in April and started checking price and I always book whichever airline has the lowest price and it would always been Jetblue, Delta or American. But now you are saying, I have to pay for at least Jetblue Blue or something? I do recall whenever I book a flight with Jetblue, i chosed that second option where you pay an additional amount for the check luggage which was 30 dollars or so. So im confused here. So you are saying if i have a carry on, I have to pay extra or not?

Also speaking of bag fees, i just noticed Jetblue charges 35 dollars for checked bag. Wasn't it always 30 dollars? When did that change? Delta and American Airlines charges 30 dollars.

Also does one need to worry about having overhead bin space? I never had an issue once with this and I always paid for the economy seat or whatever was the lowest amount for a seat with Jetblue that include a checked luggage. I do same with Delta and American Airlines.

So can someone explain this? Assuming flights are same price with American or Delta, would you say go with them as oppose to Jetblue? I do know Jetblue charges an extra 5 dollars for checked bag compared to American or Delta.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by jerry90210
I have flown with Jetblue quite a bit. I also fly internationally from Cancun to the US and vice versa many times and when I did this, I felt like Jetblue was the best and most comfortable. Back then they gave you one free checked luggage and that stopped. But the last time few years ago I flown with them, it was fine. But you are saying the basic fare you pay right now on the website... does not include a carry on? When did this happen? That is ridiculous because all the main airlines like them, Delta and American Airlines never charge a fee for that. It was always you pay x amount of a checked bag... and you get carry on for free and personal item... which for me is a fanny pack. So i have a large messenger bag which has my laptop and lot of electronics and also a fanny pack.

I am going to fly back to the US from Cancun in April and started checking price and I always book whichever airline has the lowest price and it would always been Jetblue, Delta or American. But now you are saying, I have to pay for at least Jetblue Blue or something? I do recall whenever I book a flight with Jetblue, i chosed that second option where you pay an additional amount for the check luggage which was 30 dollars or so. So im confused here. So you are saying if i have a carry on, I have to pay extra or not?

Also speaking of bag fees, i just noticed Jetblue charges 35 dollars for checked bag. Wasn't it always 30 dollars? When did that change? Delta and American Airlines charges 30 dollars.

Also does one need to worry about having overhead bin space? I never had an issue once with this and I always paid for the economy seat or whatever was the lowest amount for a seat with Jetblue that include a checked luggage. I do same with Delta and American Airlines.

So can someone explain this? Assuming flights are same price with American or Delta, would you say go with them as oppose to Jetblue? I do know Jetblue charges an extra 5 dollars for checked bag compared to American or Delta.
Starting in July 2021 (most) pax on a basic fare will not be entitled to an included overhead bag; one under your seat only. Jet Blue is $30 for a checked bag paid online more than a day before departure. $35 "last minute" (airport).

I'd think a fanny pack is like an overcoat "at seat" during the flight?
Old Mar 27, 2021, 5:33 pm

So if i book a flight by end of March for travel in April, there is no new fees or anything like that? I would be doing jetblue Blue which includes a checked bag. But i thought checked bag was $35 online as oppose to $30.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by jerry90210
So if i book a flight by end of March for travel in April, there is no new fees or anything like that? I would be doing jetblue Blue which includes a checked bag. But i thought checked bag was $35 online as oppose to $30.
As far as I see after double-checking, it's $30 up to 24 hours before departure, then $35 kicks in (including online fee).

Everything is the same until July regarding overhead bags. That's when they'll start "penalizing" basic fare passengers specifically.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 11:55 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
April 1 announcement on the website:
No change or cancel fees starting 6/1/21 for most fares.
All fares booked through 5/31/21 will still enjoy no change or cancel fees. After that, changing plans will still be easy, with:
  • No change or cancellation fees for Blue, Blue Plus and Mint fares on all routes (fare difference applies). Same-day confirmed switches can be made for $75, without paying a fare difference.
  • No change or cancellation fees (fare difference applies), and free same-day confirmed switches, for Blue Extra fares.
  • Blue Basic fares can be changed or cancelled for a $100 fee for travel within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico or Central America, or $200 for all other routes. Same-day confirmed switches can be made for a $75 fee (no fee for Mosaic members), without paying a fare difference.
Does this include free redeposit for points redemption reservations booked in Blue class? The fare rules I pulled up don't mention anything about points or redeposit.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:33 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by nsx
April 1 announcement on the website:

Does this include free redeposit for points redemption reservations booked in Blue class? The fare rules I pulled up don't mention anything about points or redeposit.
Yes, that is correct.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If there are no change fees (but fare difference applies), but same day confirmed changes are $75, do I get to choose which option I want? If I want to change my flight on the same day and in the very unlikely chance that the fare difference is less than $75, could I choose to pay the fare difference instead?
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:51 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by diburning
If there are no change fees (but fare difference applies), but same day confirmed changes are $75, do I get to choose which option I want? If I want to change my flight on the same day and in the very unlikely chance that the fare difference is less than $75, could I choose to pay the fare difference instead?
We would think so because you can always just cancel for a travel bank credit and then re-book, which is effectively is the equivalent of paying the fare difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.