Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Drops Change Fees Permanently; No New Perks for Mosaic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Drops Change Fees Permanently; No New Perks for Mosaic

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2021, 7:36 pm

If someone with a basic ticket has a window seat, then that person has to inconvenience the aisle and middle seat people to get up for the window seat person to get into their seat. That’ll probably slow down loading. Probably wouldn’t be as bad if JetBlue kept middle seats open like Delta, one less person to wait for.

Originally Posted by bgasser
No reason B6 can not board Blue Basic last, like they currently do with Mosaic and Mint first. I wonder if downgrading the Blue Basic fare is to better align it with the basic economy AA tickets.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats
If someone with a basic ticket has a window seat, then that person has to inconvenience the aisle and middle seat people to get up for the window seat person to get into their seat. That’ll probably slow down loading. Probably wouldn’t be as bad if JetBlue kept middle seats open like Delta, one less person to wait for.

My last couple of trips with B6 had almost every seat filled. If they would go back to no middle seats Id expect the fare to go up. My last flight(last week) when we landed the Idiot head FA made an announcement that we will be deboarding 5 rows at a time due to social distancing. When I got to the front I told her if she was serious abuot SD then it should be no middle seats filled and every other row should be empty, otherwise all she did was waste everyones time and accomplished Nothing
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by craz
My last couple of trips with B6 had almost every seat filled. If they would go back to no middle seats Id expect the fare to go up. My last flight(last week) when we landed the Idiot head FA made an announcement that we will be deboarding 5 rows at a time due to social distancing. When I got to the front I told her if she was serious abuot SD then it should be no middle seats filled and every other row should be empty, otherwise all she did was waste everyones time and accomplished Nothing
Congratulations, I'm sure your butthurt complaints to a flight attendant helped force a change in corporate sales policy over which she has zero control.
dw, JAX2BOS, BlaiseBOS and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 7:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by m907
Congratulations, I'm sure your butthurt complaints to a flight attendant helped force a change in corporate sales policy over which she has zero control.

didnt expect to change any policy, since my previous flights didnt do it, so I doubt its a B6 policy, more likely the Idiot FAs
Old Feb 19, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by bgasser
No reason B6 can not board Blue Basic last, like they currently do with Mosaic and Mint first.
That's exactly what they're going to do, according to the chart posted by AutoSlash upthread. Mint and Blue Extra get "Early" Boarding, Blue Basic gets "Final" Boarding.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 6:17 am

So given the no change fees, could you just keep rebooking an existing flight indefinitely and then you would never be locked into getting the Travel Credit which then expires in a year (from the cancellation date, if I'm not mistaken)?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: Free agent
You would have to pay any fare difference but otherwise yes.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by amejr999
Almost an exact copy of UA.
Not at all. UA allows elites and credit cardholders a free carry-on and checked bag on basic fares.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 11:14 am
Original Poster

JetBlue also allows elite members a carry on bag on BlueBasic fares.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by RememberTheConcord
JetBlue also allows elite members a carry on bag on BlueBasic fares.
So if I'm Mosaic, I get a carryon for Basic, and 2 free checked bags, and free same day change fee can I start just booking blue basic now? I avoided doing this in the past for seat selection purposes but looks like there is no reason not to book blue basic as a mosaic now? maybe I would requalify for mosaic slower? but one qualified no reason not to.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Yes, Mosaics continue to get Carry-Ons, early boarding, and free checked bags with Blue Basic. The main downside of a Blue Basic fare for Mosaics are the much slower Mosaic qualification (1 base point rather than 3 base points). The other potential downside is I'm not sure that you'll qualify for Even More Space seats at the counter; I bet we'll probably need to wait for data points on that.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 10:32 am

Do JetBlue Plus credit card holders who buy BB fare get free carry-on? I think the free checked bag is still valid. Thanks.

Edit: just spoke to JetBlue. The agent (after speaking to a supervisor) said that credit card holder won't be getting a free carry-on. The bags have to be checked in.

Last edited by asdfghjk; Feb 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Old Mar 1, 2021, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Do JetBlue Plus credit card holders who buy BB fare get free carry-on? I think the free checked bag is still valid. Thanks.

Edit: just spoke to JetBlue. The agent (after speaking to a supervisor) said that credit card holder won't be getting a free carry-on. The bags have to be checked in.
This seems consistent with their pre-COVID trials of offering the option of checking a bag at the gate for free (or at reduced cost).
Old Mar 2, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
didnt expect to change any policy, since my previous flights didnt do it, so I doubt its a B6 policy, more likely the Idiot FAs
Please be mindful she may not be an "idiot" as you so called her. FAs are required to still make the announcement at certain loads. FAs are not the ones who decide the announcements unless a situation necessitates.
AutoSlash and Cat88L3 like this.

Last edited by JAX2BOS; Mar 2, 2021 at 11:41 am Reason: Added second insulting comment
Old Mar 3, 2021, 6:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
didnt expect to change any policy, since my previous flights didn't do it, so I doubt its a B6 policy, more likely the Idiot FAs
Wow, the entitlement and privilege of your statement. I just had 4 B6 flights in the past 2 months (BOS and PUJ). The FAs made the same announcement on all 4 flights. It's humorous how you think that the FA was out to get you, lol...Really bullying the poor FA, eh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.