Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Cancelled March flight without telling me - options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,

I’ve booked San Diego to Newark in Mint for a price of $360 one way...

I only booked a few days ago but I noticed already the flight has been cancelled!

JetBlue haven’t even bothered to email to let me know and it was only by chance I found out.

What are my options?

Currently they’ve booked me on the same flight one day earlier but I would rather go a few days later than earlier....

Suggestions?
Old Feb 1, 2021, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Call them.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 2:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I suspect they would have told you in due course.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:42 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Your options are:

1. Get a full refund

2. Get re-booked on any other flight the same day for no additional charge. Note that this includes flying into JFK as well as EWR. In some cases, they may also even let you fly the prior day or the next day if that works better for you.

Note that typically it can take a few days to reach out to you proactively. It's just the way it works with them.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 4:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Your options are:

1. Get a full refund

2. Get re-booked on any other flight the same day for no additional charge. Note that this includes flying into JFK as well as EWR. In some cases, they may also even let you fly the prior day or the next day if that works better for you.

Note that typically it can take a few days to reach out to you proactively. It's just the way it works with them.
2. .....any other JetBlue flight.....
Old Feb 1, 2021, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Before calling, decide what it is that you want and have the specific flight numbers handy. It does not matter whether B6 notified you or not. Either way, B6 will rebook or refund on the same terms.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: JB,VA,UA,,USA,DL,AA
It's happened to me 2x in the last 5 months with no notification. All my flights were in Mint which I paid around $1100.00 r.t. each trip. Not only did they not notify me but just put me on a later flight which was not Mint and kept all that money. Not until I found out about the change through a friend that I cancelled the flights they stuck me on did I get a travel credit. Not once but twice. What kind of racket are they running over there. It seems they are really cutting down on Mint flights from JFK to LAS leaving only the night flight.

I have another trip booked so I guess I better get to stepping and check to see if they moved me to another flight again with notification.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:26 am
Suspended

Anything more than 10-15 days out is purely notional scheduling these days. Important to regularly check your itineraries.

Auto rebooking is just that. Makes certain that you have something booked. If you don't like it, cancel for a refund or ask for something else. If MINT is not available, but you do want to fly, B6 will refund the fare difference.

Not particularly different than scheduling on any carrier during the pandemic.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Call them and sit on hold for two hours. Good luck.

-J.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 10:10 am

I think tweet them will always get you the fastest response.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Some good advice - thanks. I have left it as is for now going a day earlier than planned and will keep checking up until a few days before.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I would NOT wait until a few days before. Contact them now and get the flight you want. If another change happens, contact them again.
MSPeconomist and Cat88L3 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 9:26 pm

Yeah, I’ve been watching Mint flights to LAS from EWR, JFK, and BOS. EWR seems to be getting the most cuts, no Mint flights to LAS March 6-April 6! JFK has no non-stop Mint flights to LAS March 2-24! And BOS has no Mint flights Tuesdays and Saturdays to LAS in March.

Probably doesn’t help that Vegas caters to stimulus check spenders now, so business is slumping.

Originally Posted by VEGAS1
It seems they are really cutting down on Mint flights from JFK to LAS leaving only the night flight.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 9:11 am

While it's conceivable they forgot to notify you, the more likely scenario is that they haven't gotten to your flight in the queue.

In order to avoid overwhelming the call center/website, schedule change notifications are sent in batches. The soonest flights will get notified first. All passengers on the same flight will be notified at the same time. In theory, that means everyone affected will have roughly the same inventory with which to reschedule.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 10:33 am
Suspended

Or not. This is why it pays to keep an eye online. When everyone on your flight is notified and they all start calling in, better options can disappear fast. If you spot your change / cancellation before the rest are notified, you are early in the process and may have more options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.