Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Newark Terminal A: How is it during the construction of T1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage

I've heard stuff about the use of temporary bathrooms and there not being that much extra room to socially distance. I've been to Terminal A a bunch of times specifically A1 where B6 is located and I know that it was kinda tight Pre-Covid. Now that its a health thing and not just an annoyance, I'm more concerned. Has anyone flown B6 from EWR lately?
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:20 pm

I have been there 6a-7:30a a couple of times in November and December. PreCheck line is barely open and the morons they let thru act like they’ve never flown before.

Once past security, the only food stands are open in the middle, so a lot of people stand close together on line to order, get their food, and pay.

Restrooms are open and cleaned regularly though.

Flying back in, Mint bags are quick to arrive at baggage claim.

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
I've heard stuff about the use of temporary bathrooms and there not being that much extra room to socially distance. I've been to Terminal A a bunch of times specifically A1 where B6 is located and I know that it was kinda tight Pre-Covid. Now that its a health thing and not just an annoyance, I'm more concerned. Has anyone flown B6 from EWR lately?
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:16 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
[QUOTE=Jerseyguy;32920280] there not being that much extra room to socially distance.

With fewer AC flights/using E175's I've found there's lots of room. Try sitting by A10/11.

Last edited by notthatdeadyet; Dec 29, 2020 at 4:29 am Reason: typos
Old Dec 29, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Has anyone flown B6 from EWR lately?
Terminal A is just as unpleasant as usual.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
At certain hours the TSA wouldn't hesitate to have a single lane open ( general screening, priority, TSA Pre -> all in the same lane ) so social distancing might not be maintained during security with longer waits than pre-COVID, plus nothing much to do post-security.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:47 pm

They really can't move to T-1 quick enough.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by tphuang
They won’t be ready sometime in 2022 or early 2023. Hopefully if they completed construction. Still have a lots things to do.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
From mid-December:

N830MH likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:12 am

I believe the main pier in T-1 is opening up in early 2022 and that's when JetBlue will move in. I expect a lot of EWR route announcements leading up to that.
N830MH likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Yep, its why my preferred airport is PHL. I've flown out of there a couple of times when WN had great deals of $79-99OW from EWR to AUS (also for the nonstop on WN) to visit family. Also am leaning towards UA for my AUS flight in March for $157RT I want to support B6 which is keeping prices down, I even was going to fly out on UA and back on B6 but the return on B6 costs too much for the day I need. I'm disappointed T1 is delayed but its definitely understandable.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:43 am

Yep, its why my preferred airport is PHL. I've flown out of there a couple of times when WN had great deals of $79-99OW from EWR to AUS (also for the nonstop on WN) to visit family. Also am leaning towards UA for my AUS flight in March for $157RT I want to support B6 which is keeping prices down, I even was going to fly out on UA and back on B6 but the return on B6 costs too much for the day I need. I'm disappointed T1 is delayed but its definitely understandable.
Why not wait? The prices are going to come down. The Y fares are below $50 O/W for these type of markets due to NK presence.

I think when T-1 opens, it's going to be quite the game changer. A much nicer terminal experience and modern pick up/drop off design.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I believe the main pier in T-1 is opening up in early 2022 and that's when JetBlue will move in. I expect a lot of EWR route announcements leading up to that.
I'm sure you will hear it in January or so. There's no doubt.

I expect to hear from JetBlue big announcements in January or February. You won't know for sure.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

I've decided to go with UA from Newark, the $126RT fare is too good to pass up. Any good safe parking lots off airport that people have used recently?
N830MH likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Any good safe parking lots off airport that people have used recently?
Depends. How many pieces of your vehicle would you like to still be there when you return?
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 8:03 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've decided to go with UA from Newark, the $126RT fare is too good to pass up. Any good safe parking lots off airport that people have used recently?
Jiffy Park and Parking Spot Haynes are my go to's at EWR these days. Both are self park and have frequent shuttles even now.

Other ideas based on your indicated location parking at the Princeton Junction train station is only 6.50 a day (max of 14 days) and from there you can take the train to EWR.

Much easier to get a spot in the lot there these days obviously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.