Wiki Posts
Search

New Mint Service Launches 11/18

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2020, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
New Mint Service Launches 11/18

http://blueir.investproductions.com/...2020-143019982

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblue-mint-refresh/

New menus, amenity kits, headsets, lots of stuff changing. Some better, some worse. The Signature RefreshMint is gone, and international wines are in. Flexible dining times is finally a thing. The amenity kit looks awful.

This is all supposed to change over tomorrow. I would give them at least a week to get everything together. This is part of the enhanced service that we'll see on flights to London and Stansted.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Nov 17, 2020 at 8:38 am
Old Nov 17, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
New menus, amenity kits, headsets, lots of stuff changing. Some better, some worse. The Signature RefreshMint is gone, and international wines are in. Flexible dining times is finally a thing. The amenity kit looks awful.

This is all supposed to change over tomorrow. I would give them at least a week to get everything together. This is part of the enhanced service that we'll see on flights to London and Stansted.

-J.
I agree that the amenity kits look pretty cheezy and like something you'd be given in Y on VS.

I will be interested to see what the food actually looks like in real life and if it's up to the same quality level as before. I'm not sure if it's a typo or what, but it looks like the full eastbound menu now runs until midnight with the shut-eye menu also being offered from 8pm? Do we think this is accurate or just a mistake on the website? If so, this would be a nice upgrade as I was never really into the shut-eye menus.

Also, nice to see a true champagne on the menu now.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by cmd320
I agree that the amenity kits look pretty cheezy and like something you'd be given in Y on VS.

I will be interested to see what the food actually looks like in real life and if it's up to the same quality level as before. I'm not sure if it's a typo or what, but it looks like the full eastbound menu now runs until midnight with the shut-eye menu also being offered from 8pm? Do we think this is accurate or just a mistake on the website? If so, this would be a nice upgrade as I was never really into the shut-eye menus.

Also, nice to see a true champagne on the menu now.
That's a typo that's been there for a couple of months now. It has been brought to JetBlue's attention on Twitter and other channels, but they still haven't fixed it.

I expect the food to be about the same, maybe a small step back up to the quality we saw when it was still Saxon + Parole. It looks like Milk Bar is also out. Memories of Mah-Ze-Dahr

-J.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:47 am

I'm going to miss the useful bags the amenity kits came in ... I use them to organize a ton of things in my carryon or purse. It will be interesting to see the changes on our return home in January.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 11:54 am

They really need to get new marketing people. They tease people on social media with talks of new destination and then announce the new destination is actually just new mint service.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I'm going to miss the eyeglass cloths!
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:43 pm

Overall looks like a downgrade to me.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Overall looks like a downgrade to me.
I think the food will be an improvement. The bedding is supposed to be much nicer.

The headsets can go either way, though it shouldn't be difficult to improve upon Grado Labs. But leave it to JetBlue to go the other way.

The beverage service sounds great but in my mind it will always be a downgrade since dropping Grey Goose.

The amenity kits are a downgrade. The post-shuteye service is a major downgrade. The parting gift is a downgrade and the appetizers (nuts) are still a downgrade from what they used to be.

Currently, they can get away with all of this, as they'll still have the best premium transcon product. But when things pick back up I wouldn't be surprised if there were more changes (in fact I hope there will be).

-J.
Carfield likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The headsets can go either way, though it shouldn't be difficult to improve upon Grado Labs. But leave it to JetBlue to go the other way.
I feel like the headphones have to be an upgrade. The current ones are pretty terrible IMO.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 9:10 am

I think the food will be an improvement. The bedding is supposed to be much nicer.

The beverage service sounds great but in my mind it will always be a downgrade since dropping Grey Goose.

The amenity kits are a downgrade. The post-shuteye service is a major downgrade. The parting gift is a downgrade and the appetizers (nuts) are still a downgrade from what they used to be.

Currently, they can get away with all of this, as they'll still have the best premium transcon product. But when things pick back up I wouldn't be surprised if there were more changes (in fact I hope there will be).

-J.
so you are saying for stuff that people really care about (eating, drinking and sleeping), it's an upgrade. I think Flexible dining time is probably the biggest upgrade for what I can see.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Just boarded but so far the amenity kit is nicer than expected. The pillow and blanket are are nicer. The menus look good as well though they are too big to fit in the little pocket. They also have a card with a QR code you can scan to find out more about the product so the flight attendant does not have to explain everything.

cmd320 and TastyPlaneEats like this.

Last edited by sfozrhfco; Nov 21, 2020 at 3:12 pm
Old Nov 21, 2020, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing how the full experience is.
sfozrhfco likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 3:03 pm

New cups and a more professional food presentation as well. Everything has been good so far.

cmd320 and TastyPlaneEats like this.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 3:18 pm

Never tried the old headphones but the new ones are padded and have very good sound quality.

TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 8:04 pm

Impressed so many people are able to enjoy the Mint product. My budget only lets me fly in the back of the cabin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.