Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

A220 launch date + anticipated routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2020, 5:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador

Does anyone know when the A220 is expected to start flying, other than "early 2021"? And what routes do we expect to see it fly? I dont see anything loaded into the schedules.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
The first one is still sitting in BFM. I would be surprised if they were actually able to achieve EOS in Q1 2021 as there is still quite a lot to be done. After it is delivered they will need to install LTV and Wi-Fi.

-J.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
The first one is still sitting in BFM. I would be surprised if they were actually able to achieve EOS in Q1 2021 as there is still quite a lot to be done. After it is delivered they will need to install LTV and Wi-Fi.

-J.
Can't wait to try these; they will feature a great 2x3 configuration.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
Indeed. I've flown the Delta version only in F and I was not a fan of the F seats Delta used on this aircraft. I'd imagine the B6 Y seats will probably be better to be honest.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by fly747first
Apparently I'm the only person NOT excited for this plane to replace the E190. I get that it's supposed to be spacious, but it's adding a MIDDLE SEAT! The plane it's replacing is 2x2 and the A220 will have 40% more seats, so say goodbye to 15 minute boarding & deplaning.
GW McLintock and jamesinclair like this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: Free agent
I'm excited for them. The DL version was terrific and had seats as wide as anything B6 has to offer. The E190 is extremely dated on the inside and has accounted for most of my non-weather delays flying B6. The extended range will be great as well.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by moulder3
Apparently I'm the only person NOT excited for this plane to replace the E190. I get that it's supposed to be spacious, but it's adding a MIDDLE SEAT! The plane it's replacing is 2x2 and the A220 will have 40% more seats, so say goodbye to 15 minute boarding & deplaning.
Just select a 2x seat near the front?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.