Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

LAS-JFK, upgrade from Extra seat to MINT.

Old Jul 19, 20, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, SPG

Talking about it, wondering if its worth it at $800 a seat? For social distance purposes?

Is that the usual price for this seat?

Last edited by the phoenix; Jul 19, 20 at 12:08 pm
Old Jul 19, 20, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
For social distancing, no. If you are on a plane you are at risk, no matter where you sit. If you're worried about that, just stay home

If you can afford it and prefer the premium experience, then... maybe. LAS-JFK is one of the shortest Mint routes, so you'll have the least amount of time to enjoy it. That said, they have partially resumed meal service so at least you'll get a good meal, especially considering there isn't really anyplace good in the terminal in LAS.

$800 is somewhat normal. Tickets originally started at $499.

-J.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 20, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
For social distancing, no. If you are on a plane you are at risk, no matter where you sit. If you're worried about that, just stay home

If you can afford it and prefer the premium experience, then... maybe. LAS-JFK is one of the shortest Mint routes, so you'll have the least amount of time to enjoy it. That said, they have partially resumed meal service so at least you'll get a good meal, especially considering there isn't really anyplace good in the terminal in LAS.

$800 is somewhat normal. Tickets originally started at $499.

-J.
Thanks. I thought the LAS-JFK was a relatively longer MINT flight as opposed to the Caribbean, on par with JFK-LAX. OK so I doubt Ill see a number south of $800.

Flying is relatively low risk just looking at a way to justify MINT
Old Jul 19, 20, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Originally Posted by the phoenix View Post
Thanks. I thought the LAS-JFK was a relatively longer MINT flight as opposed to the Caribbean, on par with JFK-LAX. OK so I doubt Ill see a number south of $800.

Flying is relatively low risk just looking at a way to justify MINT
LAS-JFK is sometimes shorter than 5 hours. The shortest Caribbean Mint flight I believe is SXM which is 4 and change each way. I guess it is equivalent, but if you have a strong tailwind (i.e., in the winter) then LAS-JFK can be very quick.

Personally I would not spend $800 for it, especially if your motive is social distancing. They already keep middle seats open in coach and you can bring good food with you for well under 5% of that fare. For less than 5 hours, it's barely even enough time to lay down.

-J.
Old Jul 19, 20, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your opinion. Means a lot. I held off, prices have since went up as it looks like 4 others purchased those fares within the last few hours.

Id like to fly MINT once, this may not be the right time. Already have MORE ROOM seats so we're all good. Thank you sir!
Old Jul 22, 20, 4:55 pm

Getting a few hours of shut eye when you partied all night before the flight helps! LOL

Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
For less than 5 hours, it's barely even enough time to lay down.

-J.
Old Jul 22, 20, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by leonger View Post
Getting a few hours of shut eye when you partied all night before the flight helps! LOL
That's very true The meal doesn't hurt either.

-J.
Old Jul 24, 20, 10:33 am

Programs: JB,VA,UA,,USA,DL,AA
I used to do Mint both ways. The JFK-LAS was almost always a bit more expensive. I usually paid $499 - $ 599 for the LAS-JFK route. For that price it was worth it. Now it's $1500 and definetely not worth it.
Old Jul 24, 20, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Thx Vegas1. At $811, I was on the fence. But with seat blocks, no real rush.
Old Jul 27, 20, 3:57 am

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by VEGAS1 View Post
I used to do Mint both ways. The JFK-LAS was almost always a bit more expensive. I usually paid $499 - $ 599 for the LAS-JFK route. For that price it was worth it. Now it's $1500 and definetely not worth it.
Definitely not worth it when jetBlue has even sold $310 one-way Mint tickets JFK SEA this summer.
Old Jul 27, 20, 11:49 am

I have been watching fares for oct-dec, and the lowest Iíve seen so far is $811. It was $499-$699 on the low end for the same dates last year.

Originally Posted by VEGAS1 View Post

Search this Thread
Search Engine: