LGA Marine Air Terminal

Old Jul 18, 20, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD, AC
LGA Marine Air Terminal

I was bored this evening so took a walk over to LGA and checked out the Marine Air Terminal. I hadn't realized (or forgot) that B6 stopped flying to LGA. It was so eerie to see the building sitting there empty. Such a gorgeous renovation, though.

Sigh... what a world we live in.
Old Jul 19, 20, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
It really is a nice terminal. Even if the only food outlet is ridiculously overpriced.* The atrium is gorgeous and I believe the building is landmarked.

*In the mornings, you could get a bagel with any type of spread for the same price... including lox spread. It might be the deal of the century!

I just wish the Q70 stopped there. Because it did not, it was very inconvenient for me to go there unless I took a taxi or Uber/Lyft.

I am looking forward to operations restarting there, though I am half-hoping they don't move back to the central terminal to co-gate with AA.

-J.
Old Jul 19, 20, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
It really is a nice terminal. Even if the only food outlet is ridiculously overpriced.* The atrium is gorgeous and I believe the building is landmarked.

*In the mornings, you could get a bagel with any type of spread for the same price... including lox spread. It might be the deal of the century!

I just wish the Q70 stopped there. Because it did not, it was very inconvenient for me to go there unless I took a taxi or Uber/Lyft.

I am looking forward to operations restarting there, though I am half-hoping they don't move back to the central terminal to co-gate with AA.

-J.
I had never been inside before - just never had a flight out of there. But yesterday I walked right in and had the place to myself. It's crazy how small the building is - but the murals and the chrome Art Deco finishings are gorgeous.

Ugh, I want this mess to be over already...
Old Jul 19, 20, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA, BA, SPG
That is such a MARVELOUS building, love the Art Deco.
M60_to_LGA and GW McLintock like this.
Old Jul 19, 20, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
*In the mornings, you could get a bagel with any type of spread for the same price... including lox spread. It might be the deal of the centu
-J.
You can take the Q47 from 74th St./Roosevelt Ave.
Old Jul 19, 20, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Originally Posted by telloh View Post
You can take the Q47 from 74th St./Roosevelt Ave.
Yes, but it is not a 24-hour route. When I used to take the 6am flights, the first bus of the morning didn't arrive at JFK until 5 minutes before departure.

-J.
Old Jul 20, 20, 7:30 am

Isn't the a private charter also in Terminal A right in the rotunda and maybe FBO so while feeling empty there is still slight use. I know Hudson moved out, the pre-security restaurant closed and Cibo market and bar/pizza post security.
That one baggage claim was a killer though, had to move through the crowds waiting for the bags to get to the exit and if you had more than one arrival at the same time UGH.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: