Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Flights including Mint from EWR to LAX/SFO

Old Jun 18, 20, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)

JetBlue | JetBlue Will Add 30 New Routes, Launch Mint® at Newark

Nice to see some expansion in some key markets.
Old Jun 18, 20, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! First-ever nonstop FLL-PDX. They should be great.

Didn't realize FLL-SEA nonstop flight. I knows Spirit still fliers FLL-SEA during summer seasonal only.

Another new route PHX-EWR. Wow! Let see what happens. I knows they still flew PHX-JFK. It's just only for redeye flight.
Old Jun 18, 20, 10:12 am

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Very nice to see some decent expansion. Would have really liked to have seen Mint on MCO-SFO and FLL-SEA but oh well.
Old Jun 18, 20, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
Very nice to see some decent expansion. Would have really liked to have seen Mint on MCO-SFO and FLL-SEA but oh well.
They likely don't have enough Mint planes this year to add them but better to get a little traction this year and then add it later as planes get delivered if the routes are successful.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 20, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Silver, D23 Charter Member, JetBlue Mosaic, Southwest A-List
A lot of these routes have been on my wish list for a long time now. I hope they stick around.
Old Jun 18, 20, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RWPrincess View Post
A lot of these routes have been on my wish list for a long time now. I hope they stick around.
I completely agree with you. Let see what happen. I'm sure they should be done very well.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Jun 18, 20, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
These are some great additions. I am especially excited for JFK-DFW and MSP, and the return of TPA and RSW to LGA. I am curious how they plan to make STT work considering the performance required there; the BOS flight has to stop at SJU for fuel or take a significant weight restriction. Delta operates this route with a Boeing 757.

I also wonder if they plan to make any improvements at EWR. I know it's really up to the Port Authority, but the EWR A Terminal is just... so terrible.

Interestingly, FLL-SEA will become the longest flight in the domestic network, and apparently will not offer Mint.

Still no word on which airport(s) will be served in London.

-J.
Old Jun 18, 20, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
This makes Jet Blue a lot more competitive from major markets on the west coast. I wish they would partner with more connection carriers on the west coast to serve secondary markets. I'm over in PSC and if I want to fly Jet Blue I need to make a 3 hour drive to SEA or PDX. Would be great if they had a codeshare with something like Skywest so you could fly something like FLL-SEA-PSC/EUG/GEG.
Old Jun 18, 20, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Glad to see all the new flights from the NYC area.

Surprised by PIT-FLL/PBI. Wonder if we will ever see PIT-JFK/EWR?
leonger likes this.
Old Jun 18, 20, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Originally Posted by allseas1586 View Post
Glad to see all the new flights from the NYC area.

Surprised by PIT-FLL/PBI. Wonder if we will ever see PIT-JFK/EWR?
They used to fly JFK-PIT years ago. Steven Slater blew the slide after arriving at JFK from PIT.

-J.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Jun 18, 20, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RWPrincess View Post
Lets revisit these new adds after they've been up and running for a few months and see whats left I bet there will be quite a few that are dropped and some that will be keepers. I wouldn't hold my breathe on trying to compete to DL fortress hubs (DTW/MSP). In PHL and EWR I can see them having some success. Like I said, out of all these additions, lets see whats remaining come Sept/Oct.

I mean, look at it this way, what B6 is flying now isnt working so they have to poach from the competitor and fly new and unproven routes. I don't know if a lot of loyal DL/AA/UA fliers will want to switch. This is a gamble that may or may not pay off for B6
Old Jun 18, 20, 5:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
They used to fly JFK-PIT years ago. Steven Slater blew the slide after arriving at JFK from PIT.

-J.
I didn’t realize that flight originated in PIT!

Nonetheless, I’d love to see the route resume and fares to go down. Granted, UA does usually have some decent fares on EWR-PIT.
Old Jun 18, 20, 6:42 pm

As a EWR flyer, I am very happy to see it.

I also wonder if they plan to make any improvements at EWR. I know it's really up to the Port Authority, but the EWR A Terminal is just... so terrible.
The new Terminal One is well under construction, so I think the last round of restroom fixes is the last dollar they'll spend on terminal A, short of a window breaking.
Old Jun 18, 20, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by jamesinclair View Post
The new Terminal One is well under construction, so I think the last round of restroom fixes is the last dollar they'll spend on terminal A, short of a window breaking.
Will JetBlue be using this new Terminal One?

-J.
Old Jun 18, 20, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

-J.
Actually, they tried JFK-PIT before and it did not work at all. Due to low demand.

Will JetBlue be using this new Terminal One?

-J.
Yes, they will be at new Terminal One. Replace old terminal A.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: