Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Flights including Mint from EWR to LAX/SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Flights including Mint from EWR to LAX/SFO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2020, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by DLSuites
In regards to these routes, B6 lately is just a very poorly run airline. They have added countless money losing routes while increasing their cash burn, while all their competitors have reduced their burn. These routes never had a chance to succeed, even in pre-COVID times, so I don't really understand the logic behind this. It really makes no sense whatsoever. Its time someone comes to their senses and just axes the whole debacle. Conserve cash burn and ride out the storm. Otherwise, there might not be a JetBlue in a few years. They should also delay London as they will lose countless $$$ over that but thats a matter for a different thread.
JFK - LHR is the most profitable route for BA generating $1B in profit for IAG. B6 should press ahead with London. Would love for them also to fly JFK - BHX which airlines are not serving and flyers might be interest if they have business in the midlands and wish to avoid the London area congestion.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by DLSuites
looks like these 'dart board' additions just took another massive step backwards. I mean, they seriously mine as well just put them out to pasture...All of them. Gotta love the enthusiasm of some though, thinking that they were really going to be sticking it to the legacies with some of these routes. Time to lick those wounds and try again. Thing is, this has nothing to do with COVID and everything to do with thinking that they can set up shop wherever they want and be successful. Thats the kind of attitude that gets you nowhere and fast,.

And while we're at it, wow, just wow. the # of flights B6 flies out of BOS just nosedived as well. So, where are all these extra gates and flights B6 is going to be getting/starting up to 'really' stick it to the competition? LOL. Like I said gotta love the enthusiasm with some people but lets be realistic, shall we?
I Agree. What was previously a reliable frequency and Route for daily flight service, now I’m having to picking and choosing flights on certain day of week only, and making a connection in Fort Lauderdale from Seattle to getting to New York JFK. Who thought of this bad idea. A reliable hub and spoke operation made for much better flight route planning.....

Jiburi
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jiburi
I Agree. What was previously a reliable frequency and Route for daily flight service, now I’m having to picking and choosing flights on certain day of week only, and making a connection in Fort Lauderdale from Seattle to getting to New York JFK. Who thought of this bad idea. A reliable hub and spoke operation made for much better flight route planning.....

Jiburi
Why would you transfer in FLL going from SEA-JFK when there’s nonstops available?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 6:46 pm

I assume it's because JFK-SEA has been reduced to 3x weekly and BOS-SEA has been reduced to 4x weekly, whereas FLL-SEA is operating at 2x weekly. Scheduling have definitely been tough with all these reductions.

I'm surprised so far that most of the routes they announced have gone ahead or scheduled to still go ahead (although in reduced fashion). FLL-PDX is one that got cut completely for October. Not sure if that will ever start that one. MCO-SFO is 1x weekly for October. That's probably the worst cut one. EWR-SRQ was pushed back all the way to October due to JetBlue not operating any SRQ flights until then.

On the bright side. EWR-SFO is daily for October. EWR-LAX is between 2 to 3x daily, which is only 1 off from UA. EWR-LAS is showing 2x daily for most days. Both EWR-CHS/JAX are now showing 5x weekly, which is an increase over what I saw a week ago. EWR-SAN/PHX/AUS are all 4x weekly. i see JFK-DTW/DFW/MSP all at 4x weekly. Most other stuff are 3 to 4x weekly. Looks like they are really putting an effort at EWR.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by bgasser
JFK - LHR is the most profitable route for BA generating $1B in profit for IAG. B6 should press ahead with London. Would love for them also to fly JFK - BHX which airlines are not serving and flyers might be interest if they have business in the midlands and wish to avoid the London area congestion.
And the Mint Suites are much nicer than the cheap plastic-looking new BA Club Suites
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by fly747first
And the Mint Suites are much nicer than the cheap plastic-looking new BA Club Suites
I mean.... the club world suite is much better but that's only because it has a larger footprint per seats. Both seats are amazing to spend long haul flights in.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by itripreport
I mean.... the club world suite is much better but that's only because it has a larger footprint per seats. Both seats are amazing to spend long haul flights in.
I personally don't like the new Club suites... they feel plastic and cheap plus, at least in my experience, the door gets stuck easily; never had this problem with the Mint suite
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I personally don't like the new Club suites... they feel plastic and cheap plus, at least in my experience, the door gets stuck easily; never had this problem with the Mint suite
Haven’t personally tried the new club suite, but at least as far as BA goes, anything has to be better than the old CW.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Wanted to give a meal and service update for MINT from September 2020 on EWR-LAX

Key Takeaways

​​​​​​- service is wonderful ( 2 for 2 on great Mint Crews )

- everything on menu was catered on plane

- Food all served on one tray. However was able to get any beverages and or extra snacks that I wanted at request.

- aisle seats are blocked on the non throne seat rows unless you are traveling with a companion I assume.

Carfield, cmd320 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for the detailed review!

Mint continues to be the best overall product on offer in North America at the moment. No one else even comes close in terms of food or cabin service quality. It seems B6 is even pouring a better sparkling wine than AA in F these days since they dropped true champagne from transcon F.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Wanted to give a meal and service update for MINT from September 2020 on EWR-LAX

Key Takeaways

​​​​​​- service is wonderful ( 2 for 2 on great Mint Crews )

- everything on menu was catered on plane

- Food all served on one tray. However was able to get any beverages and or extra snacks that I wanted at request.

- aisle seats are blocked on the non throne seat rows unless you are traveling with a companion I assume.
Thanks for sharing. I have flown the exact same flight on the 18th and I was going to post a photo trip report soon; although, the video is fantastic.
And, more interestingly, I had originally planned to fly on the 4th like you ( what a coincidence ), however, when the $389 discounted Mint tickets got sold out for that specific flight, I had postponed the trip 2 weeks.

My experience was pretty similar, chose the same 3 main dishes but had the ice-cream as a dessert; and the milk bar cookie was a blueberry one instead of a chocolate one.
By the way, aisle seats are always blocked; AFAIK, they do not unblock them for couples unless something has changed.

Carfield likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cmd320
Thank you for the detailed review!

Mint continues to be the best overall product on offer in North America at the moment. No one else even comes close in terms of food or cabin service quality. It seems B6 is even pouring a better sparkling wine than AA in F these days since they dropped true champagne from transcon F.
Agreed. It’s these experiences that would make me choose B6 over other when going to LHR when they eventually start flying there
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Thanks for sharing. I have flown the exact same flight on the 18th and I was going to post a photo trip report soon; although, the video is fantastic.
And, more interestingly, I had originally planned to fly on the 4th like you ( what a coincidence ), however, when the $389 discounted Mint tickets got sold out for that specific flight, I had postponed the trip 2 weeks.

My experience was pretty similar, chose the same 3 main dishes but had the ice-cream as a dessert; and the milk bar cookie was a blueberry one instead of a chocolate one.
By the way, aisle seats are always blocked; AFAIK, they do not unblock them for couples unless something has changed.

Yeah wasn’t sure in regards to them blocking the aisle seats if a couple was traveling together in Mint if that could be overridden by calling in once the ticket was booked with a couple on the same PNR.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Agreed. It’s these experiences that would make me choose B6 over other when going to LHR when they eventually start flying there
And best of all, to steal some market share, expect introductory Mint fares to LHR to be low ; BA is going to have a heart attack
Old Oct 4, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: Free agent
And best of all, to steal some market share, expect introductory Mint fares to LHR to be low ; BA is going to have a heart attack
I'm counting on it! My wife and I are very excited to starting hitting London 4-5 times a year once the world opens a bit more.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.