Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Flights including Mint from EWR to LAX/SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Flights including Mint from EWR to LAX/SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2020, 5:59 pm
Original Member

Anyone know where there are on ETOPS? Has this been impacted at all with the pandemic?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by ncorman
Anyone know where there are on ETOPS? Has this been impacted at all with the pandemic?
They are still working on the program. They're learning a lot from United, with whom they've had several meetings in Chicago and FLL already this year.

-J.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 11:42 am
Suspended

The JFK additions that were supposed to really stick it to DL (according to me particular poster)

The inaugural JFK-MSP Less than 10 seats taken.

The next JFK to DTW, Less than 10 seats taken.

And when you look at any given date, no ore than 6 - 7 total seats taken. Thats really sticking it to the competitor. I mean isnt B6 losing enough money a day? Time to stick a fork in it Blue.

And for added confirmation, I know several people that work for B6 that can confirm to me that the majority of the people on all these new additions are non revs.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by DLSuites
The JFK additions that were supposed to really stick it to DL (according to me particular poster)

The inaugural JFK-MSP Less than 10 seats taken.

The next JFK to DTW, Less than 10 seats taken.

And when you look at any given date, no ore than 6 - 7 total seats taken. Thats really sticking it to the competitor. I mean isnt B6 losing enough money a day? Time to stick a fork in it Blue.

And for added confirmation, I know several people that work for B6 that can confirm to me that the majority of the people on all these new additions are non revs.
Find the quote where I said these additions were to stick it to DL. Stop making stuff up.

Spending all day looking up future seat maps for an airline that really has nothing to do with you is not healthy. Especially when most people buy fares that don't allow them to do seat selection.

https://crankyflier.com/2020/07/30/f...eally-burning/
Based on analysts that looked at provided data, DL cash burn in Q2 was $52 million per day when using the same calculation as other airlines. Which is about 5.5 times B6's cash burn per day in Q2. They are also about that much larger than JetBlue by 2019 revenue. So they are burning cash at about the same rate when adjusted for their size.

So, why don't you worry about the world around you (like you know the pandemic) and chill out on JetBlue stuff.
cmd320 and MSYtoJFKagain like this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
None of the airlines have many pax now. This is all starting now while it's available, with the plan of it becoming profitable in the long term.

OT: as I've said before, I am the last person to defend JB. But I am not the first person to make this point. Please stop making us (myself and 2+ other members) repeat it. It is irritating and obnoxious.

I've said my piece and I will not bring this up again.

-J.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Hey guys, I just checked the seat map for DL1715 on 27 Aug. and they’ve only sold one seat in J! DL should just pull the plug on JFK-LAX.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmd320
Hey guys, I just checked the seat map for DL1715 on 27 Aug. and they’ve only sold one seat in J! DL should just pull the plug on JFK-LAX.
Could very well be low overall demand > Same day EWR-LAX:
UA 1555: 0 seats sold
UA 1871: 1 seat sold
This is per seat map, so it might not show reservations without seat assignments - not sure how you assessed DLs load.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
I think some of the August EWR flights may have been dropped. Anyone have specifics? Some of the PHX ones are no longer shown.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Could very well be low overall demand > Same day EWR-LAX:
UA 1555: 0 seats sold
UA 1871: 1 seat sold
This is per seat map, so it might not show reservations without seat assignments - not sure how you assessed DLs load.
There was a hint of sarcasm/irony associated with that post.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by vatraveler
I think some of the August EWR flights may have been dropped. Anyone have specifics? Some of the PHX ones are no longer shown.
Like every other carrier, they are adjusting to the demand as we get closer to the schedule. EWR-PHX and JFK-PHX are both 2x weekly in August.

Unfortunately, this has become the new normal for airlines. They advertise a much larger schedule than they intend to fly. And then, do 1 major reduction about 4 to 6 weeks before the start of next month (or 1 week past that for AA/UA) and then another smaller reduction about a week or two before the start of next month. Last night, AA apparently just loaded in another major cut for the month starting from August 7th. This allows airlines to capture as much booking as possible and only fly schedule that has some level of demand. The up close cuts for NYC airport is especially brutal because our demand has been hit so much more than rest of the country.

Over time, as demand comes back, I think you will see airlines settle in on a more reasonable schedule. I don't know how long that will take though. A lot of JetBlue's recent adds and schedule increases like EWR-PHX, JFK-PHX, JFK-RDU and JFK-DFW rely on this partnership with AA getting implemented and when AA drops some of their NYC stuff as they are expected to.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:17 am
Suspended

looks like these 'dart board' additions just took another massive step backwards. I mean, they seriously mine as well just put them out to pasture...All of them. Gotta love the enthusiasm of some though, thinking that they were really going to be sticking it to the legacies with some of these routes. Time to lick those wounds and try again. Thing is, this has nothing to do with COVID and everything to do with thinking that they can set up shop wherever they want and be successful. Thats the kind of attitude that gets you nowhere and fast,.

And while we're at it, wow, just wow. the # of flights B6 flies out of BOS just nosedived as well. So, where are all these extra gates and flights B6 is going to be getting/starting up to 'really' stick it to the competition? LOL. Like I said gotta love the enthusiasm with some people but lets be realistic, shall we?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by DLSuites
looks like these 'dart board' additions just took another massive step backwards. I mean, they seriously mine as well just put them out to pasture...All of them. Gotta love the enthusiasm of some though, thinking that they were really going to be sticking it to the legacies with some of these routes. Time to lick those wounds and try again. Thing is, this has nothing to do with COVID and everything to do with thinking that they can set up shop wherever they want and be successful. Thats the kind of attitude that gets you nowhere and fast,.

And while we're at it, wow, just wow. the # of flights B6 flies out of BOS just nosedived as well. So, where are all these extra gates and flights B6 is going to be getting/starting up to 'really' stick it to the competition? LOL. Like I said gotta love the enthusiasm with some people but lets be realistic, shall we?
You mean it's abnormal that an airline right now is cutting flights out of NYC and BOS? Have you seen how many flights DL is operating out of BOS these days?

JetBlue yesterday according to flight stats out of Boston:
68 flights operated
DL

So DL canceled a larger portion of their pre-COVID schedule than JetBlue at Boston

out of JFK
JetBlue operated 68
DL 76

Given that DL normally operated 1/3 more flights than JetBlue out of JFK, they again canceled a larger portion of their pre-COVID schedule than JetBlue here.

Where do you come up with your theories?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 6:54 am
Suspended

In regards to these routes, B6 lately is just a very poorly run airline. They have added countless money losing routes while increasing their cash burn, while all their competitors have reduced their burn. These routes never had a chance to succeed, even in pre-COVID times, so I don't really understand the logic behind this. It really makes no sense whatsoever. Its time someone comes to their senses and just axes the whole debacle. Conserve cash burn and ride out the storm. Otherwise, there might not be a JetBlue in a few years. They should also delay London as they will lose countless $$$ over that but thats a matter for a different thread.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 9:12 am

Jetblue had the second best cash position heading into this in terms of debt to cap ratio and available cash. They are Ina very good position. They have $3.4 billion in cash on hand at end of q2 and now issued another $800 million in secured debt with most of which yielding 4% interest rate. At this point, doesn't even look like they need to take the cares loan money. They have plenty of money to last through a long drought in demand.

Every airline is making their cuts based on market demand. Jetblue will continue to add routes and make cuts based on where demand there are. Expect more adds out of NYC and Boston which will probably annoy our delta friend here. their NYC buildup is real.

September is a long demand month. Southwest just took a huge axe to their schedule. The latest airline to do so. JetBlue will also continue to trim their schedule as needed. Not a big deal. Just what the market demands.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: TrueBlue
I was pretty surprised at the fact that there were almost NO seats unavailable, both ways, when my wife wanted to book a BOS-MSP trip around Thanksgiving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.