Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Flights including Mint from EWR to LAX/SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Flights including Mint from EWR to LAX/SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:28 am

[Redacted quote which has since been edited by a moderator]

[Removed personal comment]

You can't change history no matter how many seat maps you look up.

The fact that you said 5 seat were sold for EWR-CHS's inaugural flight and they actually had 36 and 14 on the R/T flights should tell you that your method of going by seat map is terrible.

The big change since last year is they are selling Basic economy fares now. That fare level does not allow seat selection. And ever since they included no change fee for all fare levels, most people are probably buying basic economy. I guess you haven't caught on to that change yet.

EWR-SRQ is not for sale in August, because they are delaying the opening of that station until September. JFK-SRQ is facing the same delay.

Their moves at JFK/EWR are strategic in nature. They have the money to make a move right now to set up their network for years to come. The new adds out of NYC will undoubtedly see frequency reductions as long as demand is bare minimum in NYC. But they will stick around and be given every opportunity to work.

Do you know we have a 14 day quarantine right now? If you want to see what NYC demand looks like, just take a look at CF's latest post on schedule updates https://crankyflier.com/2020/07/27/m...ts-its-course/. Guess what, all the legacies are making huge slashes to NYC schedule also.

And this is probably going to tee you up even more, since you are so offended by JetBlue adding to DL fortress hubs. They are going up to 4x daily on JFK-ATL and JFK-RDU long term from 2x previously. Maybe you should start looking at those seat maps also.

Their NYC buildup is real. Aside from FLL-SEA and MCO-SFO, the rest of the 30 flights may or may not ever start. Those are not particularly important. I've been pretty consistent in saying that. If the bookings don't look good by middle of September, they will push back those flights. Most of the bookings these days have been real close in. All the data show that. There is no reason to cancel or push back a route any earlier than that.

Originally Posted by cmd320
It's hard to take you seriously with the obvious emotion you seem to hold for this topic as well as the fact that you're attempting to assess load factors by looking at seat maps. Did you happen to see what the load factors were for other airlines operating the same routes?
He seemed to have missed that using seat map is a terrible idea given the discrepancy between his EWR-CHS numbers and how many people actually showed up to the flight.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 4, 2020 at 2:33 pm
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tphuang
It's rare to find someone this obsessed about another airline to actually look up their seat chart before every flight. You said they were never starting these flights and they clearly did. Get over it. You can't change history no matter how many seat maps you look up.

The fact that you said 5 seat were sold for EWR-CHS's inaugural flight and they actually had 36 and 14 on the R/T flights should tell you that your method of going by seat map is terrible.

The big change since last year is they are selling Basic economy fares now. That fare level does not allow seat selection. And ever since they included no change fee for all fare levels, most people are probably buying basic economy. I guess you haven't caught on to that change yet.

EWR-SRQ is not for sale in August, because they are delaying the opening of that station until September. JFK-SRQ is facing the same delay.

Their moves at JFK/EWR are strategic in nature. They have the money to make a move right now to set up their network for years to come. The new adds out of NYC will undoubtedly see frequency reductions as long as demand is bare minimum in NYC. But they will stick around and be given every opportunity to work.

Do you know we have a 14 day quarantine right now? If you want to see what NYC demand looks like, just take a look at CF's latest post on schedule updates https://crankyflier.com/2020/07/27/m...ts-its-course/. Guess what, all the legacies are making huge slashes to NYC schedule also.

And this is probably going to tee you up even more, since you are so offended by JetBlue adding to DL fortress hubs. They are going up to 4x daily on JFK-ATL and JFK-RDU long term from 2x previously. Maybe you should start looking at those seat maps also.

Their NYC buildup is real. Aside from FLL-SEA and MCO-SFO, the rest of the 30 flights may or may not ever start. Those are not particularly important. I've been pretty consistent in saying that. If the bookings don't look good by middle of September, they will push back those flights. Most of the bookings these days have been real close in. All the data show that. There is no reason to cancel or push back a route any earlier than that.

He seemed to have missed that using seat map is a terrible idea given the discrepancy between his EWR-CHS numbers and how many people actually showed up to the flight.
show me where I said they would never start these flights. As usual, you are making things up to fit your own blue agenda. I said most of them would never last and I stand by that. EWR - CHS on aug 1. 10 seats sold, LOL. Take a look at thatI am talking SOLD seats, not what was taken by non revs. Take a look at any future EWR-CHS flights. Take a look at August 6th, 3 seats old. What about all the other 'new city' routes, what about the lack of seats for sale on the other 29 routes? This you can quote me on, invariably they will cancel most if not all. They will lose on JFK-ATL just like they did with BOS-ATL. I remember how loud they were about this route and look what happened, even pre-COVID. They couldn't make that route work. They went from 5 or 6 daily 320's down to 2 or 3 190's. Even 4 daily flights JFK to ATL is nothing compared to what DL offers out of NYC to ATL. So, even if they can survive with 4 flights, its very insignificant. LOL. Give it up JetBlue. Your feeble attempt at these routes and DL strongholds will fail. For this purpose, the seat mapper is accurate enough.

Last edited by DLSuites; Jul 27, 2020 at 9:02 am
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
So it would seem.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by DLSuites
Give it up JetBlue.
Sounds like something I would say. Lol. But I didn't say it

-J.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 9:25 am
Suspended

So it would seem.
how many people bought a ticket and how many people non revved = the total number of people on the flight. But lets not get caught up on the first flight. Any future flight has no more than a few seats sold. Its a route they have cut back on and will eventually give up on altogether, unless they want to throw a 190 on it or wait for the 220. When I see 3 seats 'taken' its a pretty good indication the flight is not doing well. But, according to tphaung, blue never fails at anything.

I'll check back in a few days, we'll see what else gets reduced.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how many people bought a ticket and how many people non revved = the total number of people on the flight. But lets not get caught up on the first flight. Any future flight has no more than a few seats sold. Its a route they have cut back on and will eventually give up on altogether, unless they want to throw a 190 on it or wait for the 220. When I see 3 seats 'taken' its a pretty good indication the flight is not doing well. But, according to tphaung, blue never fails at anything.

Would you like to cite the airlines that are currently doing well on any routes? AA and UA may have a handful of flights that are profitable on an irregular basis, but the reality is that every airline in the country is currently hemorrhaging money faster than they ever have.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Would you like to cite the airlines that are currently doing well on any routes? AA and UA may have a handful of flights that are profitable on an irregular basis, but the reality is that every airline in the country is currently hemorrhaging money faster than they ever have.
This. When things pick back up, these routes will [expect to] be popular and profitable. Might as well get the slots while they're available. Right now nobody is doing well. JB isn't doing any better or worse than other airlines.

-J.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 10:57 am

show me where I said they would never start these flights.
In your very own words, mint stuff didn't make it to day 1.
I think all these new additions, in one way shape or another, got eliminated or cut. Looks like even some of the MINT stuff didnt even make it to day one!
They will lose on JFK-ATL just like they did with BOS-ATL. I remember how loud they were about this route and look what happened, even pre-COVID. They couldn't make that route work. They went from 5 or 6 daily 320's down to 2 or 3 190's. Even 4 daily flights JFK to ATL is nothing compared to what DL offers out of NYC to ATL. So, even if they can survive with 4 flights, its very insignificant. LOL. Give it up JetBlue. Your feeble attempt at these routes and DL strongholds will fail. For this purpose, the seat mapper is accurate enough.
They were running 4x on BOS-ATL pre-COVID and 2x on JFK-ATL. Now with COVID, they are obviously running less. Why would they need to offer the same number of flights as DL on NYC-ATL? That's like saying Delta needs to fly as much as JetBlue from NYC to DR. It doesn't make any sense.

how many people bought a ticket and how many people non revved = the total number of people on the flight. But lets not get caught up on the first flight. Any future flight has no more than a few seats sold. Its a route they have cut back on and will eventually give up on altogether, unless they want to throw a 190 on it or wait for the 220. When I see 3 seats 'taken' its a pretty good indication the flight is not doing well.
Point is you used seat map to judge how many seats are sold when the reality is seat map does not provide that info when most of the seats are sold as basic economy. Seriously, this is for your own good. Airlines will add and remove routes as they see fit. Spending all day on seat maps due to a grudge is not a great way to live life.

But, according to tphaung, blue never fails at anything.
I have not said anything like that. I said NYC adds are strategic stuff they will keep around. The other stuff will get canned if the bookings are not there.

Which is pointless because every airline is cutting more flights every week. It's not a JetBlue phenomenon. We are in a pandemic and have a 14 day quarantine in NY/NJ right now. See how much DL cut in BOS/NYC just this past week and same with UA and AA. Normal stuff these days.

​​​​​​​What he doesn't seem to understand is that there is very high fix cost in parking aircraft and paying pilots/FA to stay at home. Fuel prices are not high. And now they've committed to adding all this flights with their AA partnership. AA is giving them slots to fly more. And they've committed to no furlough for pilots in exchange for allowing this AA codeshare. The break even cost for these flights are really not high at the moment.

JetBlue had the second lowest debts in the industry before this started. So they are using that to gain importantly slots and gate access that cost a lot of money to acquire normally. I don't know if any of this will work out, but they are taking a shot to be relevant in NY/NJ. The NY/NJ stuff is not a 2 or 3 months mirage. And for customers, we will just have more choices, which is always good.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:18 am
Suspended

lets take a closer look at JFK - MSP. Service starts August 6th. Looks to be AROUND 5 seats taken. The next day...a total of 2 seats taken. What actually winds up on these flights will invariably be more due to non revs, but those numbers are quite laughable. A Cessna might be a better plane capacity wise for this one particular DL stronghold.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
lets take a closer look at JFK - MSP. Service starts August 6th. Looks to be AROUND 5 seats taken. The next day...a total of 2 seats taken. What actually winds up on these flights will invariably be more due to non revs, but those numbers are quite laughable. A Cessna might be a better plane capacity wise for this one particular DL stronghold.
This is hilarious, apparently you have nothing better to do than look at future seatmaps, I haven't read this entire thread because I have better things to do but please stop wasting everyone's time with your hatred of B6.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:34 pm

I believe it's already been confirmed that DLSuites is in fact Ed Bastian.
Brigri and octr202 like this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by telloh
I believe it's already been confirmed that DLSuites is in fact Ed Bastian.
Except Ed might actually have a clue what he's talking about...
Brigri likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 6:40 am

I don't understand the thing with the seat maps, it is not a true picture. Non-rev's don't show up, UM's don't show up their seats are always blocked anyway. Speaking of blocked seats everyone could be full. Mosaics switch flights all the time their best benefit and then the low fare thing (which I don't pay attention) seat assignments are delayed until a day or two before departure?

I think it is a good move for B6, kinda of like what they did for London and future plans. Speaking of future I'm really interested in what the C-Series, I mean A220 will do for them.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:08 am

They are getting the first A220 this year, followed by 7 in 2021 and 8 in 2022. I would imagine they will be very concentrated in JFK/BOS to start off. Once 2023 rolls around, they will be getting them a lot quicker as E90 goes out of service. I can see them creating an A220 base in LAX since they are looking to build an operation out there. I would be pretty excited to try it out. Although, that probably means I need to trek out to JFK. I doubt EWR is getting them early.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
They are getting the first A220 this year, followed by 7 in 2021 and 8 in 2022. I would imagine they will be very concentrated in JFK/BOS to start off. Once 2023 rolls around, they will be getting them a lot quicker as E90 goes out of service. I can see them creating an A220 base in LAX since they are looking to build an operation out there. I would be pretty excited to try it out. Although, that probably means I need to trek out to JFK. I doubt EWR is getting them early.
Yes of course they will. They will delivery A220 to JetBlue sometime in end of 2020. Only 1 aircraft. I hoping if they expanded 60 flights a days for LAX operation. If they add a specific new routes and a international flights, as well as Hawaii flights. If they have A321neo. The A321neo had more capabilities, more fuel-efficient, and more range. I hope they can started nonstop flight from LAX to HNL, OGG, LIH, and KOA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.