Mint Experience during Covid-19

Old Jun 15, 20, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Mint Experience during Covid-19

Flying SEA-BOS in July and wondering what people's experiences have been on board since the start of Covid-19. Are they still doing meals? Mainly booking the flight for the seat (Snagged a single seat) as I consider this one of the safest ways to travel across the country.
Old Jun 15, 20, 11:52 am

No meals. You will get a snack box (like a cheese plate or a turkey sandwich) and beverages are limited to water bottles and select alcohol.
bgasser likes this.
Old Jun 16, 20, 9:26 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Have flown Mint twice since the reduced service. You basically get for free what the pre-packaged inflight offerings were before. The various sandwiches, a cheese plate or the Eat Up boxes. They will let you get a sandwich and one other item if you ask. They have red/white wine and a sparkling wine. I am not sure about beer. The first time I flew they had no sodas but I was able to get some chips but it seemed like they had to go hunt them down.

Second more recent time pretty much the same except they did have some cans of soda. And I think I saw they bring chips to someone else.

Mint stews are still nice but there is definitely less interaction than in normal times. They’re not making as many trips through the cabin so sometimes you have to go to the galley to find them.

Last edited by BKSweetheart; Jun 16, 20 at 9:31 pm
Old Jun 17, 20, 12:01 am

Programs: DL 360, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by BKSweetheart View Post
Have flown Mint twice since the reduced service. You basically get for free what the pre-packaged inflight offerings were before. The various sandwiches, a cheese plate or the Eat Up boxes. They will let you get a sandwich and one other item if you ask. They have red/white wine and a sparkling wine. I am not sure about beer. The first time I flew they had no sodas but I was able to get some chips but it seemed like they had to go hunt them down.

Second more recent time pretty much the same except they did have some cans of soda. And I think I saw they bring chips to someone else.

Mint stews are still nice but there is definitely less interaction than in normal times. They’re not making as many trips through the cabin so sometimes you have to go to the galley to find them.

do they still have blankets?
Old Jun 17, 20, 9:08 am

Yes they still have the pillow/blankets and the amenity kits.
Old Jun 26, 20, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKSweetheart View Post
Yes they still have the pillow/blankets and the amenity kits.
Come the pillows plastic-wrapped as well?
Old Jun 28, 20, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g View Post
Come the pillows plastic-wrapped as well?
yep.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Jun 29, 20, 10:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Any of the regular packaged snacks (or the Milk cookies?!), or just the snack boxes? What about the salad shakers? A salad shaker, sandwich, and cookie would be not *that* bad ..
Old Jul 1, 20, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by jewree View Post
Any of the regular packaged snacks (or the Milk cookies?!), or just the snack boxes? What about the salad shakers? A salad shaker, sandwich, and cookie would be not *that* bad ..
They had the cheese plate, I believe they did have one of the salad shakers and they did have the cookies. As for the chips, they might be able to hunt some down for you if you ask but probably hit or miss.

Overall the food offering was tasty/filling BUT on a 5 hour flight, I felt like I was hungry again towards the end. I'd definitely recommend bringing a couple extra snacks as a back up.
jewree likes this.
Old Jul 7, 20, 2:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP GOLD, AA PLAT, UA SILVER, DL SILVER, IHG PLAT.
I flew on a jetblue mint equipped A321 back from San Diego to Vegas in May 31st, while I'm completely unsure about the service JetBlue currently has on mint, I did peek at a basket filled with Milk cookies so my only guess is those are still being handed.
jewree and RWPrincess like this.
Old Jul 15, 20, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
"Real" Mint service including actual meal service has returned as of today. My understanding is that Mint will have ice available for beverages, however the Core cabin will not. The food on one of the breakfast flights looks really good... smoked salmon tacos yum!

-J.
cmd320 and yydv like this.
Old Jul 15, 20, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA, DL, B6 Mosaic, HH Diamond
The Mint service is almost back to normal. I'm flying it right now. There are menus, the same pick-3-out-of-5-dishes food offering, wines, liquors, etc. The little plates had plastic lids or aluminum foil on them, the dessert (ice cream) was placed on the same tray as the main meal. The beverages are poured into plastic cups. I wasn't offered a pre-departure beverage, even though I had a usual chat with a FA before the departure about whether it's my first flight in Mint. The service is less pro-active than before: I have to ask for refills. But in general it's much better than what I expected and feared.
seanp7, Yahtzee, cmd320 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 18, 20, 11:26 am

Is there blocked seats or what separation do they give ?
Old Jul 18, 20, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Originally Posted by nologic98 View Post
Is there blocked seats or what separation do they give ?
Mint is [supposed to be] capped at 10 passengers.

-J.
Old Jul 23, 20, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by grrizzli View Post
The Mint service is almost back to normal. I'm flying it right now. There are menus, the same pick-3-out-of-5-dishes food offering, wines, liquors, etc. The little plates had plastic lids or aluminum foil on them, the dessert (ice cream) was placed on the same tray as the main meal. The beverages are poured into plastic cups. I wasn't offered a pre-departure beverage, even though I had a usual chat with a FA before the departure about whether it's my first flight in Mint. The service is less pro-active than before: I have to ask for refills. But in general it's much better than what I expected and feared.
what was your route I'm wondering if it depends on the route looking to fly mid August ewr-lax

Search this Thread
Search Engine: