Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mint Experience during Covid-19

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Schedule and rebooking questions

I have never flown B6 before. I do not want to create a new thread and hopefully this is an appropriate thread for asking these questions.
I checked the schedule for RDU-MCO (Raleigh-Orlando). There is currently no nonstop flight between this city pair for the next two-three weeks. My trip will be at the end of February. I assume that the schedule has not been finalized for late February/early March. If I book a ticket for RDU-MCO nonstop flights now and B6 decides to cancel the nonstop flights, what will happen to the booking? Of course, I do not want to rebook into connection flights
Another question is whether or not B6 will allow me to rebook nonstop flights from a nearby city such as Richmond (~120 miles north), which currently has nonstop flights to MCO on the schedule.
United has more flexible rebooking policy for schedule changes. For example, I rebooked BWI-IAH-MBJ to RIC-IAD-MBJ last December although there was nonstop between IAD and MBJ (I needed extra BIS miles for 3MM) and BWI and IAD are much closer to each other.
Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 3:56 pm

They did a schedule reduction last weekend for February. For 99% of their network, late February is pretty close to firm at this point. At worst, I see them doing a last minute trim off Tue/Wed/Sat. Other 4 days should be safe.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 7:59 am
eh9

Anyone have recent experiences on mint during the pandemic? Just wondering if anything has changed for the better in terms of service or food or to mainly just expect a larger seat without many frills? Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2021, 10:45 am

Mostly the same service, food is covered when they bring it out. Most of the Mint flight attendants still come around to see if you need anything at least once after the meal service ends.

Originally Posted by eh9
Anyone have recent experiences on mint during the pandemic? Just wondering if anything has changed for the better in terms of service or food or to mainly just expect a larger seat without many frills? Thanks!
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by eh9
Mint service has remained at very high levels, certainly better than that of any other airline in the US. Cabin crew remain attentive and food quality remains the best in the market.
Cat88L3 and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by cmd320
Mint service has remained at very high levels, certainly better than that of any other airline in the US. Cabin crew remain attentive and food quality remains the best in the market.
Received a thank you note just for writing please and thank you on the menu. 🤓

ImprovGal, Cat88L3, cmd320 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Is Cappuccino service back yet?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 12:40 am

It’s been back on my Mint flights since at least November.

Originally Posted by blueman2
Is Cappuccino service back yet?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 8:28 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
LAX -> JFK

Wifi was slow. Otherwise, good flight. Old Mint Suite configuration.

Carfield likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
B6 2123 JFK-LAX Mint Studio Suite

I flew this back on 7/18 and wanted to give some of my key takeaways:

- Mint Studio suites are a game changer for me on transcons flights

- No amenity kits or food menus loaded ( drink menu was loaded )

- food was excellent. I got to try all 5 dishes haha.

- crew was friendly as per usual in my experiences with JetBlue

​​​​​
Carfield, seanp7, cmd320 and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 6:31 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Can an economy passenger sit with someone in a mint studio?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Can an economy passenger sit with someone in a mint studio?
On an international flight, I believe you are supposed to remain in your booked class cabin. There used to be an announcement about that on international Mint flights (not sure if there still is as I haven't taken one in years now).

With that being said, even if they permitted a guest from Y, there should be no expectation that the Y passenger would get a J meal. Not that you were implying that... just in case anyone was wondering.

-J.
Brandinho1 and WasKnown like this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:19 am

Very very disappointing flight yesterday from LAX-JFK in Mint. Very lazy FA, mediocre food, and a total disappointing experience. This, in combination with NO lounges at LAX is a tremendous disappointment
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
JFK-SEA 10/4/21. Great experience. Good food, specialized cocktails, friendly service, comfortable seat. If this was somehow better pre-covid I’m prepared to be truly wowed at some point in the future.

and the ticket was cheaper than Alaska or Delta wanted for the same day/route.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
I did BOS-SFO today, and had a great experience. The pork shoulder was actually incredible, a huge piece, juicy, and the cracklings ... crispy perfection! The radicchio salad was also quite good, although the fluke was dried out and kinda greasy. I had wonderful drink pairings as well - the spicy margarita with the appetizer (finally not nuts!), a decent enough red wine with the meal, and good enough fresh brewed coffee with dessert. Service was friendly and attentive, really, no concerns at all (besides baggage in SFO taking FOREVER!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.