Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mint Experience during Covid-19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by fly747first
Well the comparison is easy now: DL isn't serving meals on any domestic flights, not even on premium transcon markets sold as Delta One

Respectfully, I doubt that many people would choose an airline over Coke vs. Pepsi. I exclusively drink Coke and just bring my own bottle when flying B6.
Oh, I know that; my point was more that the edge in products wasn't massive and that it was going to come down to points of preference (or strengths of loyalty programs) than anything, cost being equal. I could make a case for B6 or for DL pre-virus. Now? As you said, it's an easy comparison since Delta threw in the towel here.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Does anyone know if B6 is providing ice on non-Mint flights? I have an upcoming FLL JFK flight and it's only one class on this route
Old Sep 2, 2020, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Does anyone know if B6 is providing ice on non-Mint flights? I have an upcoming FLL JFK flight and it's only one class on this route
Ice cream is a Mint-only product. It is not available in Core on any flight.

You might be able to pick some up at FLL. If not, if it's frozen well then the TSA should consider it a solid and allow it through the checkpoint.

You'll get to enjoy a bottle of possibly the most disgusting water on the planet and one of the five signature snacks (likely cookies or the seed bar) on your flight.

-J.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Ice cream is a Mint-only product. It is not available in Core on any flight.

You might be able to pick some up at FLL. If not, if it's frozen well then the TSA should consider it a solid and allow it through the checkpoint.

You'll get to enjoy a bottle of possibly the most disgusting water on the planet and one of the five signature snacks (likely cookies or the seed bar) on your flight.

-J.
I think you are confused... I asked about ice (as in for soft beverages), not ice cream. Side note, what brand of water are you referring to as "the most disgusting on the planet"? Aquafina?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:09 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Special meals seem to be back. I ordered a vegetarian meal and another person on the flight ordered a gluten free meal and both were boarded on 2 Sep from SFO to JFK.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
I think you are confused... I asked about ice (as in for soft beverages), not ice cream. Side note, what brand of water are you referring to as "the most disgusting on the planet"? Aquafina?
I think they are referring to Dasani and I might agree tbh. Genuinely curious; is ice going to factor into your choice of booking or are you going to bring your own if it is not available?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Oh whoops you're right. Shows where my mind was at No, ice is not being offered.

They are using Crystal Geyser, Niagara, or Nanton. Unfortunately I have already ranked them from best to worst. I would take Dasani over any of these.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Sep 3, 2020 at 7:52 am
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh whoops you're right. Shows where my mind was at No, ice is not being offered.

They are using Crystal Geyser, Niagara, or Nanton. Unfortunately I have already ranked them from best to worst. I would take Dasani over any of these.

-J.
Thanks for letting me know! I'll grab food and drinks at the terminal before boarding.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Thanks for letting me know! I'll grab food and drinks at the terminal before boarding.
Not sure if Chili's is open, but you can get a giant bag of warmed chips and a thing of salsa for like $5 or 6. Best deal in the terminal.

In other news, JetBlue has gone ahead with revamping Mint service and people are already being trained in Orlando. I am looking forward to seeing what the "New Mint" will be all about. So far I've heard the tapas-style dishes will be gone.

-J.
Carfield likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
In other news, JetBlue has gone ahead with revamping Mint service and people are already being trained in Orlando. I am looking forward to seeing what the "New Mint" will be all about. So far I've heard the tapas-style dishes will be gone.

-J.
I hope this would not happen in the near future. I am scheduled to fly Mint two weeks later and I am eagerly waiting to experience Mint.

By the way, I wish this revamping would be positive in terms of customer experience rather than a COVID cost-cutting.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure if Chili's is open, but you can get a giant bag of warmed chips and a thing of salsa for like $5 or 6. Best deal in the terminal.

-J.
Can confirm that there was no ice nor soft drinks (just water and two snacks) on my FLL ORD flight though the cabin crew was lovely and they regularly passed though the aisle asking passengers if they needed more water
Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:00 am
Suspended

Can confirm that there was no ice nor soft drinks (just water and two snacks) on my FLL ORD flight though the cabin crew was lovely and they regularly passed though the aisle asking passengers if they needed more water
These FA;s are working half as hard as they had in the past with a fraction of the customers. Its the least they can and should do if you ask me.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lga31vfr
These FA;s are working half as hard as they had in the past with a fraction of the customers. Its the least they can and should do if you ask me.
Tell that to DL FAs lol
Cat88L3, cmd320 and FlyDeltaMD88 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:42 pm

We received excellent service in the Mint cabin from Wayne (9/25) on 1611, and Tanji (9/28) on 748. Forgot the names of their respective cabin mate on both flights.

They walked around and check on each of us during the flight.

As stated on JetBlue’s website, no pre-departure beverage.
Menus were handed out to us as we settled into our seats. We circle what we would like for the meal on the menu. Everything is then served at once - the nuts, the three choices, ice cream, and beverage.
Right before landing, we were given/offered the usual milkbar cookie.
Carfield and cmd320 like this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by leonger
We received excellent service in the Mint cabin from Wayne (9/25) on 1611, and Tanji (9/28) on 748. Forgot the names of their respective cabin mate on both flights.

They walked around and check on each of us during the flight.

As stated on JetBlue’s website, no pre-departure beverage.
Menus were handed out to us as we settled into our seats. We circle what we would like for the meal on the menu. Everything is then served at once - the nuts, the three choices, ice cream, and beverage.
Right before landing, we were given/offered the usual milkbar cookie.
Were folks able to order additional beverages throughout the flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.