Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue NYC Flyover 5/7/20

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2020, 8:15 am

Yes, NYC is short of PPE. Very very short of PPE. First responders and health care workers are reusing masks for several days that are designed and approved for single use. And many are using flimsy throw-away or homemade masks, not N95 masks that those who are in the face of potentially infected people should have.

And no, NYC is not doing nearly enough testing. The amount of testing in the US and NYS and NYC is scary and a disgrace. The disease is spreading undetected, with 1/4 the number of tests required to understand the spread, and inadequate numbers of health care workers to trace and contain the spread.

The poor US response to testing is covered very well in this NPR and Harvard Global Health Institute report:It is laudable that JetBlue has pitched in to help, but the flyover was of no help to anyone except their marketing efforts.
Old May 8, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: Free agent
I didn't even realize this was a planned thing until about halfway through. I just thought it was a normal grouping.
Old May 8, 2020, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta 360, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CC,
Originally Posted by DLSuites
very poor decision. Not really sitting well with a lot of New Yorkers, its reminiscent of 9/11. not a great move by JetBlue. Surely they could've found another way to show their support for healthcare workers and NYers. Not to mention this cost them money, and at a time when they are talking about having to furlough employees in October, not a very smart move.

In fact, I am a first responder to the terror attacks at WTC and I find it to be very distasteful and traumatizing. I am in the midst of writing a letter of complaint to JetBlue in regards.
Reading is your friend. Go up the thread and look at the posts about how it cost them no money instead of a knee jerk reaction. The other way they've found to show their support for healthcare workers in New York is to donate 100,000 pairs of roundtrip tickets to healthcare workers. Again, read up and you would have seen that. Third, no one at JetBlue is talking about furloughs after October 1. In fact, JetBlue has never furloughed in 20 years. You must be confused with another carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.