Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Any word from JetBlue if they are going to extend Mosaic status into 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any word from JetBlue if they are going to extend Mosaic status into 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by moulder3
That is incorrect.

Travel Bank is an online account for managing travel credits with JetBlue. A Travel Bank account is created when a travel credit is issued to a customer. Credits are valid for one year from the date of issuance and are valid until 11:59PM on the date of expiration. Due to the evolving coronavirus situation, we have extended the deadline for using Travel Bank credits:
  • If you have a Travel Bank credit from a previous flight purchase that is expiring between February 27, 2020 and June 30, 2020 it will now expire December 31, 2020.
  • Travel Bank credits issued between February 27, 2020 and June 30, 2020 for flight purchases will now have an 24-month expiration period as opposed to the typical 12 months.
  • Travel Bank credits issued after June 30, 2020 will expire 12 months from their date of issue.
Ok, they will not extend MY credits beyond their original expiration date of January 2021.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by moulder3
That is incorrect.

Travel Bank is an online account for managing travel credits with JetBlue. A Travel Bank account is created when a travel credit is issued to a customer. Credits are valid for one year from the date of issuance and are valid until 11:59PM on the date of expiration. Due to the evolving coronavirus situation, we have extended the deadline for using Travel Bank credits:
  • If you have a Travel Bank credit from a previous flight purchase that is expiring between February 27, 2020 and June 30, 2020 it will now expire December 31, 2020.
  • Travel Bank credits issued between February 27, 2020 and June 30, 2020 for flight purchases will now have an 24-month expiration period as opposed to the typical 12 months.
  • Travel Bank credits issued after June 30, 2020 will expire 12 months from their date of issue.
And if the credits were issued before February 27, the customer is now SOL because they are refusing to extend the credits expiring on or before Feb 26. If you have a credit issued 1/1/20, and you're unable to plan anything before 1/1/21 (which most people won't because nothing will change between now and 1/1/21), JetBlue is telling the customer to go pound sand.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 5:56 am

Status Match

Has anyone successfully status matched another program with gifted Mosaic?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:07 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
Any speculation on further Mosaic extension?

Thinking about foregoing Mosaic status and doing the Hyatt - AA challenge using upcoming Jet Blue flights as that will get me Platinum Pro. The only use of Mosaic to me was the free changes which is worthless now, so there seems little reason to credit to Jet Blue.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: Mosaic. AA Gold, National EE, Avis PC
For what it's worth, even the remaining Mosaic benefits seem to be pretty scarce - on the two flights I was on in the last month, neither one called a mosaic boarding group, just the A-F. Why try for Mosaic, when you can just buy Extra Speed (or whatever) and get the same effect?
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bemis
For what it's worth, even the remaining Mosaic benefits seem to be pretty scarce - on the two flights I was on in the last month, neither one called a mosaic boarding group, just the A-F. Why try for Mosaic, when you can just buy Extra Speed (or whatever) and get the same effect?
I forgot to mention I also only take Jet Blue for Mint transcons so that further limits the value of Mosaic.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by strife
Any speculation on further Mosaic extension?

Thinking about foregoing Mosaic status and doing the Hyatt - AA challenge using upcoming Jet Blue flights as that will get me Platinum Pro. The only use of Mosaic to me was the free changes which is worthless now, so there seems little reason to credit to Jet Blue.
I'm in a similar situation with the challenge and only flying Mint on B6. I have enough B6 flights scheduled to challenge PPro or renew Mosaic, but not both. Even if B6 doesn't extend status again, IMO it's a no-brainer to challenge AA and continue crediting B6 to AA. I did take advantage of the Mosaic change fee benefit occasionally, but without knowing how long the industry-standard change fee waiver will be in place, I just don't think it makes sense to put much value on that benefit at all. The only other benefit I ever used was the Mosaic phone line, and the AA-B6 partnership PR mentioned they are looking to extend reciprocal elite benefits further, so Mosaic phone line access may well be granted to certain elites (not to mention I usually contact B6 via social media anyway). On top of that, B6 points are barely worth a cent for Mint redemptions.

I may even choose to make AA my OW FFP from here on since PPro will grant OWE now. I used to credit to BA but BAEC has become such a lousy program (I barely got 2 cents per Avios on my last F redemption due to the ridiculous fees/surcharges). I'll miss the AC / Flagship / Qantas lounge / etc. access when flying AA domestically, but who knows when I'll be able to fly BA again anyway to make the 4-flight min.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:41 am

There was a lot of discussion in the earnings call today about making improvements to the ff program. More earn/burn partners for sure. I'm hopeful that there will be more positive changes to mosaic program going forward.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 3:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by tphuang
There was a lot of discussion in the earnings call today about making improvements to the ff program. More earn/burn partners for sure. I'm hopeful that there will be more positive changes to mosaic program going forward.
Thanks for the heads up.

Then if you pivot into TrueBlue, the underlying loyalty program, there is a number of areas of opportunities there. We are in the midst of redesigning that program to be far more customer-centric. It's already an award winning program. Customers love it, but we think we can drive greater attachment and greater stickiness through a design that really speaks to customers' wants and needs, also continuing to double down on earn and burn redemption opportunities with OA partners and then obviously the NEA is going to give even additional incremental sort of value to our underlying TrueBlue program.

From https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-t...2021-earnings/
Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by bemis
That seems very unusual about the boarding groups not being called. I would report that. I wonder if it was a route that doesn't normally have a lot of Mosaics, not that that's an excuse.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: Mosaic. AA Gold, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
That seems very unusual about the boarding groups not being called. I would report that. I wonder if it was a route that doesn't normally have a lot of Mosaics, not that that's an excuse.
Both flights to and from JFK, fwiw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.