Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Any word from JetBlue if they are going to extend Mosaic status into 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any word from JetBlue if they are going to extend Mosaic status into 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2020, 10:47 am

I'm also surprised by the lack of a clear response. When I called about canceling and re-arranging multiple flights back in mid March I asked the Mosaic rep about this and was told that they were aware of the situation and were monitoring it. I was planning to do most of my traveling in March-May and have had to cancel 15 flights. If flying in June still isn't feasible I'll have to cancel more. It would really help me plan ahead if they would make an announcement.

Last edited by escapefromnyc004; Apr 14, 2020 at 11:01 am
Old Apr 16, 2020, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Even got an email from both National and Enterprise that they were extending current Executive and Executive Elite members through February 28, 2022.
Come-on JetBlue are you looking around and seeing what others are doing??
blueman2 and GW McLintock like this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 7:04 am
Suspended

As someone who infrequently flies JetBlue, I think they should take this unscheduled downtime and revamp their rewards program. It doesnt have to mirror the legacies but they should instill a more beneficial program for flyers such as upgrade instruments, complimentary upgrades to EMS seats for top elites. upgraded snacks and free drinks for those that sit in EMS. Make it more attractive and you might get legacy lovers to switch brands. B6 has a notoriously crappy Mosaic program.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
For the 18-24 months post-Covid, B6 will need to generate cash, cash & cash. Giving stuff away which is not already in that category, is not in the cards.

One of the biggest mistakes the legacies made in 2007-2009 was to cut prices and increase perks, e.g. the freebie upgrade. If B6 starts handing out free upgrades to MINT, that will be a sign that the product is doomed.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 7:38 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by DLSuites
As someone who infrequently flies JetBlue, I think they should take this unscheduled downtime and revamp their rewards program. It doesnt have to mirror the legacies but they should instill a more beneficial program for flyers such as upgrade instruments, complimentary upgrades to EMS seats for top elites. upgraded snacks and free drinks for those that sit in EMS. Make it more attractive and you might get legacy lovers to switch brands. B6 has a notoriously crappy Mosaic program.
Mosaics can already buy-up to confirmed EMS seats for 1K points on a transcon (about $10-$15) or upgrade at the gate for free on a space-available basis for just asking. I've done both at various times and it's super easy. Upgrades to Mint would be nice for Mosaics but that's extremely unlikely to happen given the value gap.

Mosaics already get free drinks (alcohol and otherwise). Not sure why they would just give away alcohol to non-Mosaics sitting in EMS?

My family and I fly B6 a lot and while I'd love to see more benefits, we get a ton of value out of 2 free checked bags for the Mosaic member and companions on same itin, expedited security, comp EMS upgrades, free drinks, and the most important benefit of all, no change or cancel fees AND free same-day-changes up to 24 hours before departure. That basically means that I can book whatever is cheapest, like a 6AM flight from LGA-PBI and then switch to a 12pm JFK-FLL flight on a space-available basis for free (since both airports are in the same metro area).

Bottom line, while the benefits for an infrequent B6 flier may be nominal, for someone who lives in one of their hubs and flies a decent amount (especially someone who values flexibility), the Mosaic program is pretty decent imho.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Often1
For the 18-24 months post-Covid, B6 will need to generate cash, cash & cash. Giving stuff away which is not already in that category, is not in the cards..
But extending elite status keeps the higher spending customers coming back. At a minimum expect a targeted extension.

Also, though, what's the rush? No one is buying tickets now. No one will be for a couple months. JetBlue can make the move then and it'll all still be fine.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
If B6 starts handing out free upgrades to MINT, that will be a sign that the product is doomed.
Agreed. One of the reasons I like flying JetBlue is that Mint is usually not full. That makes the experience less rushed and more pleasant. If I had only one message for B6 it would be: No Mint Upgrades!

I personally am fine with Mint as it is. Just think they need to do extensions like the other airlines with their existing programs

Last edited by blueman2; Apr 19, 2020 at 3:35 pm
Old Apr 19, 2020, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by DLSuites
I hit Mosaic for the first time last year and even prior to quarantine shutdown, the no change/cancellation fees already saved me hundreds of dollars. None of the legacies offer such a benefit. If anything, I fear B6 will reduce a lot of benefits/amenities, both FFP and onboard, coming out of this.
blueman2 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by gengar
I hit Mosaic for the first time last year and even prior to quarantine shutdown, the no change/cancellation fees already saved me hundreds of dollars. None of the legacies offer such a benefit. If anything, I fear B6 will reduce a lot of benefits/amenities, both FFP and onboard, coming out of this.
Not sure what benefits or amenities B6 could realistically cut -- a slight reduction in snack service perhaps? They've already rolled out basic economy and unbundled bags from all their fares, and their FFP is already revenue based. They're not going to rip screens or wifi out of the planes...

And I don't see much they could realistically cut from Mosaic that would actually save them significant money without making the program worthless.

The quarantine change wavers are a huge argument for extending status, though -- elites spent all last year focusing spend on B6 to get Mosaic, and it's looking like by far the most valuable benefit will be free to everyone for half the year.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
If B6 starts handing out free upgrades to MINT, that will be a sign that the product is doomed.
I agree with you in the big picture -- but tossing some space available Mint upgrades (expiring somewhere between late 2020 and mid 2021) to Mosaics as a one-time gesture would be a great way to expose more people to the product when loads are light.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by dtremit
They're not going to rip screens or wifi out of the planes...
They could start charging for wifi. I know it's a big draw for them to have it free, but even "most affordable wifi" wouldn't be terrible. It was my understanding that other companies (WSJ at first and now Amazon) have "sponsored" the wifi. I could see Amazon pulling out with so few people using it these days. If my understanding is mistaken entirely, this could at least be a source of some marginal revenue.

-J.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:11 am

I agree. The free cancellation is by far the best benefit. I want to know what they will do so I can plan. I am considering switching airlines. I haven't been happy with the B6 fares on my routes lately and the new basic fares just made everything more expensive for me.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:00 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by escapefromnyc004
I agree. The free cancellation is by far the best benefit. ...I am considering switching airlines.
It is a good benefit, however (to put into perspective) Southwest offers this to all of their customers.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by moulder3
It is a good benefit, however (to put into perspective) Southwest offers this to all of their customers.
JetBlue goes a ton of places out of the northeast nonstop that WN does not. Although they are very close in terms of, uhh, class and competition? Idk the word. Anyway WN fliers are for the most part very different than JB flyers.

-J.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I think we will get an announcement this week. I am also surprised it has taken this long to make an announcement but at the same time I can't see them not extending Mosaics through 2021 at this point. It's just the right thing to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.