Good strategy? Have JFK-MBJ

Old Mar 15, 20, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL
Good strategy? Have JFK-MBJ

Was planning on going April 4 JFK-MBJ. I rarely fly jet blue. If I cancel now I get a credit. What happens if they cancel the flight.. wouldn’t I get a refund? Maybe makes sense to hold on until as late as possible. Obviously would much rather have a refund then a credit that will expire...
Old Mar 15, 20, 11:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM-AS MVP-B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy Gold-RHG Gold-Hilton Gold, Natl Exec-Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rewards
I'd wait and see. JetBlue is not cutting that many flights. There's a very good chance your flight will operate. You have around three weeks to figure it out.

-J.
Old Mar 15, 20, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
I'd wait and see. JetBlue is not cutting that many flights. There's a very good chance your flight will operate. You have around three weeks to figure it out.

-J.
I am sure a lot will change quickly but I am
going to wait and see I guess. I’m just hoping they cancel sooner than later if they are going to
cancel. I hear a potential American lockdown so that would probably cancel the flight I’m sure.
Old Mar 15, 20, 6:03 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM-AS MVP-B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy Gold-RHG Gold-Hilton Gold, Natl Exec-Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rewards
I would wait it out. Let them cancel it. If March 30th rolls around and you're still scheduled to go, cancel it then.

-J.
Old Mar 15, 20, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
I would wait it out. Let them cancel it. If March 30th rolls around and you're still scheduled to go, cancel it then.

-J.
I agree thanks!
Old Mar 16, 20, 2:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Silver, D23 Charter Member, JetBlue Mosaic, Southwest A-List
The Caribbean has been one of the least hit areas by the virus so it's entirely possible this will not be cancelled. Of course a lot can change in 3 weeks and I'd also keep an eye out for potential travel bans by the government.
Old Mar 18, 20, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RWPrincess View Post
The Caribbean has been one of the least hit areas by the virus so it's entirely possible this will not be cancelled. Of course a lot can change in 3 weeks and I'd also keep an eye out for potential travel bans by the government.
Good point will certainly keep an eye on this!
Old Mar 20, 20, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Well when I search online my flight no longer comes up. The first available flight is now April 30 to MBJ...hopefully that means they are processing a refund!
Old Mar 27, 20, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Silver, D23 Charter Member, JetBlue Mosaic, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by remphish1 View Post
Well when I search online my flight no longer comes up. The first available flight is now April 30 to MBJ...hopefully that means they are processing a refund!
Any update on this? Have you been notified by JetBlue?
Old Mar 27, 20, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RWPrincess View Post
Any update on this? Have you been notified by JetBlue?
they said flight is still going. Oddly enough when I look on the flight status for JFK-MBJ all flights have been cancelled that day and the day after. I have a feeling they are cancelling these last minute so people will ask for a credit before their flight leaves a few days early instead of getting a refund when they cancel.
the phoenix and diburning like this.
Old Mar 27, 20, 10:20 pm

If they cancel the flight, they will place you on another flight that leaves the same day but different time if they have one available. You can cancel and put the money in your travel bank, but no cash refunds.e aren't able to offer refund to the credit card since we are able to offer you a different flight on the same day..
Old Mar 28, 20, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bgasser View Post
If they cancel the flight, they will place you on another flight that leaves the same day but different time if they have one available. You can cancel and put the money in your travel bank, but no cash refunds.e aren't able to offer refund to the credit card since we are able to offer you a different flight on the same day..
Except no other flights are going on that routing at all the last few days/weeks in this case at least

Search this Thread
Search Engine: