Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car Seat in JetBlue Mint Seat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Car Seat in JetBlue Mint Seat

Has anyone successfully installed a car seat in a JetBlue Mint seat with a seatbelt extender? Which carseat did you use, and did you have to use the base?

Thanks, hoping someone has been successful with either the Nuna Pipa without the base, or the Cosco Scenera Next.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:43 am

save some money, stick the kid in coach and keep your own mint seat, they won't know the difference
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Why would you do this to yourself?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danib62
save some money, stick the kid in coach and keep your own mint seat, they won't know the difference
Lol, don't the people in coach have enough to deal with?

Really, I should let the baby use the Mint seat, and tuck myself away safely in coach - at least he'll bug fewer people up there.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hilton Diamond
We never had an infant bucket style seat, so I can only speak for no issue with convertible and combination seats. No issues with the convertible seats Diono Radian, Clek Fllo, and Graco E2F installed rear-facing or forward-facing, and no issue with installing the combination seat Chicco MyFit.

I don't know how old your little is, but our guy is older and has discovered a hidden gesture from the Mint crew members. We're typically on a red-eye or reverse red-eye when in Mint, so we skip the service and choose sleep. Our kiddo kindly asks for ice cream when the crew member is taking drink orders. They sneak it into a Dunkin' coffee cup pre-departure. :-)
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by robochick84
We never had an infant bucket style seat, so I can only speak for no issue with convertible and combination seats. No issues with the convertible seats Diono Radian, Clek Fllo, and Graco E2F installed rear-facing or forward-facing, and no issue with installing the combination seat Chicco MyFit.

I don't know how old your little is, but our guy is older and has discovered a hidden gesture from the Mint crew members. We're typically on a red-eye or reverse red-eye when in Mint, so we skip the service and choose sleep. Our kiddo kindly asks for ice cream when the crew member is taking drink orders. They sneak it into a Dunkin' coffee cup pre-departure. :-)
Awesome, thanks. We have access to a Clek Fllo (bit heavier that I'd prefer, but I'll live), will use that then. Our kid is only 13 months, but I could go for some ice cream - I'll definitely start teaching him the words now!
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eagle784
Awesome, thanks. We have access to a Clek Fllo (bit heavier that I'd prefer, but I'll live), will use that then. Our kid is only 13 months, but I could go for some ice cream - I'll definitely start teaching him the words now!
Get yourself a gogobabyz Travelmate for the Clek; no need to lift it from drop-off curb to the row of your seat (even straight down the aisle when in economy). We logged roughly 100 flights with the Clek before the kid outgrew it and it is by far the easiest seat we traveled with. Be aware that it can be frustrating to tighten both the airplane seat belt and the seat belt extender into the proper length, but there is no rush in Mint as you aren't blocking the aisle as others push by.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by robochick84
Get yourself a gogobabyz Travelmate for the Clek; no need to lift it from drop-off curb to the row of your seat (even straight down the aisle when in economy). We logged roughly 100 flights with the Clek before the kid outgrew it and it is by far the easiest seat we traveled with. Be aware that it can be frustrating to tighten both the airplane seat belt and the seat belt extender into the proper length, but there is no rush in Mint as you aren't blocking the aisle as others push by.
I've seen a number of people use these, and of families traveling with car seats, people using this product experience the least difficulty or hassle as far as I can tell. Especially if you're using a 4-wheel roller bag that you can walk in front of you. This car seat is such a fantastic product if you travel with small children in Mint OR Core.

-J.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Eagle784
The Cosco Scenera Next works fine, but we actually preferred using the CARES harness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.