Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bag Fee Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Bag Fee Question

I am a first time Jet Blue flyer and have a question.

On 10/23/19, I booked 2 "Blue" fare tickets on their website from EWR to FLL for departure on 1/31. I was told that if I go onto their website early and prepay for our bags, that I would receive some sort of discount. Right now, when I log in, I see that each back is $30 per passenger which is the normal baggage fee. Do I need to do something further to receive a discount, or does this discount no longer exist?

Thanks.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
What you might have heard is that tickets that are purchased starting today will be charged an additional $5 if you purchase your bags at the airport. Since you have your tickets already you will pay the same $30 for your first bag regardless of when you pay for it

CNN: Checking your bag on JetBlue is about to get more expensive
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
What you might have heard is that tickets that are purchased starting today will be charged an additional $5 if you purchase your bags at the airport. Since you have your tickets already you will pay the same $30 for your first bag regardless of when you pay for it

CNN: Checking your bag on JetBlue is about to get more expensive
This.

Here's a slightly shorter piece: https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/airlines/airline-news/jetblue-increasing-baggage-fees-get-ready-airlines-match-roundup-credit-cards-waive-bag-fees/

If you need to check a bag, pay for it in advance.

-J.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.