Wiki Posts
Search

Mosaic Welcome Kits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Mosaic Welcome Kits

I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this already but I just learned that they are no longer sending out welcome kits for Mosaics. I normally wouldn't care but the luggage tags were fun and when you combine this with all the other recent cuts we've been talking about here, it's just not a good look. A lot of these Mosaic related changes seem to have happened after Don Uselmann took over as Head of Loyalty. Just another slap in the face ti long time loyal customers if you ask me. I'm still waiting for the Badges return too.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
As of June 30th (when I qualified for Mosaic) they were still sending them out. Must be a recent change.

One thing that I noticed different about this year's was that the tags didn't have the year on them - maybe in preparation for this change?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by dinosims
One thing that I noticed different about this year's was that the tags didn't have the year on them - maybe in preparation for this change?
Very likely. I noticed that as well. I always thought it was funny to see which Mosaic had the most tags clanking on their bag.

-J.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by dinosims
As of June 30th (when I qualified for Mosaic) they were still sending them out. Must be a recent change.

I qualified in October and haven't gotten anything. I called for another reason and figured I'd ask. The rep answered without hesitation which leads me to believe I wasn't the first to ask.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: Mosaic. AA Gold, National EE, Avis PC
Hopefully, the switch to the 'no-year' bagtags just means that you'll still get a welcome kit the first time you qualify, and just won't each year afterwards.

Last edited by bemis; Jan 2, 2020 at 8:57 am
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by bemis
Hopefully, the switch to the 'no-year' bagtags just means that you'll only get a welcome kit the first time you qualify, and just won't each year afterwards.
I qualified for the first time (in December) - I'll report back if I get anything in the mail.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:53 pm

Cost cutting = no mosaic kits

Originally Posted by gengar
I qualified for the first time (in December) - I'll report back if I get anything in the mail.
JetBlue confirmed no kits this year (no card or tags).

They are clearly are getting lean for an acquisition... too much cost cutting, fee adding and disrespect for their most loyal customers.

If those making the decisions in the back office ever flew, they’d see all the free advertising they get on mosaics’ bags and it would be a no brainer to send them out... and yes people notice than and ask about the tags all the time!
GW McLintock and RWPrincess like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
What kind of garbage airline doesn’t even send airline tags to their elite flyers?
Same airline that won’t give Mosaic to pax that miss it by 3 points.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Sallycat
What kind of garbage airline doesn’t even send airline tags to their elite flyers?
Same airline that won’t give Mosaic to pax that miss it by 3 points.
Didn't they do some thing where they gifted status to a bunch of people who missed it by a little bit? It even made the news. I thought it devalued Mosaic but others have pointed out that it will bring them additional business which makes sense.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.