Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Canada could be JetBlue's next destination [YVR confirmed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Interesting development....

https://www.travelandleisure.com/air...ansion-westjet

What do you think of it? Do you think you can fly JetBlue to Canada.

Let the speculation begin!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:58 am

They will have to at some point given how big of a market YYZ is out of NYC/BOS. It's the next obvious business market to enter from BOS after London and Paris. YUL should be up there too.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Clickbait title in the article (on par for T&L). The article says JetBlue and Southwest are only objecting to the enhanced partnership between Delta and Westjet, and there has been no talk of actually flying to Canada. Until NavCanada lowers their fee structure or gives JetBlue some sort of discount, I don't think it will happen. JetBlue already gets a ton of Canadian traffic at BUF, BTV, and DTW. Many Canadians would rather drive or take the bus to a US airport and fly from there to save on taxes. Business travelers might not, but they would also value operational reliability and a larger airline network (think Air Canada and the Star Alliance).

They already codeshare with Porter who flies into YTZ, including 3x daily from Boston. I can't imagine JetBlue would want to compete with the likes of AC Rouge, WestJet, Air Transat, AND Sunwing, who all operate Toronto to Florida (not to mention this would be leisure customers paying leisure prices).

I would love to see JetBlue go to Canada, but I just can't imagine it happening under current or short-term future market conditions.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Dec 18, 2019 at 9:32 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Clickbait title.
<snip>
-J.
I don't think that means what you think it does. It's not clickbait, since the TPG article actually quotes B6 as saying they are considering it. Of course we know that's baloney and posturing the get LGA slots, but that doesn't make the title clickbait. Also, give the OP a break. He has to translate his primary language to English.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by aviators99
I don't think that means what you think it does. It's not clickbait, since the TPG article actually quotes B6 as saying they are considering it. Of course we know that's baloney and posturing the get LGA slots, but that doesn't make the title clickbait. Also, give the OP a break. He has to translate his primary language to English.
I will clarify my post. I meant the article was clickbait... clearly worthy of a thread here, but T&L is notorious for clickbait titles.

-J.
aviators99 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Until NavCanada lowers their fee structure or gives JetBlue some sort of discount, I don't think it will happen.
Sun Country announced service to Vancouver for next summer. Either they're taking a huge gamble on razor thin margins being a ULCC, or NavCanada is finally negotiating.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:43 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Guess it was not clickbait as now showing on B6's webpage that tickets BOS-VAN will be going on sale soon! I sure hope they offer Mint on this route.

https://www.jetblue.com/new-routes
diburning likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Repeating myself...

I'd like to see B6 expand it's partnership with Porter Airlines (currently Boston only) to include NYC. Currently PD only flys from EWR, but a LGA to YTZ would be a great route for business customers. YTZ > JFK and beyond would also be good for feeding B6's network.

Billy Bishop really is a much easier way to go into and out of Toronto.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AMflier
Repeating myself...

I'd like to see B6 expand it's partnership with Porter Airlines (currently Boston only) to include NYC. Currently PD only flys from EWR, but a LGA to YTZ would be a great route for business customers. YTZ > JFK and beyond would also be good for feeding B6's network.

Billy Bishop really is a much easier way to go into and out of Toronto.
Not yet! They haven't build US Pre-Clearance yet. They haven't received approved from the government and CBP. Hopefully they will open new US Pre-Clearance sometime in 2023 or 2025.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tickets are now on sale for Vancouver.

BOS-YVR showing $148/175/202 on June 10th.

Aircraft will be an A220 (which means this flight will be regularly delayed).

-J.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by aviators99
Actually wouldn't any TPG article be the definition of clickbait? They spend lots on SEO to ensure their articles always pop up at the top of a google search, and many times their articles have absolutely no useful information (maybe if you don't know what a plane is nor how credit cards work, for that target audience they can be very useful).
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:00 am

Tickets are now on sale for Vancouver.

BOS-YVR showing $148/175/202 on June 10th.

Aircraft will be an A220 (which means this flight will be regularly delayed).

-J.
They will have 17 A220s by next years. I'm sure a lot of the mechanical issues they had in the beginning will be worked out by then. I don't see how having A220 on a route could be a bad thing. It offers the best Y class experience of any aircraft.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tphuang
They will have 17 A220s by next years. I'm sure a lot of the mechanical issues they had in the beginning will be worked out by then. I don't see how having A220 on a route could be a bad thing. It offers the best Y class experience of any aircraft.
I hope for their sake you are right. At the moment they are hangar queens (at Delta too, FWIW).

-J.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tphuang
Yes, I am very aware of that. I knows the flight was delayed. Due to mechanical problem. The aircraft should be just fine. There's nothing wrong with it.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Anyone planning to fly on the inaugural?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.