Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS expansion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by octr202
Assuming the above was in BOS, it seems like B6 is getting good use out of the three "swing" gates which can operate as either C or E gates (E1-3 or C5-7). I'm assuming it was one of those gates? Even on the Sunday before Christmas, when I was wandering over there before a 7 AM flight, all three of those gates were marked as having B6 flights as their next outbounds.

C5/E3 does end up being a long trek to the B6 baggage claim and/or check in at least by BOS standards (which means it's still probably shorter than many large airports!).
That's right. E1 is definitely a b6 gate now. I am under the impression that e3 and 4 they use a lot too. I think we will see them encroach more into e, especially in the mornings when there aren't many tatl flights.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:21 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Yes, it was BOS. I can see my post was not 100% explicit on the matter
octr202 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by tphuang
That's right. E1 is definitely a b6 gate now. I am under the impression that e3 and 4 they use a lot too. I think we will see them encroach more into e, especially in the mornings when there aren't many tatl flights.
If they start spreading up to E4, that is a substantial trek from Terminal C's entrances. At that point, it might require a satellite B6 check in over in Terminal E.

I would think reducing the need to tow aircraft back to C for departures of aircraft arriving from international flights would be a good cost savings, but oddly the one interaction I've had with those gates was for a flight to PHL. Originally an E190, somewhere inside of T-24 hours it was swapped to an A320, arriving from the Caribbean. Instead of doing a gate change for the outbound to PHL, they towed the aircraft over to C-30-something.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:08 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Anecdotal info, of course, but on my wife's recent westcoast roundtrip, she left and returned out of gates that we would both consider to be in Terminal E. Same gate we used for Icelandair recently and then the one next to it. If it matters, the westbound flight was at 5:30AM and the eastbound was a redeye landing just after 4AM. Perhaps the equipment was coming/going International before/after?

Easier to pick her up at E than C, so I had that going for me, which was nice
The gates are physically in E, but they call them C gates when used by JetBlue to prevent confusion. JetBlue owns all of the gates on the connector since they paid for it. Sometimes I go through security in E to have a shorter walk to my gate.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
The gates are physically in E, but they call them C gates when used by JetBlue to prevent confusion. JetBlue owns all of the gates on the connector since they paid for it. Sometimes I go through security in E to have a shorter walk to my gate.
The best trick in the BOS book is using the E security right by the old Southwest gates (C5-7). It opens at 2, and doesn't really start to get crowded until 5/6 when the international flights passengers start to arrive.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:09 am

I often use the main checkpoint because I'm there in the morning. Since I'm usually there at the same time as a Copa flight, there really aren't that many people to have in front of me. Also, I still get PreCheck light despite the PreCheck lane not being open, so that's nice as well.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
Is there an airside connecting walkway between C and E?

started a new job last week and my sales territory is better aligned for flying B6 rather than UA that I’ve flown on for the last 15 years. Trying to figure out B6 in Boston subterfuge 😊

mike
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by flyingmike
Is there an airside connecting walkway between C and E?

started a new job last week and my sales territory is better aligned for flying B6 rather than UA that I’ve flown on for the last 15 years. Trying to figure out B6 in Boston subterfuge 😊

mike
Yes, but it is a long walk. Unless you're in one of the C/E gates, you're better off just entering through C.

-J.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: JMB, AMC
Think one use I can see for the connector is heading into the Air France lounge in E then back to C for your flight.
I haven’t been to “The Lounge” in C yet so don’t know how they compare aside from the latter opening earlier...
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:06 am

Air France lounge is open to PP only when there are no Air France or KLM flights. "The Lounge" is a very basic lackluster lounge. Your best use of PP if you still have the restaurant credit is to go eat at Jerry Remy's landside in C, and then if you still have time after, go to the Air France lounge for drinks.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Jinxed_K
Think one use I can see for the connector is heading into the Air France lounge in E then back to C for your flight.
I haven’t been to “The Lounge” in C yet so don’t know how they compare aside from the latter opening earlier...
The Air France lounge is open 1130AM to 1130PM and is by far the best Priority Pass Lounge option. The Club in E and the Lounge in C are both basically the same and ok for a quite drink/snack but the AF lounge has decent food and is quite large so it is much nicer. The walk from the AF lounge to C is actually quite short---much shorter than from the Club in E as well.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:29 am

Is this the year JetBlue announces details on their Transatlantic services...airports, number of flights, schedules? I was under the impression they were to announce details this year with actual service commencing in 2021.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The Air France lounge is open 1130AM to 1130PM and is by far the best Priority Pass Lounge option. The Club in E and the Lounge in C are both basically the same and ok for a quite drink/snack but the AF lounge has decent food and is quite large so it is much nicer. The walk from the AF lounge to C is actually quite short---much shorter than from the Club in E as well.
They've also upped their champagne, wine, and cheese selection in the past year. I don't mind walking the extra 10 minutes for it!
Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisNH38
Is this the year JetBlue announces details on their Transatlantic services...airports, number of flights, schedules? I was under the impression they were to announce details this year with actual service commencing in 2021.
They're planning on the service to begin in 2021. I'd imagine that they'd make the announcement with a schedule update (check the schedule extension thread for rough estimates on the schedule release cycle).

I'd imagine that they won't start until Q3 or Q4 of 2021 since they're not receiving delivery of their first A321LR until 2021.
ChrisNH38 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.