Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2020 Travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:56 am
Original Poster

August 2020 Travel

Good morning, just noticed they opened up bookings through September and I am planning a vacation for August. I need a flight from Boston to Orlando. I checked this morning and the prices are very high compared to what I expected, over $500 round trip per person. When planning this I had been looking at round trip prices for August 2019 and it wasn’t nearly that high. Also looking at flights in June and it’s significantly cheaper. Any chance the cost comes down or is this what I should expect to pay.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
B6, just like most carriers, sets its fares and fare buckets based on demand. As a general proposition, people who must book this far out are considered price insensitive and thus only the higher fare buckets will open. As the sales picture develops, B6 will open the lower fare buckets (or not) and determine whether its current BOS-MCO is too much or too little.

I would not even bother looking at this route until 90 days out, e.g. next March. The exception would be if you are looking at fixed dates such as holidays, school vacation, the Final Four, and the like.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply. The thing that concerns me about the price not dropping is I am looking to go on a Monday and come back in a Sunday. If I shift the dates to leave on a Wednesday and come back on a Tuesday it’s much cheaper and in line with what I was expecting.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:44 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
We are planning a Chicago weekend this summer and were excited to see the extension today. Our weekend is the highest priced dates on the whole JetBlue calendar. We will be waiting to book or maybe fly on another carrier
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: AA, DL, HA, WN, UA, B6, KX, Amtrak, HHonors Silver, SPG
@ashaway12 Agree the $500 BOS to MCO B6 fare is kind of pricey if it's not a holiday or school vacation week. I'm seeing $211 round trip for a random weekend to weekend B6 in September 2020 on Orbitz but obviously not your dates of travel. Even $300 roundtrip would be a real good deal. Agree would suggest wait on that for a fare sale, or try different dates, a different carrier, or an alternate departure airport. Other idea would be a package deal if you also also need a hotel; sometimes there are good deals.

I'm paying a premium on the airfare for a BDL to EYW for a week before Christmas but they cut me a real good package deal on Orbitz that substantially dropped the hotel rate (package discount plus discount code). Likewise got Thanksgiving week for a Grand Cayman JetBlue vacation package with a condo with 7 mile beach out the back door.

Last edited by GadgetKen; Nov 9, 2019 at 11:42 am
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Definitely wait. Price will definitely come down some between now and then. But MCO is one of the more popular routes so you may want to get a slightly earlier head start on to get the best deal - maybe like 2 months out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.