$31 Fare Sale Oct 31 Only [Gone]

Old Oct 30, 19, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
$31 Fare Sale Oct 31 Only [Gone]

Looks like *every* domestic nonstop flight with availability tomorrow is $31! Even transcons like JFK-SEA and SFO-BOS.

I'm trying to find someplace to do a day trip out of JFK but it's proving to be tough to find a round trip with open seats. Many routes are wide open in one direction all day.

UPDATE: It appears AA is matching on many of the JetBlue routes and more.

-J.
QDDawg likes this.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Oct 30, 19 at 6:05 pm
Old Oct 30, 19, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
SEA is $55 with an immediate turn ex-JFK on B6.

BTV is $65 with a long enough turn to enjoy a Heady Topper at the airport bar

ORD is $61 but on AA only (though seems to be main cabin Y fare for ORD and not BE as I've seen in other AA fares for tomorrow)

SLC is $55 with an immediate turn

RNO is $55 but requires a redeye back

DEN is $73 but AA only

Personally I'd go for the Heady Topper
Old Oct 30, 19, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
JFK-PHX was $67 rt on AA for a good 12 hours. If I didn't have to do stuff with my grandparents tomorrow, I would've gone.

I wasn't able to find any day trips outside of the northeast (did not look there) out of JFK on B6, nor anything to the west coast outside of PHX (even combining AA/B6).

-J.
Old Oct 30, 19, 10:12 pm
uxb

Programs: AS (MVPG), BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (1,72MM), WN
I took advantage of a one-way from JFK to BUR. I expect most flights to be way oversold tomorrow.
Old Oct 30, 19, 11:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by uxb View Post
I took advantage of a one-way from JFK to BUR. I expect most flights to be way oversold tomorrow.
JetBlue doesn't normally overbook unless there are irrops of some kind.
Old Oct 30, 19, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

JetBlue does not oversell, which is why I suspect many of the flights for tomorrow appeared to be sold out.

That said, AA does. This will be interesting for sure.

-J.
Old Oct 31, 19, 12:07 am

Programs: TK E+, AS MVPG, AA Gold
Snagged a morning JFK-SAN and a red-eye SAN-JFK back for $60.59, leaving me with an afternoon to explore SD! (and especially excited given tomorrow's NY-area weather forecast)

Quick question since I haven't flown JetBlue in ages...if all main cabin seats are occupied, does online/kiosk check-in automatically assign an EMS seat or is this done at the gate? Any strategies to avoid a middle seat?
Old Oct 31, 19, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Spoke too soon. At least six flights out of JFK this morning are oversold by as many as 7 seats!

-J.
uxb likes this.
Old Oct 31, 19, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
Spoke too soon. At least six flights out of JFK this morning are oversold by as many as 7 seats!

-J.
Ouch! that's gonna make this $31 fare sale A LOT more expensive than just filling up a few seats that would go empty regardless.
uxb likes this.
Old Nov 1, 19, 9:53 am
uxb

Programs: AS (MVPG), BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (1,72MM), WN
Haha! Told you. That said, my flight to BUR was full, but not oversold. I didn't have a seat until I got to the gate. When I got the seat (25F), I sat on the app to elevate my situation. First 20B, then 14E. With each change, my boarding group worsened. As boarding began, I saw that 18B/C had opened up. I asked the GA to move me there, and my B boarding group was restored. Overall, it was not a bad experience. Free TV and WiFi, so I gladly ponied up $12 for a turkey sandwich that beat the pants off anything the legacy carriers offered. The landing sucked. We landed at BUR with a thud. Other than that, I will now consider JetBlue in the future. I guess in that sense, the promo was a success. As for bumping, I prolly would've done better on a heavier route like LAX, but I prefer a BUR arrival.
Old Nov 1, 19, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Haha! Told you. That said, my flight to BUR was full, but not oversold. I didn't have a seat until I got to the gate. When I got the seat (25F), I sat on the app to elevate my situation. First 20B, then 14E. With each change, my boarding group worsened. As boarding began, I saw that 18B/C had opened up. I asked the GA to move me there, and my B boarding group was restored. Overall, it was not a bad experience. Free TV and WiFi, so I gladly ponied up $12 for a turkey sandwich that beat the pants off anything the legacy carriers offered. The landing sucked. We landed at BUR with a thud. Other than that, I will now consider JetBlue in the future. I guess in that sense, the promo was a success. As for bumping, I prolly would've done better on a heavier route like LAX, but I prefer a BUR arrival.
I would have kept 25 since they rear deplane! Anyway I'm glad it worked out for you. The runway is so short at BUR that if you don't land with a thud and stop, you're likely to go too far and either go around or end up across the street.

-J.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Nov 3, 19, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP, SK, UR, MR
It was the day before Halloween, and I was sitting in an EWR lounge at the time the announcement popped up in my inbox. Earlier, Alaska had issued fire waivers for the San Francisco Bay Area, so I suggested to my wife that we return the two $131 EWR-SFO Alaska tickets and purchase two available $31 JFK-SFO jetBlue tickets. Already fully seated and comfortable at the airport, it was a hard sell, even with the bonus day. Of course later on well beyond the impact of the free beer, I realized that leaving it the way it was, we wouldn’t miss the festivities at home, not to mention the travel needed to qualify for Alaska premier status.
Old Nov 4, 19, 7:32 am

Programs: Free agent
I would have kept 25 since they rear deplane! Anyway I'm glad it worked out for you. The runway is so short at BUR that if you don't land with a thud and stop, you're likely to go too far and either go around or end up across the street.

-J.
I've had two go-rounds at BTV, one in the summer and one in the winter. The approach is steep/short enough that it's a fun abort. Instant acceleration and a sharp right turn in a E190 is as close to a fighter jet as some of us will get.

The second go-round was because an Vermont Air National Guard C-130/C-17 was coming in and apparently close enough to bingo fuel that they sent us around about 200 ft up from landing. That was a good one.
Old Nov 5, 19, 2:27 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR

-J.
I wonder what happened? JetBlue does not purposefully oversell.

Maybe they were refreshed A320s that were swapped for the older 150-seat config. I've noticed that most of the cabin refreshed planes seem to be assigned to JFK routes, and only come to Boston every once in a while. (I'm guessing it's because the Phase 2s provide wifi on their Caribbean routes)
Old Nov 5, 19, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diburning View Post
I wonder what happened? JetBlue does not purposefully oversell.

Maybe they were refreshed A320s that were swapped for the older 150-seat config. I've noticed that most of the cabin refreshed planes seem to be assigned to JFK routes, and only come to Boston every once in a while. (I'm guessing it's because the Phase 2s provide wifi on their Caribbean routes)
I didn't think of that but you are probably right. That would make a lot of sense, though one of the routes was LAX which is Mint.

I've noticed that too lately regarding the 32Ms. Originally they were all in Boston. I suppose they want the capacity out of slot-constrained JFK. Even LGA sees A321s now.

-J.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: