Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

More bad news...SpaceFlex bathrooms on new A321neo planes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More bad news...SpaceFlex bathrooms on new A321neo planes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Thumbs down More bad news...SpaceFlex bathrooms on new A321neo planes

Well this is terrible news. I had thought the awful SpaceFlex bathrooms were limited to A320 retrofits. Now that (apparently) all the upcoming A321neo planes will have SpaceFlex bathrooms, if the upcoming deliveries of A321LR also have these, I'm no longer interested in upcoming transatlantic flights on Jetblue. Even if they don't, the A321neo will be doing long flights to Central & South America. Yet another poor long-term strategic decision solely to gain another few rows of seating. Combine this with the recent service cuts and I personally think almost all of what made Jetblue special is gone. They're basically Delta & United now...although still much better than AA.

https://paxex.aero/2019/09/on-board-...tblue-a321neo/

Last edited by moulder3; Sep 27, 2019 at 4:05 pm Reason: MSYtoJFKagain pointed out my mistake of assuming A321neo would have same bathrooms as A321LR
Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: Free agent
The NEO is not the A321LR. I'd be very surprised to see the LR come equipped with those.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The front lav is full sized. Since these planes are all one class of service, if you don't like the ones in the rear, you can go use the one in the front.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
This is old news. There is no way to fit 200 seats and maintain the legroom, plus have a mid-cabin lav and the pantry without using the SpaceFlex module. AA has it, but with two inches less pitch in Y than the tightest seat on JetBlue.

Originally Posted by diburning
The front lav is full sized. Since these planes are all one class of service, if you don't like the ones in the rear, you can go use the one in the front.
Also the mid-cabin lav by the pantry. That is the same type of lav as on the Mint A321 between cabins.

-J.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
This is old news.
Agreed. But that doesn't make it good news.

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Also the mid-cabin lav by the pantry. That is the same type of lav as on the Mint A321 between cabins.
This is the good news on the A321neo, though. That lav across from the Pantry is going to be the best option for most pax on board. And if you're stuck heading to the rear galley lav the outboard one has more space.

Originally Posted by moulder3
... I personally think almost all of what made Jetblue special is gone. They're basically Delta & United now...although still much better than AA....
And the extra legroom. it still is significant compared to the others. And now an IFE system that can keep pace with DL and beats the hell out of UA's streaming/BYOD solution.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
The removal of the 2L/R doors on the NEO is very unfortunate. Personally I would much prefer to have a door exit row at the 2L/R doors like on the original A321 than have to go all the way back to 3L/R to find one. SpaceFlex is terrible too.

With that said, the 'pantry' is a nice addition for standard aircraft.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cmd320
The removal of the 2L/R doors on the NEO is very unfortunate. Personally I would much prefer to have a door exit row at the 2L/R doors like on the original A321 than have to go all the way back to 3L/R to find one.
For safety reasons or for legroom reasons? There are the over wing exits on the A321neo ACF config now. Those are not present with the door forward of the wing.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
For safety reasons or for legroom reasons? There are the over wing exits on the A321neo ACF config now. Those are not present with the door forward of the wing.
For there being a seat I actually want to sit in on the aircraft reasons. The window exit is nowhere near as nice as the door is.
sbm12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.