Dirty Water on the Plane!

Old Sep 18, 19, 4:03 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Silver, Natl EE, Avis PC, Greyhound RR
Dirty Water on the Plane!

https://www.dietdetective.com/airline-water-study-2019/

I know potable water is gross, considering how often (or not) the tanks and pipes get cleaned. But I had no idea it was this bad, especially with JetBlue. Would you like your freshly brewed Dunkin Coffee with E. Coli or Coliform? And to think I used to regularly drink hot water by itself!

Onboard Water Health Score: 1 / 5

Aircraft Fleet Size: 254

Total ADWR Violations (2012-2019): 354

Avg # of ADWR Violations per Aircraft: 1.40

Total Water Samples Testing Positive For E. Coli (2012-2019): 9

Total Water Samples Testing Positive For Coliform (2012-2019): 144

Cooperation In Water Investigation: Not Helpful

Comments: A poor response from JetBlue representatives and a poor water safety record. JetBlue had the highest number of total ADWR violations among the major airlines and a very high number of average number of violations per aircraft. The airline also had a relatively high number of water samples testing positive for E. coli and a high number of violations for failure to conduct routine monitoring, failure to perform required corrective actions and failure to collect repeat or follow-up samples of a coliform-positive result.
-J.
Old Sep 24, 19, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Silver, D23 Charter Member, JetBlue Mosaic
So basically bring your own coffee or tea onboard
rickg523 and Traveler_boy_25 like this.
Old Sep 29, 19, 1:47 pm

Oh man, I enjoy the cappuccinos when the machine is working too. I was hoping they used bottle water on the machine.
Old Sep 29, 19, 2:00 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Silver, Natl EE, Avis PC, Greyhound RR
Originally Posted by leonger View Post
Oh man, I enjoy the cappuccinos when the machine is working too. I was hoping they used bottle water on the machine.
They don't. I like to think that is the exception since those pipes are used much less often, so it is a little cleaner... but the water all comes from the same tank.

-J.

Search this Thread