Mint Service Cuts Coming 9/1

Old Sep 7, 19, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tito's is pretty basic, they should have at least gone with something like Ketel One.
Old Sep 7, 19, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by HepperSchepp View Post
I hate them too!
Well... there's basically two schools of thought here. Glad they didn't drop them, but I could care less for that box. Unnecessary, especially since cookies are already packaged within the box.
Old Sep 8, 19, 6:11 am

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Tito's is pretty basic, they should have at least gone with something like Ketel One.
I'm sure Tito's is charging them less for the exposure
Old Sep 8, 19, 11:00 am

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, RC/MR/SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by diburning View Post
Grey Goose vodka eliminated from Mint. Tito's Vodka (currently sold in Core) will be the only vodka on board
I actually consider this an upgrade. Tito's is the only vodka I'll actually drink these days. Much more drinkable, far less hangover when consumed a bit more liberally.
Old Sep 8, 19, 11:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Silver, Natl EE, Avis PC, Greyhound RR
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
I actually consider this an upgrade. Tito's is the only vodka I'll actually drink these days. Much more drinkable, far less hangover when consumed a bit more liberally.
We can agree to disagree. I am not a huge Tito's fan. My two favorites are goose and ketel one. I'll have Tito's in mixed drinks if I must, but even then I'd usually prefer Absolut or even well vodka.

-J.
Yahtzee and luv2vacay like this.
Old Sep 9, 19, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
I've always considered Tito's to be a lower shelf brand. But, I seem to recall that United used to have Tito's.

It seems that US airlines in general aren't serving top shelf spirits anyway, so JetBlue removing the Goose is just to align with the others.

Other airlines' vodkas in premium cabin:
United - Wheatley
American - Tito's
Delta - Finlandia

And just for the sake of comparison:
Amtrak - Finlandia
Old Sep 9, 19, 2:29 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tphuang View Post
I have no issue with any of this. I think they are constantly making service adjustments. If there is enough feedback, they will find ways to either turn back those adjustments or try something differently.

My biggest issue with mint is that it's not offered on even more routes.
Got a source on this? I and several others (some of whom are mosiac) have complained to them for years about the lack of any actual bourbon in core. Now they are removing it from Mint as well.
Traveler_boy_25 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 19, 6:26 am

Programs: Mosaic
If you're not eating it right away on the plane, the box is necessary to keep the cookie from crumbling in your carryon.
Old Sep 11, 19, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Originally Posted by diburning View Post
I've always considered Tito's to be a lower shelf brand.
Why, just because it's cheaper? Grey Goose as a vodka product is definitely 'lower shelf'. It's just priced high living off its long history of experiential marketing.

The slight sweetness of Tito's (from the corn) is certainly not for everybody, but at least avoids the slight burn and slight aftertaste bitterness of, say, Ketel One or Russian Standard.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 19, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, RC/MR/SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Perhaps Iím biased because to me the only thing that makes a vodka good is itís drinkability. I donít really drink vodka for the taste, to me itís just the thing I put into juice to make it a cocktail.
Old Sep 12, 19, 6:15 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic
I prefer Tito's for nearly every circumstance but I never say no to Belvedere or Hanger One on the rocks.
Old Sep 18, 19, 4:55 pm

As long as the amenity kit is there, I think these changes are not that significant.
I simply love the amenity kit.

Search this Thread