Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancel segment of reward flight?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Cancel segment of reward flight?

My wife and I booked a round-trip flight on points. (Blue Fare)
Due to work scheduling my wife will not be taking the return flight. Is there any way to get the points back by paying a change or redeposit fee, while not affecting the outbound segments and my return segment?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:06 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
My wife and I booked a round-trip flight on points. (Blue Fare)
Due to work scheduling my wife will not be taking the return flight. Is there any way to get the points back by paying a change or redeposit fee, while not affecting the outbound segments and my return segment?
You expect to pay between $75 and $150 (in cash) based on the cash value of the return flight to redeposit the points. Bear in mind that depending on the cost, it may not be worth it to spend the money to get the points back. YMMV.
lost_perspicacity likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Thanks. My wife's job will reimburse us as they are causing her to miss the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.