Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Frustrated by lack of Mint upgrades for Mosaics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frustrated by lack of Mint upgrades for Mosaics

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:26 pm

My experience on B6 when trying to upgrade to Mint, is they will charge you the walk up fare for that seat minus the value of your ticket. That is what makes the Mint upgrade prohibitive. However if I spent $1K for a Mint seat, I would be bothered with people getting seats for a few bucks more than a coach ticket that can usually be gotten for under $200.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by bgasser
My experience on B6 when trying to upgrade to Mint, is they will charge you the walk up fare for that seat minus the value of your ticket. That is what makes the Mint upgrade prohibitive. However if I spent $1K for a Mint seat, I would be bothered with people getting seats for a few bucks more than a coach ticket that can usually be gotten for under $200.
This is correct. Jetblue will charge the fare difference between what you paid and the Mint fare at the time of the change to upgrade to Mint on the same flight.

Once the flight goes to gate control, Mint upgrades are sold at a flat fee, and they're not really worth it unless you bought a last minute ticket where you're stuck in a middle seat in the back and the Mint fare was over $1K. The flat fee can be anywhere from $549 to $749 if not more, depending on the route.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PG
Delta 100% does comp UGs on transcon lie-flat service. It's only different in that everyone gets put on the UG list the day of instead of possibly clearing 1/3/5 days in advance (according to status) like they could on normal flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.